Marcelo

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Well for a lot of these fans it's less about being overtly racist and more about just being insensitive dickheads. It's the same thing that happened to Eto'o really, people knew it upset him and so a lot of fans would do it just for the sake of getting under his skin. It's probably the same thing this time, a way of showing support for Biscuits and a way to make fun of Marcelo.

This doesn't justify it, I hope the club takes measures to get this embarrassment out of the game. But I think it's important to understand that not everyone making chants like that is a raging racist, but Spain does a piss poor job educating people on diversity and so a lot of these people just don't understand that targeting someone for their race is different than say, targeting them for the way they look. They know they are being racist on some level, but there's no concept of what it really means.

It's the main reason you don't see that in the UK and US, where there's plenty of racists, but people understand the severity of what they are doing.

Last edited:

dalitis8

Banned
true that, unfortunatelly... I wonder, wth are the fans thinking with those racist chants, when they have black players in their own squad? Shame really..

They may even have black friends, but you know, political or collective stance/hate is nothing personal. It is collective.

For example, when racist Barca fans cheered for Eto'o or Ronaldinho, it was not that they had overcome their racism, it was despite of it. When they abuse Marcelo, it is not only thanks to his racial element, but of his quality as an enemy of Barca, an enemy made even more obscene because of his racial make-up.

soxrtdc

I didn't realize how severe his kick on Messi was. He is a terrible person and I don't really understand how one professional could try to harm another professional. There should be an understanding where they know they make their livings from their bodies and there should be a certain amount of respect. He made no play on the ball and just wanted to hurt the Messiah. He should be banned for a number of games for these actions...

La LL

Generally Delightful
Him, Pepe, Khedira and Ramos are probably the most brutal thugs in Spanish football. But Pepe is the worst.

soxrtdc

Ramos is just an instigator/scum bag. Pepe and Marcelo honestly want to hurt people. I wanted to break Pepe's fucking neck for that classless elbow to Messi's throat. I hope he doesn't make it back to Madrid in one piece... Karma is a bitch.

dalitis8

Banned
There is no bigger piece of shit than Pepe.

And the worse thing about it, is that it has been in a way normalized.

It's as if Pepe is allowed 3 cruel fouls before he is shown yellow, and another 5 before he is shown red.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
And apparently Mou has successfully rewritten the rulebook in terms of what constitutes a high boot...The way RM has played in this tie, I don't think there was ever a challenge where a high boot didn't come into play from them - particularly when they didn't have position to get the ball...Yet not one foul nor one card for it

Sergio

Sergison
really?

it didn't come across on TV 'til after the foul incident. so it can't have been many people doing it before.

Yeah man, and it was obviously quite the accepted thing. Thing with this Classico being in August and therefor off the back of the city's holiday weekend, alot of the regulars weren't there. A large part of the crowd was French or Italian tourists like me, and you noticed the differentiation during the supporters songs in Catalan of course. It was the regulars, and most of them at that, doing the mono stuff.

Didn't bother me greatly, am used to seeing it in other Italian or Spanish stadiums, it had been put to me here mostly that Camp Nou wasn't like that, when really id anything it was worse.

Was still overwhelmingly good natured that and the lasers aside though.

Barcafan 2304

There is no bigger piece of shit than Pepe.

And the worse thing about it, is that it has been in a way normalized.

It's as if Pepe is allowed 3 cruel fouls before he is shown yellow, and another 5 before he is shown red.

Agreed, pepe is the worst but this guy is his master apprentice

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
019ca2f7de4c9f7f152e92914b5f6fed.gif

Barcafan 2304

Something needs doing about Marcelo. He is seriously losing it. To all intents and purposes, his sole aim last night was to lash out whenever possible.

Home of Barca Fans