Mario Gotze

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Götze is a CAM there, dont be deceived by his Position in my line up.
i thought it'd look nicer that way

I know, but both Weigl and Castro are holding midfielders, I fear that without someone to fill Gundogan's shoes as a proper CM their game will suffer.

Pablo Escobar

Very sad faith for Gotze, but it happens often when you go to the best club you can jump to at 21, would've imagined 3 years ago and after his first two seasons at Bayern that if he doesn't stay in Munich for a long time he would probably end up here in Barca, mandrid or a top english club at least being in the top 10 best payed players.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am reading that he did take a pay cut returning to BVB, his salary will be 8m (before taxes).

The best comment so far I have seen is "He is only 24, if he works hard he can still join Bayern one day". :lol:

xavisionary

The most real quote I've ever seen about football is 'just because Aaron Lennon didn't turn out to be Luis Figo, doesn't mean Lennon didn't have a good career'. Gotze will always have his WC winning goal, multiple Bundesliga titles, beautiful touch and finesse etc. I hope he truly pushes on now.

CuleLife4Life

I am reading that he did take a pay cut returning to BVB, his salary will be 8m (before taxes).

The best comment so far I have seen is "He is only 24, if he works hard he can still join Bayern one day". :lol:

Its good for their league that he was ok with taking a cut to stay. BVB seem to be shaping up a good squad. Probably won't beat Bayern but they defintely aren't going to suffer from the loses of Gundo, Miki, and Hummels if they play their cards right.

BarcaOG

Banned
remember when there was a debate over whether gotze was better than neymar and would be the most likely future ballon d'or winner? :lol:

Nucky

remember when there was a debate over whether gotze was better than neymar and would be the most likely future ballon d'or winner? :lol:

Funny indeed to even think anyone has a chance of winning Ballon D'or while Messi and Ronaldo are still playing but most of us though he would turn into world class player, one of the best in the world but I guess he is overrated..

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
He did ruin GOAT's chance to claim the throne for good..... That in itself has won him the fame for eternity, so no need of Balon d'Or anymore

He'll be remembered like the King Slayer for all his life!

Yannik

at the time where that discussion was a Thing he WAS arguably better though.
now Hazard and Neymar are both whiping the Floor with him

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
at the time where that discussion was a Thing he WAS arguably better though.
now Hazard and Neymar are both whiping the Floor with him

I wouldn't say that. Goetze still showed glimpses and spurts of brilliance last season, he is still verycapable. Consistency and motivation/work rate seem to be his biggest issues.

Yannik

He was diagnozed with a metabolic disorder and is immediately forced to quit training for an undefinite amount of time.

This might explain a lot really over the past years. I've critisized him a lot but if this had a long impact on him then I can understand it. Hope that it doesn't get too serious and that he can recover from this and soon play football again.

Home of Barca Fans