Matthijs de Ligt

Marshall D Teach

That's because Man Utd thought Pogba was their messiah and there was that huge pressure on them to sign the Frenchman. Raiola took advantage of the situation.

Mendes has more players on his agency, of course and he is not that greedy. But most of his players, especially those who arrived at Barcelona were not the quality we needed.

Yeah, Mendes is really good at hyping up his players. Good for his client, not necessarily for the buying club.

Vilarrubi

Imagine him, Frenkie and Araujo in a 3 at the back.... :worthy:

I can see him moving too, a Raiola special. Probably knew all along he would just use Juve as a stepping stone. More big sign on fees in next move.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Imagine him, Frenkie and Araujo in a 3 at the back.... :worthy:

I can see him moving too, a Raiola special. Probably knew all along he would just use Juve as a stepping stone. More big sign on fees in next move.

Or Araujo - de Ligt - Mingueza :O

Guess our possible interest will depend on how Eric Garcia does, but I have to be honest I don't see *it* with him.

Tackle

Don't know how interested Juve will be in selling De Ligt though. In the current financial state of football, don't think any club will be putting in a bid substantially over the 80m Juve originally paid for him.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
That ship has sailed, player will not play for Barca anytime in the near future. At best, in the twilight of his career. He chose the paycheck and a hefty release clause, moving him into the difficult to move category

khaled_a_d

Don't know how interested Juve will be in selling De Ligt though. In the current financial state of football, don't think any club will be putting in a bid substantially over the 80m Juve originally paid for him.

The rumours/guess is 2022, there is a hope economic recovery will be there

DonAK

Hopefully they'll keep signing peasants and be worse next season so he doesn't want to stay there lol. Offer them Umtiti in return. Perfect type of finished player Juve loves.

Richard.H

He has been mediocre at Juve, so no thanks. Mingueza and Araujo is the future, and I don't want neither MDL or Garcia to get in their way. Maybe as backups, but nothing more.

DonAK

He has been mediocre at Juve, so no thanks. Mingueza and Araujo is the future, and I don't want neither MDL or Garcia to get in their way. Maybe as backups, but nothing more.

With all due respect to Mingueza, he's not Barca starting material unless it's in a back three where he has more support.

A lot of people are jumping on the hype train just like they did with Lenglet last couple of years.

FWIW I wouldn't want Barca to blow off 100m+ on MDL either, but if he's available for around the price Juve signed him for you have to seriously consider it. He's better than Mingueza and I don't think that's even debatable. I like Araujo, but need to see him prove himself vs. top competition and I'm not too hot on Eric Garcia. We'll prob need to sign a CB in 2022 too when Pique retires.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans