Matthijs de Ligt

Joan

He has been mediocre at Juve, so no thanks. Mingueza and Araujo is the future, and I don't want neither MDL or Garcia to get in their way. Maybe as backups, but nothing more.

De Ligt is very young, only 21. Could improve seriously and should be clearer whether he's the real deal or not by next summer.

I don't think Mingueza will cut it, but then again, didn't think he'd be this solid for us.

Andresito

Staff member
de Ligt and Araujo would complete each other very well. Could be a great long term pairing.
But in a back 3 I don't think he'd add that much (80m worth) more than what we currently have + Garcia.

He's a year older than Pique was when he joined after learning from Rio/Vidic.
de Ligt has been 'learning' from declined Bonucci and Chiellini, he can still develop a lot.

What's his clause? 125m? 150m?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Some rumors he want to leave Juve and join Barca with both Koeman and Laporta being interested :coffee:

serghei

It's gonna be tough for him to leave Juve before his contract is nearly over. That's why it's good to make sure when you make the step to a big club, it's the right one for you.

JamDav1982

It's gonna be tough for him to leave Juve before his contract is nearly over. That's why it's good to make sure when you make the step to a big club, it's the right one for you.

The one card he has is that Juve are in shocking state as a squad and need a rebuild fast.

If take time to rebuild he will be coming to end of contract.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I would give them Araujo for MDL in without a doubt.

Harsh on him as been good but there are levels for what both have shown now.

I do agree with that, but if MDL pushes to leave and Raiola makes it hell on them I wouldn't give Juve a player like Araujo back here.

Hopefully they miss out on CL so they have to make some sacrifices.

Home of Barca Fans