Matthijs de Ligt

shockey80

Liverpool's success is similar to Atletico's in 2014-16. It's all too related to the manager. They will soon enter another period of decline when Klopp leaves. He is the complete artisan of their recent rise as a great team.

Barcelona is more stable as a club and superpower. We have proven we can be very successful even when managed by an average dude like Valverde. And this will maintain even without Messi, as everybody will see in 2-3 years.

Depends. Liverpool, in terms of ownership and finances, have never been in a position like this. If Klopp were to leave. Just like how they were able to attract Klopp when they were 8th? They probably would attract a coach of similar standing.

The game is changing to the extent that about 10-15 clubs have more money than they ever have done and the gap from them to the rest is widening. I think those 10-15 clubs are very close to be interchangeable. With six of those 10-15 being in one country,

Falcao

Now that Kompany is leaving City and Otamendi almost certainly going too, it wouldn’t surprise me if De Ligt went to City.

Ajax

Now that Kompany is leaving City and Otamendi almost certainly going too, it wouldn’t surprise me if De Ligt went to City.

Thought the same. I think most of you overvalue the friendship between Frenkie and MdL. As far as I know they just played together a few years. Things go well, sure they are friends but playing time and other professional reasons are more valuable than playing with a colleague he appreciates a lot

Zidane82

City may not be the main choice for players for a while given they’re under financial investigation and are likely to be banned from playing in the CL ..

gregorrin10

With the shit that we're in right now because of EV, backed by this Board, I wouldn't blame De Ligt at all if he's stalling and might choose to go somewhere else, at least for the next 2 years, then he might end up with us after we've cleaned up this filth of a Board and management. And Raiola would get his wish that way too, getting one big extra commission. People calling De Ligt a money whore or whatever are embarrassing. He told in front of 100.000 fans what the most important thing for him is, ATTACKING FOOTBALL, being proud of the team that he's a part of. And honestly, being a part of this club right now borderlines on embarrassment much more than being proud. Still think he'll end up with us nonetheless.

Last edited:

Zidane82

With the shit that we're in right now because of EV, backed by this Board, I wouldn't blame De Ligt at all if he's stalling and might choose to go somewhere else, at least for the next 2 years, then he might end up with us after we've cleaned up this filth of a Board and management. And Raiola would get his wish that way too, getting one big extra commission. People calling De Ligt a money whore or whatever are embarrassing. He told in front of 100.000 fans what the most important thing for him is, ATTACKING FOOTBALL, being proud of the team that he's a part of. And honestly, being a part of this club right now borderlines on embarrassment much more than being proud. Still think he'll end up with us nonetheless.

If the football is key for him why on earth would he come here though?
Hopefully he’s not been watching us today !!

Raketa10

If he goes to City or PSG he will never end up in Barcelona. Not to mention that Pep for sure won't be there for much longer. Now it's time for him to come here. Valverde is not Barca and he for sure he won't be here for many more years while De Ligt is signing for the next decade.

Last edited:

Andrew M

Come on, it's obvious the delay is about money. It's Raiola we are talking about. De Ligt doesn't give a shit about our board or who the president is, either. I doubt he could even name our president before we got in contact.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Come on, you actually think De Ligt is well versed in everything Barça as we are? He knows about all the shit about Valverde and the board like we do?

Wherever he goes in the end, of course money is a big factor. If we believe what MD and Sport reported, they BOTH reported that De Ligt agreed to the same terms we gave to De Jong but as bigger offers came in, he was not sure anymore. If he didn’t care about money he would have reined in Raiola a long time ago. He didn’t because he wants Raiola to get him the fattest paycheck.

Raki13

Shows once again that when it comes right down to it , money is all that matters for the modern day players , they dont give a damn who gives them the most cash.

Andrew M

Shows once again that when it comes right down to it , money is all that matters for the modern day players , they dont give a damn who gives them the most cash.

I don't think you should make generalizations. For some it's all that matters, but not for all.

Home of Barca Fans