Matthijs de Ligt

Havesaks

If this is true we will have the best group of CB's in the whole game - by far. Is any team even close?
And arguably best starting Cb-duo as well, like Pique has been playing this season and maybe a great comebacK from Umtiti next season.

Givenchy

If this is true we will have the best group of CB's in the whole game - by far. Is any team even close?
And arguably best starting Cb-duo as well, like Pique has been playing this season and maybe a great comebacK from Umtiti next season.

best CB duo AND best midfield duo in Frenkie + Arthur.. we've took some fat fucking L's especially Coutinho in recent times but Barto has got his shit together. if we manage to get a promising striker that fits, we are good to go

Havesaks

But hasnt de ligt said something about wanting to play in PL some day. Worried that he wont stay here for his whole top-level time.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Let's do it. Start making those calls and submit the offer. 70m is very good and we have the money (since we got a 150m loan from the US earlier).

I am a little worried that Real Madrid might join the race, given that Zidane has an empty check from Perez to spend and spend.

FinBarcelonafan

I definitely think we should sell Coutinho now unless he does a big turnaround. Will help us finance this transfer + a striker. If we get a good enough offer for Rakitic I'd sell him too. I think de Jong will be ready to start from Day 1.

I'd consider selling Malcom too and signing a talented right-footed winger, a natural LW. We miss a player like that. I know Reus is getting old and is injury prone, but if he ever was willing to move from Dortmund to win some trophies and was available for cheap that would be an enticing opportunity.

I agree with this. Sell Coutinho and move on. He doesn't fit our "SYSTEM", whatever it is.. Reus could be another Vermaelen, damaged for good. Is this guy ever healthy?

Porque

Would be ecstatic with de Ligt indeed joins this summer. Maxi Gomes is nowhere near my favourite striker, but at 25m better to get a good plan B with upside and invest long term in the dutch boys.

To play devils advocate for a second, anyone concerned he could "burnout" earlier than other centre backs considering he has been playing first team football since 16?

He currently has the experience of a 23 year old CB like Lenglet (so Ernie can't just look at him in terms of age but experience), but sometimes these type of early prodigies can become injury prone (Kompany) or peak earlier than anticipated (Cesc).

xXKonan

Let's do it. Start making those calls and submit the offer. 70m is very good and we have the money (since we got a 150m loan from the US earlier).

I am a little worried that Real Madrid might join the race, given that Zidane has an empty check from Perez to spend and spend.
I think Real are targeting Éder Militão instead as he would be cheaper than De Ligt.

Even with the money Real has, I think they will splash it more towards attackers/midfielders more than anything.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think Real are targeting Éder Militão instead as he would be cheaper than De Ligt.

Even with the money Real has, I think they will splash it more towards attackers/midfielders more than anything.

I wonder why they still have not put pen to paper on Militao, what is taking them so long?

You never know, they might just want to fuck with us so we lose out on a signing that we wanted. I thought Rodrygo was a case of that?

xXKonan

I wonder why they still have not put pen to paper on Militao, what is taking them so long?

You never know, they might just want to fuck with us so we lose out on a signing that we wanted. I thought Rodrygo was a case of that?
I think they only will fuck with us if they think they have a chance at it. With Vinicius and Rodrygo It was open game, We were reluctant to pay what Flamengo and Santos truly wanted and it didn't help we had garbage relations with the latter because of the Neymar saga.

With De Ligt, it will be much harder for Real to come in and try to mess with us due to the De Jong deal. Assuming we actually make the effort and try to sign him.

FinBarcelonafan

Would be ecstatic with de Ligt indeed joins this summer. Maxi Gomes is nowhere near my favourite striker, but at 25m better to get a good plan B with upside and invest long term in the dutch boys.

To play devils advocate for a second, anyone concerned he could "burnout" earlier than other centre backs considering he has been playing first team football since 16?

He currently has the experience of a 23 year old CB like Lenglet (so Ernie can't just look at him in terms of age but experience), but sometimes these type of early prodigies can become injury prone (Kompany) or peak earlier than anticipated (Cesc).

Then we would get his prime years. I'm fine with that. Kompany is a great leader for City.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Pique rediscovered himself for few months and he is staying anyways. Lenglet already proved he's a keeper and Umtiti just got back. Todibo kid is here as well.

Think we should splash elsewhere and get de Ligt next season.

MTL_Barca

Pique rediscovered himself for few months and he is staying anyways. Lenglet already proved he's a keeper and Umtiti just got back. Todibo kid is here as well.

Think we should splash elsewhere and get de Ligt next season.

But there is probably no "next season" for De Ligt. He would just sign for another club. We can't believe the usual "he only wants to go to Barca" of the catalan press.

I'd rather have too many CBs for a while than miss out on De Ligt tbh.

Home of Barca Fans