Marco Reus

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Reus is anything but a legend in Dortmund. He did not win one single trophy so far and if BVB is not able to challenge for titles again he will leave for sure in a couple of years imo.
He is 26 now and will not wait forever to win a league title and compete for the CL.

Darko

He rejected Bayern to join them, was their best player for quite some time now and he's just likeable and always gives his all, "anything but a legend" is quite harsh even though he hasn't won any major trophy.

S7_MUFC

He rejected Bayern to join them, was their best player for quite some time now and he's just likeable and always gives his all, "anything but a legend" is quite harsh even though he hasn't won any major trophy.

He's been really unlucky in terms of trophies..

SwiftGuyver

Le Tissier, Gerrard and Totti are legends despite having won (relatively) little.

Gerrard won a Champions League, a UEFA Cup, 2 UEFA Super Cups, 2 FA Cups, 3 League Cups & a Community Shield which is more than most footballers manage in their career...

BBZ8800

We could've easily accommodated Reus by playing him on the Right and placing Messi in the center behind Suarez where the opportunity to exploit the space created by the attacking trident in front of him would be magnified and his passing would be even more impactful than what it already is. In terms of formation, we could've played a 3-3-1-3 with Mathieu-Pique-Masch in the back, and no fullbacks; but they wouldn't be been missed either defensively, given the extra CB, or offensively, for obvious reasons. Another option, would've been to play a conventional 4-2-1-3, which I think we could've pulled off with a good CM.

As others said, please, don't ever try to change the system.
We had enough of Ibra's and Cesc's, when we ruined our perfect teams and systems to make them "even more deadly".

So, any player is welcomed only if he can fit our system that brought insane percentage of victories since January.

BBZ8800

Le Tissier, Gerrard and Totti are legends despite having won (relatively) little.

Totti won a scudetto with Roma in 2001, when Seria A was considered as even stronger than Champions league (by Italian media).
Also, since Roma won only 3 titles in their entire history (1942, 1983 and 2001), winning a title in 2001 for Roma fans is more or less the same as Barca winning the treble or sextuple.

In the eyes of Roma's fans, Totti is an absolute legend and he has won enough of titles.

As others said, please, don't ever try to change the system.
We had enough of Ibra's and Cesc's, when we ruined our perfect teams and systems to make them "even more deadly".

So, any player is welcomed only if he can fit our system that brought insane percentage of victories since January.

The 3-3-1-3 is in fact our system, since Alves is used more as a winger rather than a traditional FB. So, having Reus there means that we have an actual Winger instead of a declining RB. Now, replace Mathieu with Alba and that's essentially the same formation that we've been playing with.

BBZ8800

The 3-3-1-3 is in fact our system, since Alves is used more as a winger rather than a traditional FB. So, having Reus there means that we have an actual Winger instead of a declining RB. Now, replace Mathieu with Alba and that's essentially the same formation that we've been playing with.

That is a totally different formation/system.

If you switch Rakitic with Rafinha, we are already all over the place.
Now, imagine changing Alves and Alba.

EdmondDantes

Declining right back. Did you see Alves play last season mate? He might be 32, but he was fantastic. And Reus has no place in our 11, no matter what nonsensical extrapolations you come up with.

If Pedro can't get in the side, I don't think Reus has a chance. He's a good player who might be a little injury prone, but he's no wingback. What's your next suggestion, to go all out for Aguero to replace Pique since Gerard pushes up a lot for corners?

Gerrard won a Champions League, a UEFA Cup, 2 UEFA Super Cups, 2 FA Cups, 3 League Cups & a Community Shield which is more than most footballers manage in their career...

That's not much when you compare it to the best who's ever worn their shirt, but most Liverpool fans consider him Top 3-5 to ever play for them. I'm just saying it's not all about the trophies.

Totti won a scudetto with Roma in 2001, when Seria A was considered as even stronger than Champions league (by Italian media).
Also, since Roma won only 3 titles in their entire history (1942, 1983 and 2001), winning a title in 2001 for Roma fans is more or less the same as Barca winning the treble or sextuple.

In the eyes of Roma's fans, Totti is an absolute legend and he has won enough of titles.

I completely agree with this. Same thing applies to Reus, he doesn't have to achieve much (relatively speaking again) to become a legend at BVB. Hometown kid, led them to a UCL Final, denied a transfer to Bayern and is always immense against them, led Germany in WC qualifying, when it's all said and done, he'll win at least one cup with them. That's already a legend for their standards.

Declining right back. Did you see Alves play last season mate? He might be 32, but he was fantastic. And Reus has no place in our 11, no matter what nonsensical extrapolations you come up with.
If all you've watched was the CL final, then I guess you're right. If you think I'm the only one sharing that opinion then I suggest going through Alves' player page.

If Pedro can't get in the side, I don't think Reus has a chance. He's a good player who might be a little injury prone, but he's no wingback. What's your next suggestion, to go all out for Aguero to replace Pique since Gerard pushes up a lot for corners?
Perhaps you should consider the fact that Reus may be a better player than Pedro. Read my original post, not my reply to BBZ8800.

The point I made in my reply was that a 3-3-1-3 is not radically different from our current formation, because Alves plays more as a winger than an actual FB. So my point was, by analogy: why play Alba as a purely offensive player when you can play Neymar, and the same thing goes for Reus relative to Alves. Now to make it actually work, you could either player with a 3-3-1-3 with 3 CB at the back, or a 4-2-1-3 with Messi replacing Iniesta (who like Alves has had a fantastic end of the season, but who isn't getting any younger). As a caveat, we need to find a CM who can alternate between tiki-taka and our current play style, that is a player who control the game and still have a meaningful defensive contribution (think pre-injury Gundogan). But that's something that we need regardless.

Home of Barca Fans