Martin Odegaard

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No papers here reported anything about him possibly leaving. Looks like it was just tabloid BS in England.

slicknick

For me, his performance last night mattered more than his Senior Natl Team display against the UAE, or any other game he had in Tippeligaen, as this was the first the first time he was up against any serious opposition (Portugal U21)

Watched parts of the game live, and I can alreayd tell you guys that I see what the hype is all about.Granted, Norway lost 2-1, but his movement, vision, technique, passing, agility and motivation throughout the entire match was SUBLIME. Made a mockery of Portuguese players several years older than him on more than a few occasions, and got involved in every serious chance of Norway U21.Best player on the pitch if you ask me(incl. the Portuguese players, ofc)

It is being reported that 35 different clubs had sent scouts to the Marienlyst Stadion last night to watch him.

You can see the brief highlights of his performance against Portugal U21 in the link below
(He was also involved in Norway's goal, wonder why they didn't include that part in the vid ;) )

http://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/landslaget/hyller-oedegaard-etter-nytt-show/a/23289084/

slicknick

From last night's game against Portugal
2292338.jpg

Kohe321

For me, his performance last night mattered more than his Senior Natl Team display against the UAE, or any other game he had in Tippeligaen, as this was the first the first time he was up against any serious opposition (Portugal U21)

Watched parts of the game live, and I can alreayd tell you guys that I see what the hype is all about.Granted, Norway lost 2-1, but his movement, vision, technique, passing, agility and motivation throughout the entire match was SUBLIME. Made a mockery of Portuguese players several years older than him on more than a few occasions, and got involved in every serious chance of Norway U21.Best player on the pitch if you ask me(incl. the Portuguese players, ofc)

It is being reported that 35 different clubs had sent scouts to the Marienlyst Stadion last night to watch him.

You can see the brief highlights of his performance against Portugal U21 in the link below
(He was also involved in Norway's goal, wonder why they didn't include that part in the vid ;) )

http://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/landslaget/hyller-oedegaard-etter-nytt-show/a/23289084/

Yeah people need to watch that highlight video, here's a direct link to the video as well: http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/100702/se-fantastiske-oedegaard-mot-portugisiske-stjerner

Martin is on a very, very special level, what an immense talent. 15 years old and already has this brilliant sense of timing, awareness and a sublime touch and pass. Something tells me he won't be in Stromsgodset next season, he's already way to good for the Norwegian league. It would be really cool if he came to La Masia and played at Barcelona! :D

MessiDinho10

Barça should try to sign him. Fits our style like a glove as it seems. I would love to see a Norwegian in our academy, they've got some great talents coming up with Odegaard and Daehli.

M

Messi4life

Pretty much every time he touched the ball, some sort of a chance was created. If Norway had better strikers they could have scored way more thanks to Ødegaar

slicknick

Pretty much every time he touched the ball, some sort of a chance was created. If Norway had better strikers they could have scored way more thanks to Ødegaar

THIS, THIS, THIS!!!!Really hope he goes to Holland, Portugal or another league where he could develop himself even further...

Out of curiosity, how do you all think he compares to Hachim Mastour?
(Just wanted to get your opinion on this guys, as I honestly think Mastour is just a glorified, and overrated,showboater; but I might just be negatively biased towards him)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Still for the best for his development I think...Yes, it's not like Norway has a brilliant team but it's best to minimize the spotlight on him, to avoid any potential burn-out ;)

EDIT: It's reported that this decision was taken due to injury????
http://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/land...italia-kampen/a/23289676/?utm_term=VG+Sporten

Strange. There were no reports of him being injured before Høgmo's press conference half an hour ago. I don't think he would have been called up anyway though. He was in contention because of Dæhli's injury, but since Mats is back to full training tomorrow, they don't need to replace him.

slicknick

Strange. There were no reports of him being injured before Høgmo's press conference half an hour ago. I don't think he would have been called up anyway though. He was in contention because of Dæhli's injury, but since Mats is back to full training tomorrow, they don't need to replace him.

Woke up with an stiff groin after the Portugal game it seems,but it's nothing too serious,he will be rested for some days

http://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/land...ns-skade-dette-var-en-stor-nedtur/a/23290224/

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans