Martin Montoya

Koma

I see him in the first team next season. Barca needs someone to cover fullbacks and he looks good enough to make a next step from Barca B. He is 20 already and looking good.

Gibbons

Thanks Plip. I was hoping he'd be able to maybe play in one of our remaining Liga games, but it doesn't sound like it.

Gibbons

Now barcastuff is saying that Montoya has a renewal offer from Barca and an offer from Valencia, and that he's going to decide which one to take after Euro U21.

Nani17

All depends on where Coke ends up. If he goes to Atletico than Valencia will move in for Montoya.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I've kinda waffled on Montoya in the past but he really won me over in his brief appearance with the first team and this recent U-21 in Denmark...MD is reporting that he will be signing a renewal, so if true, I'm pleased...I like the player

Yugi

yes he was amazing at the tourney, not that attack minded as Alves is but that was because u-21s cant reach the potential of barca

anyway I was thinking, brazilian full-back are monsters (cafu, r.carlos, alves, adriano, santos, marcelo [well he is shit as defender]) so why not bring 2 players to la masia at the age of 13 from brazil and play them in the LB and RB positions? we could grow up some very good full backs

impeh

Hi, its me..
i thought his crossing looked pretty good throughout, its just, we will never really use that..

but still, would make decent backup :)

Barcafan 2304

I've kinda waffled on Montoya in the past but he really won me over in his brief appearance with the first team and this recent U-21 in Denmark...MD is reporting that he will be signing a renewal, so if true, I'm pleased...I like the player

Thank Gawd for that. Hope Thiago is next lol

KhaledBarca

We already found the backup/replacement for Alves :) I knew he can make it.. the momment i saw him playing for Spain U-19 last summer !

He has it.. his great runs, very gd crosses (better than alves :p) laso gd defender etc.. he just need experience & he will gain it with time..
in these coming years with first team as backup for alves he will gain alot of experience.. hope he gets promoted THIS YEAR, he deserves it, plus we need a backup for alves that can give alves some rest in minor matches/ copa next season.. Until Montoya get enough experience to play as a starter 3 years from now when alves leaves maybe! (2014/2015?)

=================================

So for now, we have Thiago (Xavi:p), Montoya (Alves:p), Puyol (??, maybe Muniesa:p hope he gets back in time to play WC U-20 with Spain, maybe S.Gomez although he is an RCB) etc..

Deulofeu( Cruyff :p?), Dongou (Eto'o :p), GrimaldoOoOOOo ( LeftBack Alves :p Gio or Sergi maybe:p)
Espinosa ( our Kaka/Iniesta), Rafinha ( something new:p), Romeu (Busq's backup ), Sergi Roberto ( Kieta's replacement?)
etc.. :)

Montoya - S.Gomez - Muniesa - GRIMALDoOoOoOo:D

Sergi Roberto - Romeu - Espinosa

Rafinha

Dongou - Deulofeu

I didn't forget Thiago :D but he is already a First Team Player :D

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
yes he was amazing at the tourney, not that attack minded as Alves is but that was because u-21s cant reach the potential of barca

anyway I was thinking, brazilian full-back are monsters (cafu, r.carlos, alves, adriano, santos, marcelo [well he is shit as defender]) so why not bring 2 players to la masia at the age of 13 from brazil and play them in the LB and RB positions? we could grow up some very good full backs

Kinda like those?

tumblr_ldqvubv8cC1qcs3bmo1_500.png

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Torres (president Getafe): "We asked Barcelona about Montoya but Guardiola wants him for the first team. It will be difficult."

Home of Barca Fans