Marc Guiu

Porque

Like have been said in other threads, instead of buying Rawke we could have just promoted Guiu and spent the money on a promising young'ish DM...

Or Samu for 6m who has 9 LaLiga goals.

TBH I don't have a problem with the Roque signing. I think the bigger issue was getting Oriol Romeu and not somelike like Alan Varela who was heavily scouted and went for not much more.

companyofcules

Guiu should stay at the club for at least 7 years. We missed a pure number 9 and we have it for free.
Some games need a 9 regardless if you don't believe is first 11 material.

Andresito

Staff member
Let him train with first team and play 90s with B side. He has the luxury of developing in peace now.

When time comes and he actually becomes better than our other 9s, then welcome to the first team.

companyofcules

Let him train with first team and play 90s with B side. He has the luxury of developing in peace now.

When time comes and he actually becomes better than our other 9s, then welcome to the first team.
He was better than Lewandowski by minutes played. Had an awesome start but then got little to no chances and now Lewandowski is in form.

Messi983

Barcelona striker Marc Guiu has attracted interest from Sevilla who have asked the Catalans about the possiblity of signing the forward this summer.

Guiu and Real Madrid youngster Arda Guler have emerged as two top transfer targets for the Andalusians this summer, according to Relevo.

Not sure he's ready for La Liga. If QSF stays and continues to play 2-striker system and YEN is sold then he maybe could get enough minutes there but no guarantee for that. Sevilla is in similar FFP situation to us and will probably sign several loanees and see who will work out for them and won't really care about his longterm progress.

Porque

A deal similar to Chadi would benefit both, but not some nonsense like we arranged with Porto for Nico.

I've cooled on Guiu lately. Reality is he hardly gets minutes under Rafa for the B. So while he has potential, his route here if he stayed would be very slow. And the time investment is better on Roque.

Home of Barca Fans