Martin Odegaard

slicknick

In his defence, he was always harder-working and more disciplined than Halilovic. He just had the mifortune of picking Real over a team that would play him regularly.
He can still have a somewhat decent career, just not at top tier, perhaps

xXKonan

I feel Real's handling of him wasn't really the problem, he was too young to play for the first team when he arrived so he played in Casilla where he featured 60+ times.

Then he was loaned out to Heerenveen which again wasn't a bad option since he did get the game time. But I think there's a decent chance he just may not be as talented as he was hyped up to be. He's 19 years old so he has a lot of time to prove that he was worth the hassle Real signed him for.

Halilovic on the other hand was very talented but dumb we managed to get him a loan to Sporting Gijon which he featured quite a bit. Then when it came time to give him another team to develop, his entourage thought he was too good for a number of teams and one of them was Valencia which his entourage and him had some outrageous demands and it killed a move there.

The other option was Hamburg a team that was always on the fringes of Relegation and we sold him with a buyback clause. Perhaps one the dumbest moves Alen made was going there, he rarely featured and would later be binned to Las Palmas which would later be relegated.

Alen's career while he's still young is a waste, his entourage and him simply weren't smart enough in finding him a good enough team to develop.

BBZ8800

I still think that a foreign kid at Barca and Real needs to be:
1. Mentally ready to play here
2. Have world class skills
3. But he usually needs to play 100-150 senior matches in some smaller team and be the best player there, BEFORE coming to Barca.
If you are not the best player there, you aren't good enough.
If you didn't play 100-150 matches for a smaller team, you will miss some steps in your development.

Almost none foreign kid who came here as a 18-19 years old didn't make it.
The pressure is too huge.
Those players are still kids.
And Real/Barcelona don't have that much time to slowly develop players.

Coming straight to Real/Barca and skipping some steps both in a personal and footballing development rarely ends well.

This is why I think that Vinicius and Rodrygo will fail.
Too many things are against them.

As always, let see how their story will develop.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
People are writing off a player who is 19 years old. He can still easily become a great player. In football, even 6 months is plenty of time to suddenly improve (or deteriorate).

Morten

Pulling in performances on a consistent basis this season, having some great games.
Next season he needs to be loaned out to a la liga club, it simply must happen, so we can see how he cope, because Netherland isnt that high quality.

Highlights from his last game : https://mobile.twitter.com/KaizerT8/status/1099975220549566464

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I've been critical of him in the past and his choice of club, but Ajax want him now and are ready to pay up to 20m euros and you can see why. He's been dominant in the Eredivisie lately. Growing a lot physically and being more brave in his decision making.

The talent is obvious for anyone that's ever followed this guy and he should bite at the chance to play for them if possible. He's still only 20 years old. The worst decision he can make is renew his contract with Real Madrid and go out on a million loans or warm the bench for them again.

A couple of great seasons at Ajax and he can go to any great club again if he want to.

Talent-wise he's definitely up there with someone like Eriksen or James Rodriguez IMO.

slicknick

I've been critical of him in the past and his choice of club, but Ajax want him now and are ready to pay up to 20m euros and you can see why. He's been dominant in the Eredivisie lately. Growing a lot physically and being more brave in his decision making.

The talent is obvious for anyone that's ever followed this guy and he should bite at the chance to play for them if possible. He's still only 20 years old. The worst decision he can make is renew his contract with Real Madrid and go out on a million loans or warm the bench for them again.

A couple of great seasons at Ajax and he can go to any great club again if he want to.

Talent-wise he's definitely up there with someone like Eriksen or James Rodriguez IMO.

+1. Really glad he is finally hitting his stride. Joining Ajax would surely be the smartest move for his career at this moment

Ajax

I doubt Ajax is willing to pay 20m for him but I do believe he is one of the main targets. We will, as usual, lose half the team but have plenty of cash to buy talented players and he ticks a lot of boxes: young, technically gifted, mentally steady, experienced for his age and he could replace Ziyech/ De Jong even though he is a different kind of player (cant really buy a new De Jong or Ziyech) Everybody knows we are loaded so no bargains. We laugh our ass off when we get 86m for De Jong but obviously our targets go up in price as well

His move to RM was very understandable by the way. He got 2m a year for a few years. He was a 16 Norwegian with a FdJ kind of hype around him. Time to cash in. He was offered 100k at Ajax lol.

He is still only 20. If he makes it at ajax he can still make it to a top 20 club in europe

Sorin

If he signs for Ajax, I hope he fulfills his potential. If he choses to stay at Real, hope that's curtains for his career. Call me petty, I don't care.

Ajax

If he signs for Ajax, I hope he fulfills his potential. If he choses to stay at Real, hope that's curtains for his career. Call me petty, I don't care.

I agree, ajax or any other similar team. Even though i cant think any club that can afford him, offer a starting spot and plays european football

He could even threaten to wait till he is a free agent

Home of Barca Fans