Martin Caceres

C

Chiellini3

hello to everybody

I'm a supporter of Juventus... and I don't know very well the defender CACERES, that now seems to be a step to sign for Juve

you tell me something about this defender? thank you very much

ps. sorry for my not perfect English

C

Chiellini3

but, is a central defender? or a quarterback?

i don't know Caceras... can you tell me anything about him? is a good player? thanks very much :)

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
He's a good and talented young defender, but he was so far in the pecking order here he got something ridiculous like 13 games overall, where he performed well in some but showed inexperience in others. And seeing as when the season entered crunch time he was too young to be a reliable option, he was left out too. He could do very well in Italy. And he can play at LB and CB, some think he's much better at LB (He plays there for Uruguay and has looked better than he ever did for us, could be down to confidence which obv he lacks here). Could be a great signing for you guys, I hope it's only a loan though.

ryuken

He has some potential and sometime show some flashes of brilliant but he doesnt have the chance in Barca.

BarcaCelt

I think confidence is a factor.

He would be excellent for Barca at left back but as they already have one, and Maxwell has just signed that doesn't look too likely :lol:

I guess if he's willing to wait a season or two (maybe go on loan like is being said?) then in the future he could become a commanding centre half for Barca. :)

C

Chiellini3

thanks very much guy

but, is a incorrect player? Does he commit many fouls during the match, took many yellow/reds card?

ah, another question :p is a defender play maker, or is a pure marker?

S

Snyde

Well to be honest we've seen very little of him in Barca, I've seen a little of him with Recre as well so I guess that helps. What I would tell you is that he is definitely Uruguayan, in that he loves to tackle and is very physical and will give no quarter. The other thing is that he may not be too tactically adept which might be a big downside in Serie A. Or he might learn more from coaches there and become excellent. He also lacks a bit of composure.

It could be that he lacked confidence at barca and therefore perhaps due to eagerness we saw him being hasty as these things weren't there in his game at Recre. However I could be wrong as Recre were quite a defensive team (I think) and there were others to help him out while he was on his own completely with Barca. Hope that helps. :cheers:

PS Don't think he is that good at playmaking but he rarely got the chance to, so who knows?

C

Chiellini3

Well to be honest we've seen very little of him in Barca, I've seen a little of him with Recre as well so I guess that helps. What I would tell you is that he is definitely Uruguayan, in that he loves to tackle and is very physical and will give no quarter. The other thing is that he may not be too tactically adept which might be a big downside in Serie A. Or he might learn more from coaches there and become excellent. He also lacks a bit of composure.

It could be that he lacked confidence at barca and therefore perhaps due to eagerness we saw him being hasty as these things weren't there in his game at Recre. However I could be wrong as Recre were quite a defensive team (I think) and there were others to help him out while he was on his own completely with Barca. Hope that helps. :cheers:

PS Don't think he is that good at playmaking but he rarely got the chance to, so who knows?

you think is better the old and finished Cannavaro or the young and inexperienced Caceres? :giggle:

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
His biggest problem (as highlighted earlier) is confidence and positioning. He needs someone to keep an eye on him and encourage him. He is very quick and committed but does give away a lot of fouls.

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
I'm a huge fan but I have to echo what others have said. Confidence played a huge part. He's ball distribution was not up to the standard that it needs to be at Barça if you play at centre back. I wish him all the best and hope to see him back at Barça.

He's no Montero ;)

C

Chiellini3

I'm a huge fan but I have to echo what others have said. Confidence played a huge part. He's ball distribution was not up to the standard that it needs to be at Barça if you play at centre back. I wish him all the best and hope to see him back at Barça.

He's no Montero ;)

this is sure! Montero was only... my idol of Juventus.

thanks for the answer :)

Evil

Shabazz
Same performance by Martin like last season, he was good at defending especially the aerial threat, but when it comes to implementing the offside trap, or passing the ball, he completely fails. He's not very technical, something that's completely the opposite of our style of playing.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Same performance by Martin like last season, he was good at defending especially the aerial threat, but when it comes to implementing the offside trap, or passing the ball, he completely fails. He's not very technical, something that's completely the opposite of our style of playing.
Pretty much sums it up. Hes also pretty fast for a defender, which is also a basic asset for playing in barcelona, but he lacks the tactical awareness and positioning when playing in a defensive line very highly positioned on the pitch.

Thats also why i dont see a point in a loan. Either he learns the necessary tactical skills right here in barcelona, thus staying here. Or they discard i.e. sell him. I dont see how he can improve for the barca game somewhere else tbh ...

C

Chiellini3

Yes. Yesterday I saw the match of Barcelona and I have noticed this. Sincerely, I was not impressed so much..

Home of Barca Fans