Matthijs de Ligt

cro-man

I Said this guy will end in Liverpool and only cause they have a great coach and we have a farmer, Liverpool can pay what we give to him also, so klopp will be the factor. Our retarded board Will be to blame

Before letting him go to the team who has beaten us in cl barto will pay the money i think:lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Liverpool's success is similar to Atletico's in 2014-16. It's all too related to the manager. They will soon enter another period of decline when Klopp leaves. He is the complete artisan of their recent rise as a great team.

Barcelona is more stable as a club and superpower. We have proven we can be very successful even when managed by an average dude like Valverde. And this will maintain even without Messi, as everybody will see in 2-3 years.

I really doubt it. At this point I am not seeing a lot of hope.

Givenchy

the United links, while i don't believe they have that much validity, are interesting as Raiola seems to have them wrapped around his fat finger. moving De Ligt to United for 1-2 years and then moving him to a bigger club seems like something this greedy fucker would do and one could only imagine the agent fee he'd recieve.

Zidane82

Liverpool haven't won a domestic league title in 30 years. They are a historic top club, but have had a very long period of absence from the elite, with some brief exceptions in european cup competitions.

Playing in arguably the toughest league , reaching successive CL finals and playing dream football with a group that could be together for the next 8 years..

Donatello

Playing in arguably the toughest league , reaching successive CL finals and playing dream football with a group that could be together for the next 8 years..

You do know that their high action - high intensity football consumes a lot of energy. It definitely causes a lot of fatigue, you can't keep doing it continuously for 8 years with same players. Granted some of them might be able to, but its not for everyone.

It is going well for now, doesn't guarantee it can go on forever. Everything has a time limit.....

Also, if you think 4-5 years ahead Barca will have a completely new XI, none of the current legends will be here (bar maybe Messi), new leaders will be born, new legends will be made. If anything, its the right time to join Barca.

Winning PL is only going to get tougher, City is already up there, Spurs are closing in, Chelsea are unpredictable (you never know), Utd can do it, if they get their shit together(although not quite easy, I admit). Also its not easy to match 97 points in a season, so its not all rosy over there.

Last edited:

El Guaje

Liverpool's success is similar to Atletico's in 2014-16. It's all too related to the manager. They will soon enter another period of decline when Klopp leaves. He is the complete artisan of their recent rise as a great team.

Barcelona is more stable as a club and superpower. We have proven we can be very successful even when managed by an average dude like Valverde. And this will maintain even without Messi, as everybody will see in 2-3 years.

By looking at pure numbers - yes we can perform even with a shit coach like Valverde. However, if you actually look at how we play and how many times Messi have saved our asses, it doesnt look nearly as good. And also dont forget that both Madrid clubs have been shit, which have made our league titles way easier.

We are already in trouble when Messi is not on the field, and sometimes even with him when he is shit, so what makes you think we will be better off when he isnt with us any more? We aint ever replacing a guy that stands for like 50 goals + 20 assists per season.

mia7007

Man United!!!
They are rubbish
They can only get players thrown by their teams like Bale, but to get a top player whom teams are competing is impossible.
De Light is an ambitious player and he will not join ManU whatever they pay

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Exactly, there is nothing special about this club, Valverde was able to win the league back to back only because of Messi. Secondary reason being Real Madrid sucked so much.

ebc_99

Nobody would choose Liverpool over Barca, from the lifestyle to the stadium everything about Barca is much more attractive. The only thing they have over Barca is Klopp, and when he leaves, Liverpool will drop like a stone.

I remember the same worries before De Jong signed, the media have to write something but its probably a done deal

Barcilliant

the United links, while i don't believe they have that much validity, are interesting as Raiola seems to have them wrapped around his fat finger. moving De Ligt to United for 1-2 years and then moving him to a bigger club seems like something this greedy fucker would do and one could only imagine the agent fee he'd recieve.

Bingo! That's exactly what Raiola is thinking. De Ligt will shine for a couple of years and then probably demand a movie, especially if Utd continues to be shit.

Arizona Scott

Nobody would choose Liverpool over Barca, from the lifestyle to the stadium everything about Barca is much more attractive. The only thing they have over Barca is Klopp, and when he leaves, Liverpool will drop like a stone.

I remember the same worries before De Jong signed, the media have to write something but its probably a done deal

They do have much more supportive fans. Barca fans are not quite Real and United level fickle--eat your own, but their are strains of it. But really unless it is an English player with early Liverpool exposure--hard to think players will choose them over Barca, or Real--generally the 2 most appealing (and stable/wealthy) clubs in the world.

Man United!!!
They are rubbish
They can only get players thrown by their teams like Bale, but to get a top player whom teams are competing is impossible.
De Light is an ambitious player and he will not join ManU whatever they pay

I agree. If he choose United over the others it is 100% over money, he would turn down better teams, one with his Ajax buddy and another with his Netherlands CB partner. If he were to choose that I don't think I would want him anyway.

What will happen should happen, I think he will choose Barca, but if he doesn't I don't think it is our fault nor will I think it is so defining to our future. As good as he is and can be, in the end he just a CB and not the creative game changer we get/don't get.

Last edited:

michelco

Loved his title speach in front of 100,000 ajax fans. Fcuk when I was 19 I was scared to do presentations in front of like 20 people at uni..

Home of Barca Fans