Manuel Neuer

R

Ryu Hayabusa

So now Neuer is the best goalkeeper in history and a revolutionary on top of that?

You really don't like to give credit where it is due, at least not if said player or team is German, huh? ;)

Alarcón

You really don't like to give credit where it is due, at least not if said player or team is German, huh? ;)

I do. Neuer is the best keeper in the world, by far. He is the only GK at the very highest level who doesn't have a single flaw in his game. I just think some people are overdoing it by saying he's the best in history or he's revolutionising football. He's not revolutionising anything, he just does it much, much better than anyone else.

Enough credit? :)

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Well, then no. He didn't leave his box at every single opportunity in that fashion as it's obvious that more skilfull strikers than Algeria's will just dink the ball over his head as shown by Real Madrid last season.

He doesn't only do it against lesser teams like Algeria. He does it in the Bundesliga and CL as well. Also it is not only about sweeping, which makes him superior to Valdes.

Anyways... I stop here, don't want to sound too much like a completely biased fanboi ;)

Ursegor

World Champion
He doesn't only do it against lesser teams like Algeria. He does it in the Bundesliga and CL as well. Also it is not only about sweeping, which makes him superior to Valdes.

Anyways... I stop here, don't want to sound too much like a completely biased fanboi ;)

He is superior to Valdes. I don't even rate Valdes that highly. lol But that wasn't my point. My point is rather that he's gambling a bit too much:

Ronaldo%20over%20Neuer.gif

Bale%20over%20Neuer.gif

If these go in he looks like the biggest dick instead of being hailed as Lev Yashin and Beckenbauer in 1 person. Fine margins.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Alright, then I misread your postings, it seems.
Of course, if you have high risk moves in your game, a few will eventually come back to bite you in the arse.
But if you never attempt these high risk moves, you will never get more secure and better at them.

DrPepper

It's risky and sometimes it fails (very rarely though) but I think the possibility to concede is higher when he just stays on his line rather than sweeping the ball. The Algeria match is the best example for that; if Neuer just stays on his line like 99% of the other goalkeepers do, then they certainly would have scored because Algeria's strikers would've been 1on1 vs the keeper. But by intercepting the ball before the opposition's striker Neuer avoids just that.

Home of Barca Fans