Miralem Pjanic

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
He did play under Lucho as did Rafinha.... If be brought him, there's a high chance we are hindering Rafinha's chances of becoming a starter and if Lucho still wants the player, he might be sure the player is worth it.

I'd say go for him

Jombi

Yeah, all right - I fully agree then. If we pay more for Pjanic than Gundogan it is truly baffling.
But I don't see it happening.

Its not baffling if we assume that Lucho wants players who he knows. He is largely clueless about what goes on outside La Liga, but he did coach Pjanic before so he knows him. Just a theory. Basically, we must assume that Lucho pushes hard for Celta, Roma and La Liga players.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I'm talking about now. We could have gotten Gundogan instead of Pjanic.

Was that really it? Did we actually make and offer and got snubbed?

We will never know,not necessary an offer but could have a contact with his agent to know such thing. Gundogan is Pep number one target and Pep is currently the most popular coach in the globe from player prespective never mind he is perfect for Gundogan style
Honestly,I doubt that even if we made an offer we would have beaten City for his service

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We will never know,not necessary an offer but could have a contact with his agent to know such thing. Gundogan is Pep number one target and Pep is currently the most popular coach in the globe from player prespective never mind he is perfect for Gundogan style
Honestly,I doubt that even if we made an offer we would have beaten City for his service

I think you're overrating Pep's pull a bit. He might be the most popular coach from a player perspective, but the club FC Barcelona with players like Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Iniesta, Busquets, got much more than that.

To be able to play with arguably the greatest player in history and one of the best midfielders in history is a privilege not many players will have, and if you're a good player, we also pay you well too.

The city of Barcelona is far more attractive as well. Guardiola might be a huge pull, but the total package of Barca would logically be far, far bigger.

If Gundogan was said to have a role where he'd start and play quite a lot, then I'm sure we'd be able to land him, but I think we dropped our interest in him after we signed Arda last season.

I don't dislike Pjanic at all and rated him highly a couple of years ago, but a bit sceptical right now.........Would be a bit disappointing IMO if we drop Pogba and sign Pjanic, when Gundogan also was in the market.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I started having the feeling that we have lost our grandeur a bit as players are not attracted by us like moths to a flame any more. :(

navidjaan

I started having the feeling that we have lost our grandeur a bit as players are not attracted by us like moths to a flame any more. :(

Except we have the transfers of Pogba, Dybala and Bellerin in our bare hands if we choose to engage in them in the summers after this one. Oh, and Marquinhos wants to join us, too.

Messi983

Why didn't we get Gundogan?

I think we were concerned about his injuries. I've read yesterday that since the start of 2012/13 season he missed more days because of injuries than Abou Diaby. That says a lot.

I'd still risk 25M for him but then again, he probably wanted to go to City because of money and guaranteed place in first XI (IF and when healthy that is).

F

Flavia

Yes, but we are not getting Pogba anyway. This board/Robert Hernandez are just not bold and forward-thinking enough.

We don't know that yet. And Barto wanted Pogba not long ago. The problem was Laporta being friends with raiola, during elections.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We don't know that yet. And Barto wanted Pogba not long ago. The problem was Laporta being friends with raiola, during elections.

Really? Hmm, I just don't recall reading us showing any interest in Pogba, not even once recently.

Signing him will be an extremely tall order, not only do we have to persuade Juventus with an extremely high transfer fee, we will also have to placate Pogba and his fat rat agent with an extremely high salary, not to mention competitions from Real Madrid, Manchester United and others.

Home of Barca Fans