Marcos Senna

Trequartista

The good
I really dont want to see him here,He is a great player,Busquetes will be our first choice(even if we signed MAscherano or anyone)but Busquetes needs competition and Senna will not give him that Competition,Look at what happened to Abidal when we signed Maxwell,One of the reasons of the rise of Busquetes is Yaya Toure so we should sign a good player who can compete with Busi,There are far better choices in the market.

Trequartista

The good
he started most games last year, it actually improved him. and he is ready

If You talk about Busqutes then thats true,he is more than ready to become a starter,His Heroics at the World Cup made him in my favourite 3 defensive midfielders in the world but still he needs Copetition and Senna wont give him this competition.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
competition is possible is capoue signs or you could go with the mentor who he learns from in senna

adil_909

senna would be a good signing for barca. he can refind his best for here. and anyone who thinks senna will not give busquets competition is crazy. busquets is a promising up and coming player, not some big hot shot that is far above experienced players like senna. the two could work well together and i think busquets could learn a lot from senna as well. do it pep!

JAMAIN

Not a totally crap move since we have no money and he will come for next to nothing. Has played with Xavi and Iniesta, knows our system, knows the league, will be desperate to finish his career with at least some titles. As long he stays fit we will alright with him. A lot is on Busquet's shoulders this year now...In hindsight probably never should have let Toure go...

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
So you guys really believe that we need another young DM as only possible source of extrinsic motivation for Busquets? I.e. you think the others (Puyol, Xavi, Pique ...) wouldnt rip his head off if Busquets would start to slack?

Barcafan 2304

So you guys really believe that we need another young DM as only possible source of extrinsic motivation for Busquets? I.e. you think the others (Puyol, Xavi, Pique ...) wouldnt rip his head off if Busquets would start to slack?

Xavi no, he aint hard enough. Puyol would, he is a hard nut lol

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya

I believe we need a cover for Busquets, and proceed with the initial plan. We do not necessarily need some neat upcoming young talent, which wouldn't be too fussed about sitting on the bench.

Unless, you want to have heavy competition for the DM spot and pay more than needed for a mere back-up. Besides, I do believe that Senna might actually give a run for all the money paid for him and would still be able to challenge Busquets, and not only when needed. A 2-year contract wouldn't be too bad imho. considering his age.

Then there is also the case of Oriol Romeu, who seems to be a promising DM as well.

Aasim

Bumbleman
Senna would cost €3m. Even if he is past it, for that much he can bring a lot of experience and determination which would make him a great addition to our squad.

He would challenge Busquets and also teach him. We don't need a player like Toure who would be on the bench for most of the season. We need a back up. Capoue would want first team football, maybe not this season but he would the next..

Home of Barca Fans