Martin Caceres

Beast

The Observer
I think he is a big flop ... i don't believe he was worth all that money .. and IMHO he is a disaster waiting to happen..

most of the times i saw him play he was very clumsy .. he tackles well and that's about it when it comes to defensive ability ..

Caceres & Garay are hardly Barca or Real material .. i believe they could be suited better away from the CB position

Zqa-

What?

Did you see him last year? Aboslutely a brilliant defender. Strong, good header, good tackler, fast etc. And he is only 21 years old. Garay had a splendid season last year as well, haven't seen him this year though.

gvt2000

I think he is a big flop ... i don't believe he was worth all that money .. and IMHO he is a disaster waiting to happen..

most of the times i saw him play he was very clumsy .. he tackles well and that's about it when it comes to defensive ability ..

Caceres & Garay are hardly Barca or Real material .. i believe they could be suited better away from the CB position

Exactly how i feel. Its already bad enough we have to celebrate a single decent game by our 17 million signing, lets not even talk about how little he'll play next year with milito comming back and henrique joining the team.

Give him a shot at LB, cause right now, as a CB he IS a disaster waiting to happen. Pep should do something about it before it blows on our face and costs us a game, or even worse, a trophy.

maz

I walk the line
most thought same about the monkey face pepe
Pepe settled in very quickly. Cáceres has looked decent on most occasions he played, and he looked very good the other week (cant remember who it was against). But pepe proved his worth quite quickly. Marty as yet to do that.

M.L. King

The Preacher
I think Pepe had more chances to prove him self. Why don't some of you cut him some slack. It's his first season in Barca, he is very young and so far in almost every game he has played he proved a worthy choice. Remember against Malaga was it? He played extremely well, he has improved in his positioning and seems a lot less clumsy than he did at the beginning of the season. With more support and belief he can become one of the best defenders, especially with his immense aerial abilities.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The comparison with Pepe is unfair, he was signed to be a starter and an immediate solution, Martín is a signing for the future and how many games in a row has Cáceres played? If he plays more often he will adapt "faster" and gain more confidence, as King said, cut him some slack... Besides he hasn't been terrible, sure he had a game (in Copa del Rey I think) where he almost cost us two goals, but other than that he's been decent IMO...

Zqa-

Not even in the Getafe squad... What happened to this guy? So good last year, this year almost isn't playing.. I would say a waste of 16€ mil if Pep doesn't want him after all.

shadows

Not even in the Getafe squad... What happened to this guy? So good last year, this year almost isn't playing.. I would say a waste of 16€ mil if Pep doesn't want him after all.

Why is he and Hleb left out??Are they carrying any injuries or are they already being pointed to the door??

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Now he just wants the automatisms. Pep doesn't want rotations for important games, that's my guess.

I also believe that they will get some playtime against Vakencia or Sevilla, but then i believe as well that Getafe is more important. :)

shadows

Now he just wants the automatisms. Pep doesn't want rotations for important games, that's my guess.

I also believe that they will get some playtime against Vakencia or Sevilla, but then i believe as well that Getafe is more important. :)

But leaving out Hleb seems strange ..i mean you can take him there and then leave him out right:p

Home of Barca Fans