Mexico

Pepe Silvia

Mexico U23 are in the pre-olympic tourney. Going against the Canada on Saturday in the semi-final. Afterward it's either El Salvador or Honduras. El Salvador beat the U.S. so I think they might a surprise for Honduras and whoever makes it through to the finals.

They almost have made Chepo's prediction true by making it to the Olympics.
Catrachos :worthy: :lol:

FCB_M3

I can't feel ma face!
We got this, hopefully chicharito vela Gio and jds get called up? Idk there all under 23? Right ? Mexico London 2012

Blue Demon

Hard to tell right now. We'll see when the time gets closer to the games. Hopefully to a medal round, but you never know with this team.

Blue Demon

I stand corrected (I think), I heard in the radio that Gio, Vela, JDS and Chicharito can be called. Except there might be some stipulations from the club how they can be used by the NT.

Blue Demon

No Chicharito (Fergie said no) nor Carlos Vela (Vela laughed them and walked away) for Olympics. Are they for calling Nery Castillo next? :icon_neutral:

FCB_M3

I can't feel ma face!
Fuck ferguson he can suck it, and why oh why vela, I'm scared that they won't cll him up anymore

I guess he's leaving arsenal and looking for a new team. He wants to make a good impression get to know te coach and have a good preseason. Ughhh thoughts on vela ?

Jenks

He'd probably do better in Spain. Like Dos Santos he's technically sound, but probably not built for the Premier League.

Blue Demon

Fuck ferguson he can suck it, and why oh why vela, I'm scared that they won't cll him up anymore

I guess he's leaving arsenal and looking for a new team. He wants to make a good impression get to know te coach and have a good preseason. Ughhh thoughts on vela ?
He'd probably do better in Spain. Like Dos Santos he's technically sound, but probably not built for the Premier League.

I always liked Vela. Jenks hit it on the spot. He's better in Spain. Besides, in Arsenal, he was always on the bench. Wenger never did play him. Same thing with Gio Dos Santos warming the bench in Tottenham. I think he's been playing his best at Real Sociedad. I hope he stays there or go some other club.

Vela is at Real Sociedad on loan from Arsenal. Any news as to why he declined Olympic games?

All I hear is that he did not want to be included. Probably som beef with Chepo De La Torre. This has been going on for some time.

Now the rags in Mexico and ESPN Deportes are saying that Chicharito asked for Fergie to help him get out of the Olympics. If this is true, then I guess Chicharito is doing it to better his position in the club. If he becomes second to Welbeck, then it might be his last year there. This is interesting, both players are concentrating on their careers and their clubs. The Olympics doesn't attract them as much.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans