Manuel Neuer

Yannik

Neuer isnt a god or something, the guy prevents so many goals with exactly these runs, if he gets it wrong every now in his career and concedes like 3 goals from that, then the 50-100 goals he has prevented that way surely make up for that.
The times where we were able to debate about his runs being "insane" or "stupid" are long gone. The guy is an absolute sensation, and the fact that he gets his runs wrong every now and then make him human.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Neuer isnt a god or something, the guy prevents so many goals with exactly these runs, if he gets it wrong every now in his career and concedes like 3 goals from that, then the 50-100 goals he has prevented that way surely make up for that.
The times where we were able to debate about his runs being "insane" or "stupid" are long gone. The guy is an absolute sensation, and the fact that he gets his runs wrong every now and then make him human.

Dude he was on the middle of the pitch! What sort of sweeper GK run there to prevents goals??!

Yannik

Dude he was on the middle of the pitch! What sort of sweeper GK run there to prevents goals??!

Watching the situation. He is in the middle of the pitch because he failed the header and tried to disrupt the player who received it (which actually worked, but then there was another player behind him). He sweeped, came first to the ball, got unlucky, tried to repair the damage, got unlucky again, then got lucky at last when the shot hit the post.
After he failed the header, it was actually the only logical decision to continue his run until the middle of the pitch. Had he run back, then he wouldnt have made it back in time anyway.

Theoretically everything about the sweep was alright, it was just the touch he made that ruined it. Technical mistake.

Last edited:

Morten

Neuer is a great sweeper, but i dont see why he should make that run in the first place. It wasnt a dangerous situation, cb had control.
Btw, isnt his attempted tackle a red card?

Yannik

Neuer is a great sweeper, but i dont see why he should make that run in the first place. It wasnt a dangerous situation, cb had control.
Btw, isnt his attempted tackle a red card?

I think he has misjudged the running paths of the attacker and the defender. I would have liked to see the situation from a camera angle that is showing the situation more from Neuer's point of view.
I really doubt that Neuer had made that unnecessary run, if he has had the same perspective that we had in TV. I could imagine that he knew that he would be first to the ball anyway (which he was) so he simply thought that he'd rather make that run than going into a potential 1on1 with the attacker and hope for the best. But the misstouch fucked it up then.

Morten

I think he has misjudged the running paths of the attacker and the defender. I would have liked to see the situation from a camera angle that is showing the situation more from Neuer's point of view.
I really doubt that Neuer had made that unnecessary run, if he has had the same perspective that we had in TV. I could imagine that he knew that he would be first to the ball anyway (which he was) so he simply thought that he'd rather make that run than going into a potential 1on1 with the attacker and hope for the best. But the misstouch fucked it up then.

I see, what about that attempted tackle, isnt that a red card by the books?

El Flaco

Neuer's dribble vs Dinamo Zagreb

[gfy]UniqueWillingAfricanbushviper[/gfy]

The Dinamo player was El Arbi Hillel Soudani, an Algerian player who also played in Neuer's sweeper performance in WC 2014.

Last edited:

Yannik

[gfy]UniqueWillingAfricanbushviper[/gfy]

If we seperate between necessary sweeps and unnecessary sweeps, then this is clearly a necessary and absolute flawless sweep that prevented a goalchance, while the one against Wolfsburg was unnecessary

Home of Barca Fans