Mario Gotze

Yannik

Of course they would deny it, whether this was true or not, just from a publicity standpoint alone.

"I did not have sex with that woman."

well usually you don't see them going all out like this unless they're about to sue the shit out of some newspaper.

DennyCrane

I wonder how this guy's story goes on as the Euro was basically his only chance to salvage his career at this point. And let's be honest here, he was crap.

Some journos speculate at the moment he might return to Dortmund but tbh I think that's a pipe dream and I doubt that the fanbase would be happy with him given the unfortunate circumstances of his departure from there. Other than that, the way he plays and the shape he's in now, he wouldn't even be a major upgrade for them.

gregorrin10

Agreed personal terms, now Dortmund sent a 23M€ offer to Bayern, who want 27M, i guess they'll make it work in the middle...25M and done. Hope it happens, he's too good of a player to see rotting on the bench, although i am a little bit surprised if Ancelotti lets go of him so easily...after all, Robbery duo is old now and will probably both leave in the next couple of years already, and when you take them out, there's not really that much depth anymore...okay yeah, there's Douglas Costa and Muller of course, but outside of them i really don't see much competition for Gotze. (Coman maybe?) I guess Carlo has some of his own buys in mind, otherwise i really don't see the point in selling him, when he could start fresh and maybe finally start to produce like Bayern's fans want and expect him to.

But it will be more interesting to see if the Dortmund fans will even want him back after all the crap that's happened between them and the player. I personally wouldn't take him back, if i was a Dortmund fan. Of course their Board is the main decider, but still.

Nucky

It's best for him to go back to Dortmund.. He isn't Bayern material after all and he wasn't 50% of what he was in Dortmund.. Like somebody has already said Bojan 2..

JerseyAddict

[MENTION=19693]gregorrin10[/MENTION]

Yes, I'm suprised that Dortmund takes him back because who knows how fans will react. After all he went to Bayern. I for one (and I'm not like some DOrtmund fan) steped back from buying Hummels jersey because he went to Bayern. And Goetze is BD kid.

About curent Bayern attackers options if RM steals Lewa they are flat on Muller and COsta. Robbery duo I don't count anymore as season-term option.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
As soon as SportBild claimed that Goetze is leaving for BVB for 28m and will sign a 5-year contract, Zorc came out and vehemently denied that Goetze is going back to BVB.

Yannik

I really don't know why Dortmund or Götze want to put themselfves into this uncomfortable position with the supporters. I hope Götze leaves Bayern, but I don't want him to go back to Dortmund. Read a rumor about Tottenham the other day and thought that this was a cool thing to do.
Also I don't get Dortmunds obsession with bringing back former players. Neither Sahin nor Kagawa are really as good as they were when they left. Plus Götze is also pretty injury prone, they could do a lot better than that for around 25m.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I really don't know why Dortmund or Götze want to put themselfves into this uncomfortable position with the supporters. I hope Götze leaves Bayern, but I don't want him to go back to Dortmund. Read a rumor about Tottenham the other day and thought that this was a cool thing to do.
Also I don't get Dortmunds obsession with bringing back former players. Neither Sahin nor Kagawa are really as good as they were when they left. Plus Götze is also pretty injury prone, they could do a lot better than that for around 25m.

Tottenham denied that they were in interested in Goetze. The problem is, Goetze has a big salary (reportedly 10m) and he allegedly said he would only go to one of the elite clubs if he were to leave Bayern. At this point no one is interested in getting him.

If I were Goetze I wouldn't go back to BVB but I understand why BVB might want him. He is still a very good player and he can add value to BVB's attacking midfield now with Mkhitaryan gone.

What I don't get is BVB is rumored to be getting Schuerrle for about 35m. That is way too much money for an average player.

Home of Barca Fans