Marcelo

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I was there, and over half the stadium was doing it as he came on. And no it was racist, it was accompanied by monkey dances and chimp noises. It was bad enough to put announcements asking for respect on the scoreboards.

Good to see/hear that the stadium tried to quell the racist chants, wonder if they did similar at the Bobby Brown...Rosell & Pep have to make a renewed effort to extinguish that BS from the Camp Nou

But Spain, & Catalunya apparently, racism lives on
HeadShake.gif

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
It was out of order and unfortunately this will give Marcelo and Madrid an excuse as to why they behaved in that manner.

I don't think it'll hold. it happens to Dani at most away grounds, every time at the Bernabeu, and he doesn't go around scything people down. plus there were NO monkey chants before he kicked Messi in the ribs and got away without even a yellow.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Monkey chants are still monkey chants, whatever the circumstances. We should be fined and heavily, if we get away with it then it will just encourage the idiots at other grounds.

Sergio

Sergison
I don't think it'll hold. it happens to Dani at most away grounds, every time at the Bernabeu, and he doesn't go around scything people down. plus there were NO monkey chants before he kicked Messi in the ribs and got away without even a yellow.

No they started it when he was getting ready to come on. But what shocked me was the sheer volume me people doing it, the majority even, not just a pocket me ultras, but even the expensive seats.

Also have to note that there was a lot of lasers in player faces again, several announcements had to be put out about that as well.

dalitis8

Banned
cunt is a horrible insult.

but that's the point.

wouldn't say it's sexist, though.

Dude, you should definitely know better.

"Cunt" is supremely sexist. You know what it refers to. Of course, I am aware of the fact that it has to an "extent" assumed something of an autonomous meaning and can even be used as an endearing term, but let's be honest, the immediate connotation is inevitably a sexist one. But to be certain, it's not as sexist as "pussy"

dalitis8

Banned
No they started it when he was getting ready to come on. But what shocked me was the sheer volume me people doing it, the majority even, not just a pocket me ultras, but even the expensive seats.

Also have to note that there was a lot of lasers in player faces again, several announcements had to be put out about that as well.

Yeah, lots of lasers, it reminded me of the Greek League for a second.

Everyone is allowed to have his views, but "monkey chants" directed towards black players are vulgar to the extreme, they are not insulting to the black players themselves. They just show that someone has been overwhelmed by hate and ignorance.

To be more precise though, I think that this is not an issue of racism as such. It is the hatred and animosity that has exploded in the past couple of years, mainly, but not exclusively, thanks to Mourinho and his mode of doing things.

La LL

Generally Delightful
Lol are we really discussing what can be considered a sexist insult in Marcelo's thread?

The word cunt will piss off any guy as much as any girl.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

really?

it didn't come across on TV 'til after the foul incident. so it can't have been many people doing it before.

W

woobie

Just had a peek at the Italian press' take on the whole thing. Mediaset did player ratings for the match and gave Marcelo a 0. It's been a very, very long time since I've seen anyone get a 0 in rating.

dalitis8

Banned
Racism is something that can never fully be destroyed. It happens, in Spain, Catalunya and every other country in the world.

It is always a matter of degree though as well.

But yes, to a certain extent, and in principle, you are correct. Racism is a necessary mode of being. We are all in a way racist. But we only like to accuse others of being that.

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
Racism is something that can never fully be destroyed. It happens, in Spain, Catalunya and every other country in the world.

true that, unfortunatelly... I wonder, wth are the fans thinking with those racist chants, when they have black players in their own squad? Shame really..

dalitis8

Banned
Just had a peek at the Italian press' take on the whole thing. Mediaset did player ratings for the match and gave Marcelo a 0. It's been a very, very long time since I've seen anyone get a 0 in rating.

He was actually playing well, and I consider him a potent and fearsome player with boundless athleticism, despite his stupidity.

But his conduct (Pepe's as well) borders on the criminal.

Home of Barca Fans