Mats Hummels

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
We want Neymar for 60m and don't bother about defenders cause we only attack,RM will be interested in the near future and they will tap him up before we start to realize there was a player at Dortmund who could have done a really good job for us :(

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Txiki and Zubi had the easiest job in the club. Do nothing from September to June and when summer comes find it really hard to lure players into joining Messi and best club on the planet. Imagine how it is for the smaller clubs and with a fraction of our budget. Just look how the Italians (Inter and Milan) took them for a ride with Ibra twice.

Hummels is not some unknown talented player either. 2 times German champion and a starter for arguably the strongest international team in the world. We could have had him for 20 mil. tops with his contract running out and his declared love for Barca but it was obviously not meant to be. If it was the case of not being in managers plans, then so be it but I find it difficult to understand Barca being linked with some odd defenders from odd leagues while not a single rumor about Hummels.

Bergkamp10

Have there been any solid links of Hummels to Barcelona? He'd be an incredible signing. So much talent and only 23. If you guys got him and Alba, your defence would be sorted for the next few years.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
The defense isn't bad the way it is right now but missing out on such a talent is a mistake,what frustrates me is that we are linked with Luiz he would be a disaster and for similar amount of money.

Bergkamp10

He just signed a new contract with Dortmund few weeks ago. That's why we're moaning :)

Ah I see. Well, if Barcelona came calling there's no way he'd turn you down. Trouble is he'd be massively expensive and Dortmund would be reluctant to sell him especially after Kagawa leaving. Maybe next summer.

I'm surprised Barca haven't gone for Vertonghen.

Robbie

FewK0.jpg

:worthy:

Theconomist

I don't care if we don't sign Hummels this summer, it most likely won't happen but if we don't sign a CB that CAN START then I'll be really pissed.

We have Mascherano,Pique and Puyol that's it. It's a really scary defence to be competing on 3 fronts with.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Txiki and Zubi had the easiest job in the club. Do nothing from September to June and when summer comes find it really hard to lure players into joining Messi and best club on the planet. Imagine how it is for the smaller clubs and with a fraction of our budget. Just look how the Italians (Inter and Milan) took them for a ride with Ibra twice.

Hummels is not some unknown talented player either. 2 times German champion and a starter for arguably the strongest international team in the world. We could have had him for 20 mil. tops with his contract running out and his declared love for Barca but it was obviously not meant to be. If it was the case of not being in managers plans, then so be it but I find it difficult to understand Barca being linked with some odd defenders from odd leagues while not a single rumor about Hummels.
I, for one, don't think we can afford to have both Pique and Hummels... I'd understand the hierarchy if they thought so

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I heard of similar exclusive buyout clauses, so its possible. And what i know of Hummels, i either see him stay in Dortmund for his whole career (if Dortmund establishes themselves as european top club with chance to win CLs) or move to Barca. Anything else seems out of the equation.

Yes because players with exceptional and world class talent only want to play for Barcelona.....

Get real. IF Dortmund sell him it will be to the highest bidder.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Yes because players with exceptional and world class talent only want to play for Barcelona.....

Get real. IF Dortmund sell him it will be to the highest bidder.
:lol:

Did Arsenal sell Cesc only to the highest bidder? Udinese sell Alexis only to the highest bidder?
Or, this might hurt, did Aston Villa sell Ashley Yound only to the highest bidder?

Hummels repeated lotsa times he loves Barcelona. That he would leave Dortmund only for Barcelona

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
:lol:

Did Arsenal sell Cesc only to the highest bidder? Udinese sell Alexis only to the highest bidder?
Or, this might hurt, did Aston Villa sell Ashley Yound only to the highest bidder?

Hummels repeated lotsa times he loves Barcelona. That he would leave Dortmund only for Barcelona

Udinese did sell Alexis to the highest bidder.

Like Valencia sold Villa and Silva to the highest bidder.

Like Milan sold Kaka to the highest bidder.

Hummels has no emotional connection to Barca like Cesc did, so please live in the real world.

Real, City, Man U, Chelsea, Juve, Milan (especially if they sell T.Silva) and even PSG now will want the best emerging centre back in the world.

Home of Barca Fans