Mavericky Puig

xXKonan

I've been burnt too much by La Masia players now to take hardcore followers words for the talents we had come through in the past few seasons.

There was a time where people and even I thought Montoya and Bartra could step up and be the successor to Alves and Puyol, but it turns out there's a reason why the first team coaches decided to pass on them. I thought Samper could be the next great Midfielder we produced, it turns out even before his bad injuries he had numerous flaws in his game which made it unlikely he could ever succeed here and take the reigns from someone like Busi.

Munir looked like a Superstar in the making due to his performances in the UEFA youth league and his performances early on during the Lucho Era, turns out he's simply not as good as we had hoped but still appears to have found a good home at Sevilla. I thought at least one of Cucu and Miranda could succeed Alba, but sadly they're likely going the way of Munir instead.

Sure Cucu is doing good at Getafe but he's more or less a LM/Winger now. But Fati is giving me hope that we may have finally found a La Masia forward who might live up to the hype and Puig appears to want it badly and has some positive qualities to him even if he looks like a 14-year-old kid in terms of body style.

Richard.H

Why does someone like Puig look just so much energetic than the other 10 players? Are the other players just burnt out? too many trophies they won so not as motivated? Big egos? Like when you watch the field everyone just stands around like pussies and braindead morons but then a 20 year old kid and a 17 year old kid come and make others look like lazy bums. How's that possible?

FinBarcelonafan

Why does someone like Puig look just so much energetic than the other 10 players? Are the other players just burnt out? too many trophies they won so not as motivated? Big egos? Like when you watch the field everyone just stands around like pussies and braindead morons but then a 20 year old kid and a 17 year old kid come and make others look like lazy bums. How's that possible?

Like Modric said, it's not as hard to get to the top as to stay on top. Barca was on the top for a long time. The players enjoy now playing for big wages, they have earned it already. Not much fight left in them. That's fine though, they are only human after all.

Andrew M

I've been burnt too much by La Masia players now to take hardcore followers words for the talents we had come through in the past few seasons.

There was a time where people and even I thought Montoya and Bartra could step up and be the successor to Alves and Puyol, but it turns out there's a reason why the first team coaches decided to pass on them. I thought Samper could be the next great Midfielder we produced, it turns out even before his bad injuries he had numerous flaws in his game which made it unlikely he could ever succeed here and take the reigns from someone like Busi.

Munir looked like a Superstar in the making due to his performances in the UEFA youth league and his performances early on during the Lucho Era, turns out he's simply not as good as we had hoped but still appears to have found a good home at Sevilla. I thought at least one of Cucu and Miranda could succeed Alba, but sadly they're likely going the way of Munir instead.

Sure Cucu is doing good at Getafe but he's more or less a LM/Winger now. But Fati is giving me hope that we may have finally found a La Masia forward who might live up to the hype and Puig appears to want it badly and has some positive qualities to him even if he looks like a 14-year-old kid in terms of body style.

Yeah it sure is hard to get your hopes up after the recent disappointments going as far back as Bojan.

We got pretty lucky with our golden generation. Furthermore, if you look back at all the other cases of teams/nations having a sudden pool of great youth players and how in succeeding generations they haven't been able to replicate them, it becomes clear that you can't just come up with a formula for producing talent.

JamDav1982

I don't want to say I told you guys...but yeah, where are all those who are bashing Puig a few pages back?

I am one that thinks his physicality will hold him back but he was sensational last night and changed the game with his positivity.

If wrong then happy to see it play out and wont go BBZ route and try to find reasons to prove still correct.

Did want him and Fati to start last night before game though as would rather go down swinging and learn about those players then lose with slow, mostly old guard.

Porque

Goes to take corner. Messi comes for short corner. Puig ignores and delivers corner ito box for a Pique header which almost goes in.

Balls of steel this kid.

Deserves to play more just for that action.

JamDav1982

Goes to take corner. Messi comes for short corner. Puig ignores and delivers corner ito box for a Pique header which almost goes in.

Balls of steel this kid.

Fairly sure Messi told him to put it into box and not pass short.

gasgas

Balls of steel this kid.

I dont even know why we do short corners, it usually ends with the ball back to Ter Stegen

Home of Barca Fans