Marco Reus

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Nope, we don't have a place for Marco.

Anyway, we tried to snatch him earlier but apparently they told us to feck off and we ended up buying Suarez.

Yeah, we missed the boat on him. :-( Sigh.

Either way I think it is going to be impossible for us to sign him since we will likely be slashed with the transfer ban next summer.

I

instinct

Unless a player gets injured, we shouldn't buy a forward in the near future. We pretty much started from zero after this horrible season and now we have the best player in the world, the best striker in the world and the best young player in the world and that has to be enough. We should focus on the defense and the midfield in the coming years and Lucho should try to establish a strong and fluid system which could get difficult, if another star has to be included into the squad. I'd rather try to promote our youngsters (like Munir and Adama etc) instead of buying Reus or other ''big'' names because that should be the way to go. It's sad that we had to spend so much money this summer and I don't want the club to buy players for 150m every summer. Reus is a phenomenal player but I don't want him here because with the right philosophy and the right tactics our attack will be the best in the world even without him.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Barcelona shouldn't need a world class forward for a while with the way they have structured the frontline, however Reus could still find a place in the starting 11 for this team.

They could very much play a 4-2-3-1 and have all of Neymar-Messi-Reus playing behind Suarez.

I

instinct

Why did we miss the boat? I wouln't have signed him for 50m -60m (he is worth that IMO) even though he'll be available for 35m next summer. This would have been ridiculous. Dortmund is a pain in the neck when it comes to negotiating. Suarez was the more logical choise for me and I'd prefer him over Reus anyday because IMO we needed a typical striker instead of another winger/#10

I

instinct

Barcelona shouldn't need a world class forward for a while with the way they have structured the frontline, however Reus could still find a place in the starting 11 for this team.

They could very much play a 4-2-3-1 and have all of Neymar-Messi-Reus playing behind Suarez.

I doubt that we'd have a solid and strong defense with that line-up.

L

linetty

Dortmund are looking to get rid of that release clause.
Dortmund will again offer Reus a pay rise in exchange for eliminating 35M buyout fee. Barcelona, Bayern and Man Utd monitor situation [bild]

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I doubt that we'd have a solid and strong defense with that line-up.

I don't see why not. That lineup does not affect the defensive side of the game. The biggest change would be a likely loss of control of the game, but striking power and directness would go up, defense should likely not be affected.

Antimadridista1

Not sure that we can play possession football with this line-up.

I

instinct

I don't see why not. That lineup does not affect the defensive side of the game. The biggest change would be a likely loss of control of the game, but striking power and directness would go up, defense should likely not be affected.

Who would play besides Busquets in the double pivot? Mascherano or Rakitic? Iniesta is not that great defensively to offer us balance between attack and defense, especially since our current trend is to use attacking fullbacks. To me, it wouldn't make sense to drop e.g Alba for Mathieu to guarantee that the 4-2-3-1 is balanced just to include Reus in an attack which already has 3 of the best players in the world. Unless we drop Iniesta for Masche or maybe Rakitic I don't see it working but that's just my way of thinking. Of course it could prove to be awesome.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

But where do you play Iniesta in that lineup? The only way we could feasibly play Reus with all our best players is if we permanently moved to a 3-3-1-3.

Neymar--Suarez----Reus-
----------Messi----------
----Iniesta-----Rakitic----
-----------Busi-----------
--Mathieu--Pique--Bartra--

But indeed, it would be a sight to behold. And I'd rather have Reus for that rightwing spot over Cuadrado. But we'd probably need a few more centerbacks for that system to have some depth.

BenRobbins

This guy on his day is unstoppable and i am just worried real might fancy him to replace ronaldo as he will be getting on a bit and may look to shift him to the cf position.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Not sure that we can play possession football with this line-up.

That's what you'd give up for the lineup, control of the game. Just saying it's possible, nothing more.

Who would play besides Busquets in the double pivot? Mascherano or Rakitic? Iniesta is not that great defensively to offer us balance between attack and defense, especially since our current trend is to use attacking fullbacks. To me, it wouldn't make sense to drop e.g Alba for Mathieu to guarantee that the 4-2-3-1 is balanced just to include Reus in an attack which already has 3 of the best players in the world. Unless we drop Iniesta for Masche or maybe Rakitic I don't see it working but that's just my way of thinking. Of course it could prove to be awesome.

The lineup does not have less defenders than the current 4-3-3. Double pivot would likely be the way vs stronger opponents, but Rakitic or Iniesta could still play in there vs weaker teams. The biggest change would be in possession and control of the game.

Not saying they should change to this lineup and formation, just saying that Reus could still play for this team even if they don't get rid of a forward.

Home of Barca Fans