Martin Montoya

Nani17

Buyout option and, if possible, ineligible to pay vs. Barca please. Didn't like how Botia helped Sporting in taking 2 points away from us.
Would be a perfect move if Emery has genuine plans for the youngster.
Pretty sure you can't insert a clause like that if it's a permanent deal.

V

Villa Maravilla

He isn't ready for the first team, and in spain people think that he's sad for the renew of Dani Alves and he is thinking for go to Valencia.
Almost he supports madrid when he was child :lol:

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Was hoping he'd get promoted and stay as backup to Dani next season, but not a bad deal.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Apparently he's moving to Valencia for €2m with a €3m buy-back clause

Much depends whether Emery considers Montoya as a first team option. Will they exercise their right to hang on to Stankevičius for 1,5 mil?
If they don't then young Martin has only Miguel to battle with for that RB spot.

Edit: Bruno as well.

A

Alzeheri94

He played a very good match agaist R. De Huelva and he's without any doubt ready to play with one off La Liga's top clubs.

majql

I think it is a good decision from the club to change their politics from loaning our promising players to selling them with a good buy-back option.
Hope Montoya will get a lot playing, cause he looks very promising, so he can replace Dani in couple of years.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Worst case scenario: He gets stuck on the bench for a few years and then joins Espanyol and helps keep a clean sheet against us...

I'd be more comfortable if he joined a weaker side where he would be guaranteed a starting berth.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Worst case scenario: He gets stuck on the bench for a few years and then joins Espanyol and helps keep a clean sheet against us...

I'd be more comfortable if he joined a weaker side where he would be guaranteed a starting berth.

:lol: yeah, send him to Sporting or some thing

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Valencia are no selling club... I can't believe they would include buy-out clause in some youngster they want to develop.

majql

Valencia are no selling club... I can't believe they would include buy-out clause in some youngster they want to develop.

An we are not the club that is abandoning very promising young players. Also I think the club have really high hopes about Montoya so they wouldn't just let him go without an option of getting him back in the future.

Last edited:

Seamus

If he plays it will be a great move for us and him, and if the buy back is only 3million its a win win situation. This is looking like a good option for our youngsters

Gibbons

[barcastuff]
Despite the interest of Valencia, Barcelona B right back defender Martin Montoya (20) will renew his contract until 2014. [md]

Home of Barca Fans