Mats Hummels

M

mitkoa7x

Luis has been pretty mediocre since he came to Chelsea, the only thing that stands out is the goal against United last year. I think he is not a CB and shouldnt be compared with Hummels... altho he would win in a hair contest.

X

xaviniesta

david luiz has been really horrible every time i've seen him. i don't think there are any more inconsistent defender in the world atm.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Hummels had a MOTM peformance against Bayern and manny other teams..What did Luiz did at Chelsea?

David Luiz was the same at Benfica, everyone was raving about him, even more then they are about Hummels now. i was the only one who saw the light though, just like now. Hummels is not that good.

B

barcelonista

i don't think there are any more inconsistent defender in the world atm.

Pique.jpg

B

barcelonista

what is that suppose to mean????

That Pique is inconsistent for 1 1/2 seasons now. And he'd be shown up big time if he wasn't playing a) alongside Puyol, b) for a team that is sharing 75 % possession on average and c) pressing as aggressively as no other team in the world. In fact, if Pique was playing for Chelsea tomorrow, he'd look exactly like Luiz. Good on the ball and going forward, all over the place defensively. Pique is lucky 95 % of the teams we're playing against barely get the ball into our half. And if they do once or twice, it's usualy Puyol or Mascherano or Valdes rescuing us. When was the last time Pique did anything "wow"-worthy?

Last edited:

Darko

really?Hummels is a sweeper and so Marquez esque while Pique is more of an all around defender,being good on the ball doesnt make you similar to another defender who is good on the ball and to think that Marquez-Pique was one of the best partnerships this club have ever had in the last decade makes the idea of Pique-Hummels sexy as fuck
I really hope we go gor him our attack and midfield are complete and I would rather see Hummels or even Thiago Silva ahead of a LB(alba) tbh

I didnt say that being good on the ball makes you similar to another defender(well actually it does),but they both anticipate the game well,they dont have Puyols agressivness,and I just think that Hummels is too slow to partner Pique,Puyol at the age of 33 is faster than Hummels and with 2 slow defenders and our high line we would be demolished by counter-attacks...
No matter how good your positioning sense and anticipation is,when a good trough ball is played behind a high line and you are slow,its game over

D

danumber10

Marca is saying Barca are in for Thiago Silva.... I prefer Hummels. 30 millions for Silva? screw that. I'd rather we get this guy for 10 millions 15 most.

Rahj

Marca is saying Barca are in for Thiago Silva.... I prefer Hummels. 30 millions for Silva? screw that. I'd rather we get this guy for 10 millions 15 most.
absolutely true. german players are usually cheap as hell and totally worth their money. :)
i mean, özil cost 15 mio. € and even back then this was completely ridiculous.

B

barcelonista

€ 10 - 15 million? Dream on. Dortmund is building a team currently, they invested big (for their standards) for Reus. They won't sell any of their star players for peanuts all too soon. Why would they invest € 17 million for Reus and then sell Hummels for € 10 - 15 million all of a sudden? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too bad Sahin decided to destroy his career at Real Madrid. Dortmund would be a hell of a team next season with Sahin, Götze, Kagawa, Hummels and Reus.

Robbie

Dortmund will get picked apart by vultures this summer. They're trying to build a team, yes, but when the big fat offers come from massive clubs, the unsettling starts. There's no way Hummels would refuse Barca, Madrid, Milan, etc. Same goes for Goetze.

Home of Barca Fans