Matthijs de Ligt

Zidane82

via Fabrizio Romano (i cant embed tweets without it destroying the page)

Matthijs de Ligt had a call with Juventus manager Maurizio Sarri. More details about the deal
get the pitchforks ready :lol:

Sarri ... can give Valverde a run for his money ..

Sarri moved the best holding midfielder in world football ( apart from Busqs) out of his best position and played him all season on the right wing !!

kattanib

This is why it is a good move for Serie A.
They used to be the best league when they were able to attract the best players in the world.
And now they are trying to bring the most hyped young CB, people have negative comments.
How can they go back to being a strong league if they should limit themselves to the good but not world class players ?

By focusing on the core and producing good Italian players and have them perform well in their National team. People liked Veiri, Del Piero, Totti, Toldo, Buffon, Nesta, Maldini ... etc.

Edit: Inzaghi, Canavaro, Pirol, Zambarotta ... they were loaded with Italian talent

Last edited:

Zidane82

Nothing has been decided yet ..
FDJ has said that he hopes his friend will join him here but that it’s HIS decision to make ..

I can dream !!

Givenchy

Nothing has been decided yet ..
FDJ has said that he hopes his friend will join him here but that it’s HIS decision to make ..

I can dream !!

i think the Pogba saga could have a huge effect on this transfer. Juve are apparently going to bid £120mil for him and hes handed in a transfer request + thinking of not turning up for Uniteds pre-season tour. maybe Juve had their head turned for a Pogba return thus lowballed Ajax on De Ligt the same way we had ours turned by a Neymar return

Zidane82

i think the Pogba saga could have a huge effect on this transfer. Juve are apparently going to bid £120mil for him and hes handed in a transfer request + thinking of not turning up for Uniteds pre-season tour. maybe Juve had their head turned for a Pogba return thus lowballed Ajax on De Ligt the same way we had ours turned by a Neymar return
Supposedly Juve have offered Dybala for Pogba ..

Porque

Raiola is going to use his influence to try and move de Ligt to whoever pays him the most agent fee and de Ligt the highest wage (duh). But he is also looking for a buyout clause that tempts his next transfer (and deal) in an ever inflating market. This much is obvious.

What I am wondering is two things.

1) If Raiola is moving Pogba to Juve, will Juventus pay him an agent fee for both de Ligt and Pogba separately, or would what Raiola makes from the overall deals be lesser than brokering each client to separate clubs.

2) If de Ligt moved to Barcelona, would Barcelona give deLight the mooted 150m BO clause or would we look to enforce something higher.

If no deal is concete yet, then both of these points could be interesting in what will ensue.

Personally I feel the deal is done with Juventus and the media are filling the void until the new legislation comes into affect in Italy. But worth thinking about none the less.

Newcomer

By focusing on the core and producing good Italian players and have them perform well in their National team. People liked Veiri, Del Piero, Totti, Toldo, Buffon, Nesta, Maldini ... etc.

Edit: Inzaghi, Canavaro, Pirol, Zambarotta ... they were loaded with Italian talent

And they also had the Zidane, Nedved, Deschamps, Thuram, Batistuta, Seedorf, Van Basten, etc.

Ajax

Seems like some highstakes poker going on. MdL, Pogba, Neymar, Coutinho, Umtiti, Dybala, rakitic..

Club that moves first will lose out on a 2nd target.. selling one player will get you the budget for your first pick.. but who is really your first pick?

Perhaps Barca is trolling Neymar.. maybe juve really wants Pogba..

:popcorn:

Marchisio8

Banned

They can afford both with no problem, besides De Ligt is only 80M range. And Juve have already sold bunch of nobodies for combined 105M.

And they are still yet to offloading players with huge salary in Khedira, Perin, Bonucci(?), Emre Can(?), Matuidi, Cuadrado and Mandzukic.

Zidane82

We are apparently back in the hunt for De Ligt !!

A few days ago Juve were 1:20 and we were 20:1 !!

Juve 1:3
Barca 4:1

Courtesy of Oddschecker

Home of Barca Fans