Mavericky Puig

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Most posters here used to watch WWF before switching to football so no matter how good Puig is he so too short and skinny to make it into wrestling... I mean football.

A lot of fans don't even understand what they are watching much less draw reasonable conclusions

Gnidrologist

He's tenacious and he compensates the lack of body weight with very intelligent tackling, good anticipation. Something that Iniesta developed despite his small skinny/fat stature. Don't need to mention his attacking qualities, because they're known. I'd really like him to be tested in serious matches, like against upcoming Sevilla, more. Even if as substitute. I believe he can be a great asset, because he has instincts and high energy that none of our current mids have and they show brightly in every cameo.

Porque

He does not lack pace nor tenacity. He is a good option for us to have in 5 sub football for second halves.

Long term though I would love to see him test himself in LaLiga with a season or two in another team. Villarreal always do well with undersized technically players for example.

vegitot

He does not lack pace nor tenacity. He is a good option for us to have in 5 sub football for second halves.

Long term though I would love to see him test himself in LaLiga with a season or two in another team. Villarreal always do well with undersized technically players for example.
Is there any Barca young players go on loan and successfully return to become great at Barca? Pique comes to my mind but that is not really usual thing

Porque

Is there any Barca young players go on loan and successfully return to become great at Barca? Pique comes to my mind but that is not really usual thing

Arda Turan.

Just kidding, there is nobody from the current squad. But, these players have either gone out on loan or been sold with buyback options in the last 5 years or so from Barcelona.

Adama - Sold for profit and not activated. Turned into good attacking player linked with return here and Liverpool
Munir - Had a good season at Alaves. Returned here but was not impactful. Sold/Released to Sevilla
Cucurella - Turned to solid LaLiga player. Sold for very small profit.
Miranda - Loaned to Shalke. Not looking positive for a Barcelona future.
Todibo - Loaned to Shalke. Looking like we can sell for profit. Not looking Barcelona quality.
Marlon - Loaned to Nice. Good season and sold for profit to Sassualo.
Palencia - Loaned to Bordeaux. Not deemed Barcelona quality and sold to St Etienne.
Denis Suarez - Loaned to Sevilla, then sold to Villarreal with buyback. Impressed and bought back. Sold to Celta after not making it.
Rafinha - Loaned to Celta. Come back. Eventually sold.
Gerard Delofeu - Sold to Everton. Brought back. Sold again.

From above we can see that none made it at Barcelona. But loans gave an opportunity for them to get minutes and develop. Some impressed enough to return to Barcelona and others were sold on after evaluation. These are just off the top of my head and I am sure there are more players.

I think loaning Puig can expedite his options and development like the above.

vegitot

Arda Turan.

Just kidding, there is nobody from the current squad. But, these players have either gone out on loan or been sold with buyback options in the last 5 years or so from Barcelona.

Adama - Sold for profit and not activated. Turned into good attacking player linked with return here and Liverpool
Munir - Had a good season at Alaves. Returned here but was not impactful. Sold/Released to Sevilla
Cucurella - Turned to solid LaLiga player. Sold for very small profit.
Miranda - Loaned to Shalke. Not looking positive for a Barcelona future.
Todibo - Loaned to Shalke. Looking like we can sell for profit. Not looking Barcelona quality.
Marlon - Loaned to Nice. Good season and sold for profit to Sassualo.
Palencia - Loaned to Bordeaux. Not deemed Barcelona quality and sold to St Etienne.
Denis Suarez - Loaned to Sevilla, then sold to Villarreal with buyback. Impressed and bought back. Sold to Celta after not making it.
Rafinha - Loaned to Celta. Come back. Eventually sold.
Gerard Delofeu - Sold to Everton. Brought back. Sold again.

From above we can see that none made it at Barcelona. But loans gave an opportunity for them to get minutes and develop. Some impressed enough to return to Barcelona and others were sold on after evaluation. These are just off the top of my head and I am sure there are more players.

I think loaning Puig can expedite his options and development like the above.

None of them successfully return. This is what im worrying. Some are not good enough for Barca,some dont have enough times to prove. Puig is the later now. We never know if we just loan him.
Even Chelse risks their faith in young players.

Andresito

Staff member

It's a lot easier to give youngsters a chance when the club is in the rebuild phase. Same thing with Liverpool when Klopp arrived.

When a team is fighting for titles it's usually much harder for youngsters to get game time, not only at Barca.

Messi10

He a good player. Not sure how good he is tho, Only way is to play him more. You need to be a special player to be playing for Barcelona

Porque

None of them successfully return. This is what im worrying. Some are not good enough for Barca,some dont have enough times to prove. Puig is the later now. We never know if we just loan him.

That's true, but at certain points of time alot thought that every name on that list (bar Palencia and Marlon) would turn into Barcelona first team players. If we can't afford to give the opportunities in the first team, then the only way to expedite the players career and potential is at another team. Be it by loan or sale with buyback.

If Puig can not impose his ability at a lesser club then Barcelona, then he will never do it here. Better to find that out in one season rather than 3 with limited minutes in the A team and dwelling in the B team because he has passes SegundaB level.

fergus90

He needs to play more, yes he's raw but pacey and his natural instinct is to move forward with the ball, a profile we are desperately lacking at the moment. Would be a mistake to drop him and Fati back down to the B team.

BBZ8800

But there aren't many La Masia players who made it since 2012.

So, it is hard to tell if they failed because of loans or because they were not good enough (no matter what we did with them).

vegitot

But there aren't many La Masia players who made it since 2012.

So, it is hard to tell if they failed because of loans or because they were not good enough (no matter what we did with them).

We even sold Thiago only after that Xavi declined,sold Cesc and after that we played more direct attack under Lucho.
It is right that many can not live up the hype. We still dont know Puig can or not.

Home of Barca Fans