Mauricio Lemos

Icarium

Lifestealer
You are being too optimistic here. I doubt we will sign another Young CB if we sign this guy. We might be looking for more experienced CB kind of like Mathieu if we sign a young defender. Ideal case would be to sign Mustafi and settle for now. Mathieu Masch Mustafi Pique should be enough. We will even have Verminator if too many injuries happen. Mostly we will sell Bartra.

For next season Pique Masch Alba and Alves will be the our defense lineup again.

Messi983

I agree with that, but we need to start thinking about the future. Lemos would be a longterm signing and he'd go out on loan next season.

khaled_a_d

To be fair I don't think Caceres was really that bad signing. Sure, he didn't play well in his only season here but I have a feeling Pep also never really believed in him and ship him out soon to get Chygrynskiy, who he fall in love for whatever reason. I'd prefer for us to stay another season with Caceres than buy the Ukrainian.

IMHO Caceres was horrible and never looked like Barca material from the start .he was able to rebound decently and got a nice career in big club like Juve .but was never gonna be good enough for us .
Was clear since day 1 that he wasn't Barca good

J

Jamie Cal

To be fair I don't think Caceres was really that bad signing. Sure, he didn't play well in his only season here but I have a feeling Pep also never really believed in him and ship him out soon to get Chygrynskiy, who he fall in love for whatever reason. I'd prefer for us to stay another season with Caceres than buy the Ukrainian.

Based on the rumours I'd say that we are still looking for more experienced young CB like Mustafi or Marquinhos. We'll have to longterm replace 3 CBs (Masche, Mathieu, Verm/Bartra) over the next 2 or 3 seasons so buying two this summer I think would be a good plan. IF we'd have enough money I'd go even more "crazy" and try to get both Lemos and Mere alongside Mustafi/Bailly. Then we wouldn't have to worry much about our CBs for at least the next 4-5 years, based on Pique's decline. I think with his playing style he can still play on top level for around 5 years if he stays healthy.

I agree, but is that if we got 2 does that rule Tarin out of any first team chance?

God Serena

But that right footed CB will get lost.
With the false central right wingback on his right, and the false right footed Cb on his left he may feel lost and start to play more like a false central defensive back

Isn't that... Rakitic's role?

xXKonan

According to Canarias 7, Las Palmas seems pretty mad that we tried to convince him to sign for us over Las Palmas before they used their buy option. So for that they will veto any bid from us that is below the 30 million Buyout clause. :lol:

Seems like any deal we try to make is dead, and I guess it's time to move on to other targets.

xXKonan

Well according to MD we are going to meet with Lemos and his Entourage in the next couple of days despite Las Palmas being angry.

We will Launch a better bid.

hardyboy

Setien (coach Las Palmas): "Lemos linked to Barça? I want to keep some key players, but no one is irreplaceable. Players come and go." [rm]

khaled_a_d

If we have scouted him that much and really want him to join us just go ahead and throw the money. No point in dawdling, they need to work on other transfers too.

The need to make other deals doesn't mean we rush on a deal and pay extra million when we can negotiate specially when the transfer market officially opens in more than 50 days
Also it doesn't work that way.it is a calculated risk when we sign those players .we might simply think he is worth taking the risk for 7-8 millions for example but will think that 10M will be too much
Remember,he is a sign+loan type of prospect .we can't pay too much of those since the team need reinforcement next season .we are already rumored to sign Malaga B attacker Kuki Zalazar for 6M too .so again we need to negotiate those "future prospects deals" so they don't hinder our ability to sign players for the team now

Icarium

Lifestealer
The need to make other deals doesn't mean we rush on a deal and pay extra million when we can negotiate specially when the transfer market officially opens in more than 50 days
Also it doesn't work that way.it is a calculated risk when we sign those players .we might simply think he is worth taking the risk for 7-8 millions for example but will think that 10M will be too much
Remember,he is a sign+loan type of prospect .we can't pay too much of those since the team need reinforcement next season .we are already rumored to sign Malaga B attacker Kuki Zalazar for 6M too .so again we need to negotiate those "future prospects deals" so they don't hinder our ability to sign players for the team now

Agreed. But i don't trust Roberto to be that competent to work so many negotiations and still come with the necessary transfers.

Home of Barca Fans