Mavericky Puig

vegitot

Nothing is as simple or linear as age as a fair comparison. e.g. Jamie Vardy at 22 was playing for Fleetwood town and Andy Carroll was playing for Liverpool. I think we can tell who the better striker was. Players like Drogba didn't even turn pro until they were 21.

Also how can you compares goals when Puig has played 195 minutes and Pedri has played 1744 not exactly a fair and logical comparison.

Pedri has been doing well and has been excellent at times but he also blows hot and cold as expected with a player his age. Pedri to me is an all-round better footballer but he isn't exactly light years ahead of Puig and that could all change.

It is quite fair. And if you think about it, Puig loses his minutes to Pedri which says a lot. It is like Andy Cole vs Solskjaer, one is just a sub for another.

FC B

Love the joy of the kid when he scored. Recently looked almost as happy when introduced late in the game by RK, love it.

Andresito

Staff member
Not to spoil the party but I don't think he'll develop that much further.

Experience is a factor but I can't see him adding anything to his game at this point. Will always be a Valencia level player, which necessarily isn't a bad thing because he can still help the team.

vegitot

Experience is a factor but I can't see him adding anything to his game at this point. Will always be a Valencia level player, which necessarily isn't a bad thing because he can still help the team.

Valencia from Manchester Utd level???

serghei

He can be a Barca level player only under some specific type of manager. Xavi is his shot. If he doesn't make it under a heavy possession and technical style like Xavi will try to implement, he doesn't make it at all at Barca.

behindbrowneyes

Koeman's reaction to Puig's goal tells you everything

Media and fans make more of it than it really is. They showed Koeman two minutes after the goal and people now claim he wasn't happy that Puig scored just because it fits their narrative.

Koeman celebrated the goal and also praised Riqui's attitude after the game:
“Riqui Puig did well when he came on. We want the midfielders getting into the box like that. I like Riqui’s attitude. Despite not getting minutes, he enjoys himself when he comes on. For me, he’s not a problem.”

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Media and fans make more of it than it really is. They showed Koeman two minutes after the goal and people now claim he wasn't happy that Puig scored just because it fits their narrative.

Koeman celebrated the goal and also praised Riqui's attitude after the game:

I'm not talking about the photos circulating 2 mins after the goal - I'm talking about just after the goal, Koeman showed nothing

Words are meaningless, actions - like sticking him on with 3 minutes left or ignoring him altogether

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I'm not talking about the photos circulating 2 mins after the goal - I'm talking about just after the goal, Koeman showed nothing

Words are meaningless, actions - like sticking him on with 3 minutes left or ignoring him altogether

It wasn't just after the goal, it was about 30 seconds after everyone was done celebrating. Of course he won't show anything.

malvolio

This. People here arguing over this pretty boy who hasn't proved anything. If he ends up a starter for Valencia it would be great. I don't see even that in him

Bobo32

I don't think he needs to develop further. He is a top 5 midfielder in the world at the moment, given playing time in the right formation and with the right players around him this would be totally obvious.

I think he can improve in being a little bit more calm on the ball (this is understandable given the little time he gets) and also his concentration, sometimes he is a bit sloppy. I think this will become better almost automatically with age and with playing time. What he could work on seems to be his finishing, I don't think he looks very clinical or dangerous when he shoots (although better there than both Xavi and Iniesta)

BBZ8800

The most pointless hype in a history.

It's hard to even fight on forums over him.

With Arthur, Dembele and Malcom there was at least some chance to lose the argument if you said that they won't make it.

Meh.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
The most pointless hype in a history.

It's hard to even fight on forums over him.

With Arthur, Dembele and Malcom there was at least some chance to lose the argument if you said that they won't make it.

Meh.

Dembele is gonna make it, I still believe :lol: for another club if not at Barca

Home of Barca Fans