Matthijs de Ligt

Newcomer

They can though. They can spin the story and say EV and Co. travelled all the way to Amsterdam last minute and convinced him of the exciting sports project at Barca and because of them, de Ligt made his final decision and will join Barca. Sounds familiar? Exact same thing happened with De Jong.

Exactly.

And then we heard, funny story about Neymar crying to go back to Barcelona on Whatsapp and how it changed his decision. Or that PSG offered him and his girlfriend 3 buildings (things they have not even offered to Neymar or Mbappé according to Football Leaks).

Givenchy

This is why i said "same impact VVD had on the defensive side".
I know MU has a lack of quality in their starting XI but they are loaded and can buy 4 quality players to form their new ossature.
If they buy de Ligt, it is a declaration they mean business and are adamant to come back to the top. 3 more players of his stature and they are definitely back to top 4 in their league and will get CL football the year after.

About the wages, Barça is number one by far in the world. Can't complain about the wages you give players. And you'll take Griezmann on top of that.

have you seen the current market? 3 more players of De Ligts stature = 3 more players on 250k+ per week to persuade them. add to that De Gea wants more money, the Sanchez debacle and Rashford wanting more. i realize as a PSG fan you are used to endless money but the rest of Europe still have to actually account for money

Barca pay the most wages but alot of that is skewed by Messi. once hes gone we will likely have a wage cap + shitloads of funds hopefully. theres no certainty Griezmann will join btw so lets wait on that

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Exactly.

And then we heard, funny story about Neymar crying to go back to Barcelona on Whatsapp and how it changed his decision. Or that PSG offered him and his girlfriend 3 buildings (things they have not even offered to Neymar or Mbappé according to Football Leaks).

Come on. Come to your senses. What does Bartomeu gain from this? So his lieutenant, Jordi Cardoner has a better chance in 2021?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You really underestimate Catalan newspapers like MD trying to make Bartomeu look good. We'll see in a couple of weeks when de Ligt is signed and Bartomeu is painted as a hero.

What has Bartomeu gained from signing De Jong? As far as I know, Victor Font is getting more popular these days.

If Bartomeu wanted to get more popular, he would have fired Valverde. Don't know about MD, Sport had at least one opinion piece criticizing Bartomeu shielding Valverde recently.

Last edited:

abbbs97

What has Bartomeu gained from signing De Jong? As far as I know, Victor Font is getting more popular these days.

Bartomeu wants to gain more likability from the socis because he wants his successor Cardoner to be elected as president in 2021. The De Jong signing is viewed as a success by Bartomeu because he knows that De Jong is one of the most popular and well liked player out there, and that signing is also known as Barto winning over PSG.

Same thing will happen with de Ligt.

Don Andrésº8

Zzz any excuse for you to have a dig at Messi

mate im pissed off with him this should be the time for him to step up the game and think what is the best for THE CLUB AND THE TEAM AND NOT HIS FRIENDS, but still love him as player and he is the true GOAT of this sport. I think somewhere of the way he lost the desire he had in the youth to win titles cause he already won almost all the trophies

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bartomeu wants to gain more likability from the socis because he wants his successor Cardoner to be elected as president in 2021. The De Jong signing is viewed as a success by Bartomeu because he knows that De Jong is one of the most popular and well liked player out there, and that signing is also known as Barto winning over PSG.

Same thing will happen with de Ligt.

If everything is this cynical (signings were made to only make the club president and leader look good) then I suppose we are near the end of the club.

Campos

mzE7i1p.png

Stupid if true...

P.S. This guy is one of the mods on r/reddevils

Last edited:

xxxxxx

Have fun playing with a terrible team and under a terrible manager for years. He'll probably leave in like 2 years anyway.

Hopefully we match them in the next years Champs League..... oh wait, we can't because they're not in it.

Home of Barca Fans