Matthijs de Ligt

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
this reminds me of when we were all certain that De Jong would be going to PSG until Bartomeu went to Amsterdam and closed the deal.
I think this is the same thing, it'll just be done sometime after when Barca season ends. Its just Raiola driving up the fees and all.

One striking difference: De Jong is a Barca fan while De Ligt is not. All it took was Bartomeu going to Amsterdam talking to De Jong to get him to agree to join us. Bartomeu & Co (not just him, a bunch of other big wigs of the club) all went to Amsterdam to meet with De Ligt hoping to do the same trick and it didn't work this time. That meeting did not go well, according to both Sport and MD, that our optimism evaporated after the club leaders met with De Ligt. To me it looks like he was not sure and weighing different options.

Whatever his decision is, I hope he makes it soon and don't drag it until the end of August to tell everyone.

Falcao

If De Ligt wants to give up playing with Messi and his best friend De Jong and everything our club and the city of Barcelona offer for that listless club and the drab and gloomy city called Manchester simply because of money then there is nothing we can do.

We probably saved a lot of headache for future renewals though, my inner sour grape tells me.

De Jong isn’t his best friend. Is it because they are both Dutch? The sense of entitlement is quite funny, United are a mess but will continue to work and spend if needed to recover. The Premier League is best the world right now, De Ligt is a competitor and would thrive there.

Messigician

De Jong isn’t his best friend. Is it because they are both Dutch? The sense of entitlement is quite funny, United are a mess but will continue to work and spend if needed to recover. The Premier League is best the world right now, De Ligt is a competitor and would thrive there.

No one thrives at united

abbbs97

One striking difference: De Jong is a Barca fan while De Ligt is not. All it took was Bartomeu going to Amsterdam talking to De Jong to get him to agree to join us. Bartomeu & Co (not just him, a bunch of other big wigs of the club) all went to Amsterdam to meet with De Ligt hoping to do the same trick and it didn't work this time. That meeting did not go well, according to both Sport and MD, that our optimism evaporated after the club leaders met with De Ligt. To me it looks like he was not sure and weighing different options.

Whatever his decision is, I hope he makes it soon and don't drag it until the end of August to tell everyone.

Both Sport and MD articles on the meeting werent reported by reliable journalists. Jordi Mestre and Bartomeu also said that no transfer decisions will take place until after the Copa final. I still think us being not optimistic after meeting with de Ligt is just a ploy by the board's mouthpieces aka MD and Sport to make Barto look like the hero when de Ligt is eventually signed.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

So who is his best friend?

By your logic, why is De Ligt not joining Southamption? Why would anybody want to join Manchester United right now, unless (1) he is a die-hard Manchester United fan or (2) he gets paid a lot of money, much more than any other club offers?

Manchester United is a joke until they prove me a wrong.

Don Andrésº8

dont surprise me a bit if he dont come here with lolverde on the bench, the kid has eyes, de ligt showed a much more mature vision of the game than Messi for example

Newcomer

this reminds me of when we were all certain that De Jong would be going to PSG until Bartomeu went to Amsterdam and closed the deal.
I think this is the same thing, it'll just be done sometime after when Barca season ends. Its just Raiola driving up the fees and all.

Thinking exactly the same.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Both Sport and MD articles on the meeting werent reported by reliable journalists. Jordi Mestre and Bartomeu also said that no transfer decisions will take place until after the Copa final. I still think us being not optimistic after meeting with de Ligt is just a ploy by the board's mouthpieces aka MD and Sport to make Barto look like the hero when de Ligt is eventually signed.

That is just conspiracy theory having no real basis. Why would it make Bartomeu look good if the Catalan papers keep reporting bad news about De Ligt's potential signing? It is not like they will be able to paint Bartomeu as the savior again since he already met with De Ligt. Is Bartomeu going to the Netherlands again after the Copa del Rey final tomorrow? I haven't heard anything.

abbbs97

EV is a fucking horrible manager, but he wont be here forever. at most, he'll be here for one more season until he gets the fuck out and we get a new and better manager. United are in an even bigger mess than us. I think they wont even reach top 4 next year and wont win the Europa League even if de Ligt joins them. Its not like they have a better manager than us.

abbbs97

That is just conspiracy theory having no real basis. Why would it make Bartomeu look good if the Catalan papers keep reporting bad news about De Ligt's potential signing? It is not like they will be able to paint Bartomeu as the savior again since he already met with De Ligt.

They can though. They can spin the story and say EV and Co. travelled all the way to Amsterdam last minute and convinced him of the exciting sports project at Barca and because of them, de Ligt made his final decision and will join Barca. Sounds familiar? Exact same thing happened with De Jong.

Newcomer

dude, Liverpool have arguably the best front 3 in the world and some solid midfield players. VvD, while amazing, was the missing piece. remember Liverpool reached a CL final the year before with most of the same players minus Allison and VVD.

City and Bayern won't pay the wages. City have a stable wage structure the last time i checked

at United, from what i've read from their fans, they need a new GK, RB, CB, CDM, herrera replacement, 2 wingers and a striker. unless De Ligt moving there triggers world class players lining up to join them, a CB isn't going to make that much difference. again, not trying to shit on United but thats the situation

there were rumours from De Ligt that he was willing to fight for his place here + Pique gave him a call in the last few days, i think he'd start at the expense of Lenglet

if he wants the money then thats fair enough. we (Barca) played our hand and we gotta take the L here, we missed out on what looks like the best CB talent of this generation but you cant go around giving 19 year olds those kind of wages

This is why i said "same impact VVD had on the defensive side".
I know MU has a lack of quality in their starting XI but they are loaded and can buy 4 quality players to form their new ossature.
If they buy de Ligt, it is a declaration they mean business and are adamant to come back to the top. 3 more players of his stature and they are definitely back to top 4 in their league and will get CL football the year after.

About the wages, Barça is number one by far in the world. Can't complain about the wages you give players. And you'll take Griezmann on top of that.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
They can though. They can spin the story and say EV and Co. travelled all the way to Amsterdam last minute and convinced him of the exciting sports project at Barca and because of them, de Ligt made his final decision and will join Barca. Sounds familiar? Exact same thing happened with De Jong.

You are really too much into conspiracy theories, man.

M

Medz

Its literally known that they're best friends wtf are you talking about

Home of Barca Fans