Matthijs de Ligt

El Barcelona

Someone wrote here or on reddit hat the tax laws in Italy change on 15.07 and Juve are waiting that date.
That sounds logic then but why did Juve signed that CB yesterday for 18mil and didn't wait? Not that I believe he will end here unless we go all in and give him en Riaola what they want.

EdmondDantes

agree with this. don't want any player connected to Raiola. we did fine without signing his clients before, i'm sure we'll survive not signing De Ligt

anyways, hes pretty much nailed on to join Juve. no idea what Barto is talking about.. if he knew where he was going since last year this would already be wrapped up

Likewise.

No player is worth the hassle of having to deal with that shyster.

Campos

His GF said the following on social media:
"So much to celebrate ❤️ I love you".

Her little brother said this:
I'm going to miss you so much

So ya, De Ligt already knows where he will play next season.

Is Barto a man of his word. Or is he just trolling ?

We will find out within the next few days.

Zidane82

His GF said the following on social media:
"So much to celebrate ❤️ I love you".

Her little brother said this:
I'm going to miss you so much

So ya, De Ligt already knows where he will play next season.

Is Barto a man of his word. Or is he just trolling ?

We will find out within the next few days.
I’d be so much more confident if we had a good or even a competent manager :(

Looks like Valverde is spoiling our future as well as the past and present

Whoever it was who employed Valverde deserves a hard , swift kick in the family jewels .

Last edited:

Messi983

That sounds logic then but why did Juve signed that CB yesterday for 18mil and didn't wait? Not that I believe he will end here unless we go all in and give him en Riaola what they want.

Because Merih Demiral was playing for Sassuolo since January and he would spend more than 183 days this calendar year in Italy anyway regardless of when Juve would sign him. And well, his wages are a lot lower than what De Ligt is supposed to earn.

Zidane82

Because Merih Demiral was playing for Sassuolo since January and he would spend more than 183 days this calendar year in Italy anyway regardless of when Juve would sign him. And well, his wages are a lot lower than what De Ligt is supposed to earn.

But aren’t Juve struggling to raise the cash to buy De Ligt ?
They were apparently expecting to get a lot from selling Higuiain but the deal fell through.. Juve offered Ajax an insultingly low amount for De Ligt and since then they’ve just lashed out £20 million on another CB

Messi983

They were apparently expecting to get a lot from selling Higuiain but the deal fell through.. Juve offered Ajax an insultingly low amount for De Ligt and since then they’ve just lashed out £20 million on another CB

I'm not an expert on Juve's financial situation but I don't think they have problems with cash flow. As I've said before I believe they are just stalling a deal with Ajax until 15th July so they will save some money on taxes.

I could be wrong but we'll see if/when he'll sign.

Now would Juve prefer to get MDL for let's say 60+10M instead of 70+10M? Absolutely. But I don't believe transfer fee will prevent them signing MDL if he has decided to go to Italy. Ajax will play hardball for some time but in the end I believe they will sell to whichever club he'll choose even if they'll get some millions less than they could from another club.

MDL/Raiola are prepared to play a waiting game as well. It's been around a month since he went on vacations and Raiola has gone around looking for offers. They've waited so far and they could for another 10 days or so if needed before they sign. Even if they have already decided where they'll go they can possibly still get a better offer from another club so they can't lose anything.

There are a lot of different rumours but I'm pretty sure two things are certain. Juve has a personal deal with MDL but they don't have a deal with Ajax. On the other hand I also believe Barça reached agreement with Ajax some time ago (I assume somewhere in De Jong's range and we are probably the only club who have a deal with Ajax so far) but we didn't agreed to Raiola's demands. I don't know where exactly PSG fits in but my estimation is that based on a transfer fee Barça is/was offering the most to Ajax, followed by PSG and Juve. When it comes to wages it's probably reversed. Juve is offering MDL the best deal followed by PSG and Barça.

El Barcelona

Oke that makes sense.

Just checked Transfermarkt.nl and they have +65mil budget so don't think that would be a problem.

Last edited:

Campos

Playing in the serie A isn't really appealing to me. Don't get me wrong. Juve is wordclass. But the serie A ain't what it used to be.
Stadiums are empty. The ambience isn't great. Juve has been champions for 8 times in a row now. So the challenge isn't really there.

My favorite Italian team (AC Milan) has been shit for years. :p

Even the Bundesliga is much more appealing to me.

Ajax and Barca share the same playing style. So ya 1+1 = 2... you should think. But still Juve is in pole position to sign him. Is it the money ? Who knows. We will never know the truth. But to me he doesn't fit in their playing style.

Last edited:

Givenchy

I’d be so much more confident if we had a good or even a competent manager :(

Looks like Valverde is spoiling our future as well as the past and present

Whoever it was who employed Valverde deserves a hard , swift kick in the family jewels .

via Fabrizio Romano (i cant embed tweets without it destroying the page)

Matthijs de Ligt had a call with Juventus manager Maurizio Sarri. More details about the deal

get the pitchforks ready :lol:

Newcomer

Playing in the serie A isn't really appealing to me. Don't get me wrong. Juve is wordclass. But the serie A ain't what it used to be.
Stadiums are empty. The ambience isn't great. Juve has been champions for 8 times in a row now. So the challenge isn't really there.

My favorite Italian team (AC Milan) has been shit for years. :p

Even the Bundesliga is much more appealing to me.

Ajax and Barca share the same playing style. So ya 1+1 = 2... you should think. But still Juve is in pole position to sign him. Is it the money ? Who knows. We will never know the truth. But to me he doesn't fit in their playing style.

This is why it is a good move for Serie A.
They used to be the best league when they were able to attract the best players in the world.
And now they are trying to bring the most hyped young CB, people have negative comments.
How can they go back to being a strong league if they should limit themselves to the good but not world class players ?

Home of Barca Fans