Mats Hummels

Robbie

Milan (especially if they sell T.Silva) will want the best emerging centre back in the world.

Berlusconi and Galliani's evil master-plan is revealed

silvio-berlusconi-galliani-mancini-milan.jpg

Sell Thiago Silva to PSG for €50 million, buy Hummels for €30 million

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Yes because players with exceptional and world class talent only want to play for Barcelona.....

Get real. IF Dortmund sell him it will be to the highest bidder.
Thats not how it works as players are no slaves, but decide for themselves where to play. A lot ofc depends on the proposed salary, but Hummels already showed with his contract extension that money doesnt mean the most to him, b/c he could have surely earn more somewhere else already. If a player doesnt want to transfer to a specific club for whatever reasons, his clubs simply cant sell him there. It just doesnt work.

That ofc doesnt rule RM out completely. I would just deem it rather unlikely for him to join RM when Barca offers him a contract too, from all i read and heard about and from him.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
He is a professional football with no emotional attachment to Barca. I am sure if for example Real bid and offered an acceptable salary he'd more than be willing to join Real.

That is the point I am trying to convey here.

Marc

Dortmund will not sell him (he signed new contract just recently and said that he wants to stay there) but, IF some miracle happen and they decide to sell Mats, Bayern will be first in line. He is from their academy, he is German, they need good players on his position and they have more than enough money to pay him.

Doobs

The Messiah
The thing with German players is that they prefer to stay in Germany.

Getting a German CB in a Catalan club will be hard, but not impossible.

Of course we'd have to pay a lot for that to happen, it also helps that he admires Barca.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Dortmund will not sell him (he signed new contract just recently and said that he wants to stay there) but, IF some miracle happen and they decide to sell Mats, Bayern will be first in line. He is from their academy, he is German, they need good players on his position and they have more than enough money to pay him.

I doubt Dortmund will sell him to another German club.

kaddel11

After Hummels signed the contract, he told that he had a really compelling offer from another club. This is the reason why I think that money isn't the most important thing for him. I can't say it for sure, but an attractiv offer means safely, that he would get a lot of money. Cause his prospect with Dortmund is looking very well, they are two times Bundesliga-winner, win the Dfb-Pokal and can be a great team in CL, too. They are very young, can play for years together, understand each other very well. His girlfriend and his friends live in Dortmund (or in another citys from Germany) and his parents also live there (In Munich, but I'm so sure he would not go to Bayern)

What different reason than money should be compelling and attractiv for him? Except to get the felling of a new Country, Cultur or city?

If he want to go and Barca would make an offer, I think he would go to Barca. :)

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
He is a professional football with no emotional attachment to Barca. I am sure if for example Real bid and offered an acceptable salary he'd more than be willing to join Real.

Sorry, but thats not true. He said in a tv live interview how he admires Barca, how he watches a lot of Barca matches and how he (and others at Dortmund) copies tactical details from Barca and transfers them to Dortmund. So there is enough evidence to falsify your statement as he actually has some sort of emotional attachment to Barca. Even though its ofc not comparable to Cescs.

Very unlikely, not only b/c it would be kinda 'traitorous' to move from Dortmund to Bayern but even more b/c Bayern just fired his father (former Bayern youth coach) and there was even some bad blood involved (him fighting for a compensation). Would make a Bayern transfer very unlikely too ...

The thing with German players is that they prefer to stay in Germany.

Getting a German CB in a Catalan club will be hard, but not impossible.

Of course we'd have to pay a lot for that to happen, it also helps that he admires Barca.
You cant state that either ... see Özil/Khedira at RM, Poldi and Mertesacker at Arsenal. A lot of gemran players stay b/c some clubs (mostly Bayern and Dortmund) can currently offer good payment and chances to play a good role in the european cups. But they dont rule it out in general.

Im with kadell11 here too ... Hummels contract extension shows that he wants to stay with Dortmund for now - and i doubt it was a financial decision. HE just sees good perspectives there and the chance to play an important part. Id say he is a very likely successor of Kehl as Dortmunds next captain for example ... And that is sth different to just being some random dude from germany that he would be at Barca or elsewhere.

But if he decides to move, there is a lot in favor for Barca.

B

barcelonista

Half of the Dortmund squad are huge Barcelona admirers, including Klopp. That's really no secret. I remember Götze visiting our CL game against Leverkusen in his spare time while being injured. So I think it's safe to say some of their players DO have an emotional attachment to Barcelona, in a sense that it's THE dream club for them. Especially in Germany Barcelona is heavily admired. A lot of that is also down to Xavi's and Iniesta's showings in 2008 and 2010 (against Germany as well) on the international stage. Some examples? Löw voted Xavi, Messi and Iniesta as his top 3 for the Ballon d'Or last year when Ronaldo broke the La Liga goalscoring record and finished second overall in the Ballon d'Or rankings. Klopp said this about Barcelona and Real Madrid: "There are a lot of players in the Bundesliga good enough for Real Madrid. Not for Barcelona but for Real Madrid? Of course."

Real can't go for him anyway by the way. Ramos is undroppable and only 26 and so is Pepe. They are also grooming Varane. The Italian league is extremely unattractive for German players while Manchester United have Phil "Baresi" Jones. Hummels also holds a grudge against Bayern. He will not join them. People seem to have not seen his celebrations when he scored against them or the way he got involved in a scuffle against Schweinsteiger in their last meeting. So why don't you just keep your bitterness for yourself? If Barcelona want him, Barcelona will get him. U mad?

Doobs

The Messiah
Look at players like Schweinsteiger and Klose or even Mertersacker, they all gave their best years to the Bundesliga.

Of course there are exceptions like Ozil and Khedira, but notice how they aren't of German decent..

Thats the point I was trying to make..

Doobs

The Messiah
One more thing, I believe we'll have to maintain our winning ways and beautiful football to attract talent like Hummels.

I just get the feeling that Thiago Silva was hesitant to choose Barca because Pep left, my two cents.

Last edited:

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Half of the Dortmund squad are huge Barcelona admirers, including Klopp. That's really no secret. I remember Götze visiting our CL game against Leverkusen in his spare time while being injured. So I think it's safe to say some of their players DO have an emotional attachment to Barcelona, in a sense that it's THE dream club for them. Especially in Germany Barcelona is heavily admired. A lot of that is also down to Xavi's and Iniesta's showings in 2008 and 2010 (against Germany as well) on the international stage. Some examples? Löw voted Xavi, Messi and Iniesta as his top 3 for the Ballon d'Or last year when Ronaldo broke the La Liga goalscoring record and finished second overall in the Ballon d'Or rankings. Klopp said this about Barcelona and Real Madrid: "There are a lot of players in the Bundesliga good enough for Real Madrid. Not for Barcelona but for Real Madrid? Of course."

Real can't go for him anyway by the way. Ramos is undroppable and only 26 and so is Pepe. They are also grooming Varane. The Italian league is extremely unattractive for German players while Manchester United have Phil "Baresi" Jones. Hummels also holds a grudge against Bayern. He will not join them. People seem to have not seen his celebrations when he scored against them or the way he got involved in a scuffle against Schweinsteiger in their last meeting. So why don't you just keep your bitterness for yourself? If Barcelona want him, Barcelona will get him. U mad?
then it is safe to say he is ours already :D

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
One more thing, I believe we'll have to maintain our winning ways and beautiful football to attract talent like Hummels.

I just get the feeling that Thiago Silva was hesitant to chose Barca because Pep left, my two cents.
Thiago Silva will not chose us cause we don't have money from the middle east

B

barcelonista

Look at players like Schweinsteiger and Klose or even Mertersacker, they all gave their best years to the Bundesliga.

Of course there are exceptions like Ozil and Khedira, but notice how they aren't of German decent..

Thats the point I was trying to make..

That's only because German players weren't good enough for the big leagues a couple of years ago. I mean, come on, Ballack was THE biggest German star. Where would Klose have played a couple of years ago? For Barcelona with Eto'o upfront? For Real Madrid with Raul and Ronaldo? Manchester United with Ruud? Meh.

Home of Barca Fans