Mauricio Lemos

Messi983

Is Davinson completely off the table or are we still negotiating with his agent about potentially loaning him to a La Liga team? I thought the former.

Depends on if he wants that or he prefers to go to smaller club that plays in CL as it was rumoured. If he wants to go to a club that plays in CL Villarreal is the only possible La Liga club where we can loan him. RM and AM are of course off the board and I wouldn't loan him to Sevilla. I'd buy this kid and Bailly then loan him to Villarreal as Bailly's replacement for the next season or two. That's if they want him but as far as I know them they'd prefer to buy a player like Davinson themselves and then sell him for profit in a year or two.

khaled_a_d

Depends on if he wants that or he prefers to go to smaller club that plays in CL as it was rumoured. If he wants to go to a club that plays in CL Villarreal is the only possible La Liga club where we can loan him. RM and AM are of course off the board and I wouldn't loan him to Sevilla. I'd buy this kid and Bailly then loan him to Villarreal as Bailly's replacement for the next season or two. That's if they want him but as far as I know them they'd prefer to buy a player like Davinson themselves and then sell him for profit in a year or two.

He never said he wants to go to team playing in CL ,his agent said that he wants to play 1st division football and when a player has offers from CL clubs you can't send him to 3rd division

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
10 really isn't a lot in today's market. Same kind of players from stronger clubs go for double figures.

If we're bidding again we're serious about him. I think he's gonna be signed.

Hope the scouts have done their homework. They need to if you want success with low profile signings.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

This seems to be the transfer-window which determines our future defence, so it is crucial that we make the right choices. (The first good choice: "Forget Marquinhos" seems to be checked out right now).

I really hope we make the right choice with Lemos. There is a lot of options to be the loan-out, developing CB, but if we manage to land Umtiti, we should carefully asses who we should invest in, long term, and not just sign Lemos, because he is the least tricky to get and cheap.

We should ask ourself (I don't have all the answers):
Is he better than Meré, who is younger? Should we have closed the deal with Bailly instead (higher price, but more proven), together with Umtiti?
We could also go into betting mode, and maybe score the jackpot, if we somehow could get Andreas Christensen out of Chelsea's hands (and maintain his loan at Gladbach). That would certainly be worth a try, even though it looks hard (15-20M. would be a bargain for him, surely). Maybe we will get a chance next summer at the end of his loan if Chelsea is stupid enough to buy a starplayer instead of keeping him

The strategy with buying + loaning out a youngster is very wise, especially so a guy like Rodrigo Tarín from the B-team still can get a chance to be in the squad once in a while :)

xXKonan

This seems to be the transfer-window which determines our future defence, so it is crucial that we make the right choices. (The first good choice: "Forget Marquinhos" seems to be checked out right now).

I really hope we make the right choice with Lemos. There is a lot of options to be the loan-out, developing CB, but if we manage to land Umtiti, we should carefully asses who we should invest in, long term, and not just sign Lemos, because he is the least tricky to get and cheap.

We should ask ourself (I don't have all the answers):
Is he better than Meré, who is younger? Should we have closed the deal with Bailly instead (higher price, but more proven), together with Umtiti?
We could also go into betting mode, and maybe score the jackpot, if we somehow could get Andreas Christensen out of Chelsea's hands (and maintain his loan at Gladbach). That would certainly be worth a try, even though it looks hard (15-20M. would be a bargain for him, surely). Maybe we will get a chance next summer at the end of his loan if Chelsea is stupid enough to buy a starplayer instead of keeping him

The strategy with buying + loaning out a youngster is very wise, especially so a guy like Rodrigo Tarín from the B-team still can get a chance to be in the squad once in a while :)
I see what the Club is trying to do though.

in our situation it comes down to this.

Players like

1.Baily

2.Umtiti

3.Christensen

4.Laporte

5.Gimenez

6.Marquinhos

I see these players that could effectively slide in the third CB spot in the pecking order in our situation. It comes down to Cost,Availability and if they fit the profile we need. Players like Marquinhos,Gimenez,Laporte,Christensen I mark off the list due to problems of Costs and Availability.

So I comes down to Baily vs Umtiti. Baily is quick and can play all areas of the Defense and has been a regular in the Villarreal side since signed with them. Umtiti, Fast and great on the ball and can play as a LB and CB. The Club narrowed it down to Umtiti, due to the fact they think he fits the profile better than lets say Baily at this point in time.

I think overall it's not a great idea to buy Similar aged CBs at this point. Umtiti-Lemos is a smart move since you got the guy who's good enough to be third choice and a Starter in the next season or two. and the other is Raw but has loads of Potential and can be loaned off for a couple of seasons until he's ready to come back to the first team.

and we are going to submit a new bid for Lemos it looks like.

[tw]740360225241333761[/tw]

Home of Barca Fans