Marlon Santos

EdmondDantes

I read something yesterday about it being between Marlon and Vermaelen in Valverde's mind. The report also said Mina is definitely out of the picture.

With Vidal coming in, I'm not sure that theory holds water given that's he's a non EU player too.

Marlon has done well in the friendlies, I hope we can get a good deal for him, the transfer window is winding down, clubs are bound to get desperate. Besides, he's a good player with potential.

xXKonan

MD mentions he has 5 offers and he will spend the next couple of days looking at them and making a decision.

Kinda surprised none of teams who are willing to spend money on Yerry aren't looking at the cheaper option in Marlon. The funny thing is Marlon while not as hyped as Yerry, between the two He's easily the better defender and can actually play in a High Line and is a year younger than Yerry is.

Last edited:

Raketa10

MD mentions he has 5 offers and he will spend the next couple of days looking at them and making a decision.

Kinda surprised none of teams who are willing to spend money on Yerry aren't looking at the cheaper option in Marlon. The funny thing is Marlon while not as hyped as Yerry, between the two He's easily the better defender and can actually play in a High Line and is a year younger than Yerry is.

But he doesn’t know how to dance! :D

soul24rage

I'm hoping that if we sell Marlon, we include a buy back clause. Our CBs right now are: Umtiti, Lenglet, Pique and Vermaelen (Mina being sold). Vermaelen is going to be phased out in a year or two, with Pique also getting older and no good Barca B CBs, a buy back clause should be used for Marlon. Also I think he played decently during the pre-season and knows our style of play already. (I'm not sure what the non-eu spot is going to be like in the future)

BBZ8800

Unreal profits we are making off of these young talents that we bought for nothing.

Didn't we pay 5-6m for him?
Add wages he earned.
And taxes paid for his wages.
And a real profit for him in total is 2-5 millions.

Which is still a good business, but not unreal.

Last edited:

Saladin

Add wages he earned.

He is on low wages and Lyon covered his wages for the entirety of last season. We bought him for 5 mil euros and can offload for around 12-15 mil euros which would give us a profit of 5-7 mil euros (his wages for the first season included). I'd say making a almost 100 % return on an investment within two years is great business. Being that it is US that are making those profits make it almost unreal.

abiabi

I agree, Marlon is a great player for a mid table club that plays more offensive. Will be cheap too. Maybe a Rayo or something.

khaled_a_d

Add wages he earned.

We paid his wage because he is employed by thhe club, we sell his contract. That is why we never calculate wages, players play for it.

Home of Barca Fans