Manchester United

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
I'm not watching every United match but the ones I'm watching you are failing very very hard. You got outplayed by Everton, Southampton and 10 man Liverpool so far and even Galatasaray matched you, hit the post 3 times and should have had at least 1 penalty. Correct me if I'm wrong. And this isn't something new. Last season you got battered by teams like Newcastle and Athletic and couldn't hold on to a draw against Basel (yes, a simple draw would have sufficed to progress, you didn't even need to win). Either I'm watching the wrong games or your midfield isn't your only problem. To me defense is as well. Rafael is a defensive liability (falling asleep against Athletic and his Olympic performances come to mind) and he's injury-prone. Rio is not the Rio from 2 or 3 years ago. And Vidic will never be the same again. Once you fuck up your knees, it haunts you forever. Ask Puyol. Out for how long again? 2 Months? And Rooney? Last time I saw him on the pitch he didn't even look like a professional footballer. Your forward 4 might be the second best in the league after City's on paper. But it isn't a cohesive unit. You have wide players who are traditional wide players (Nani, Valencia, Young) and bombard the box with crosses. At the same time you have Kagawa in the middle who's a pass & move footballer who wants to play through the middle but doesn't get the ball in central areas as much as he needs to to influence the game because your central midfielders behind him are so weak. It's like watching Messi starved off the ball at Argentina. I also don't so see how Rooney, RvP and Kagawa will work together once Rooney is fit. Rooney on the wing? Kagawa on the wing? That makes you even weaker through the middle. You are very lucky your main rivals are being managed by Mancini. Give that City squad and the money ressources to a proper manager and he'll walk the Premier League for years to come.

Your picking 6 or 7 games out of a 50 game season.

Granted we've not had the best of starts. But i fail to see that we're as horrendeusly bad as being made out. The defence isnt the problem, its through the midfield again, as good as carrick is at intercepting passes etc, if he's up against 2 powerful midfielders when playing with scholes or giggs, they just run through them and exposde the back 4.

Everton didnt outplay us, they used the physical advantage Fellaini brought to good effect.

It doesnt matter if you dont think itll work up top. I didnt think, Fabregas, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, and Mascherano would work. but it did.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Anybody that thinks Rafael is not weak doesn't deserve to be taken seriously. Evra has also been past it for quite some time. And the fact that you seem to be waiting on Anderson really shows the desperation at United.

I dont get the rafael hate, a defensively suceptible attacking full back, shit the bed, you hate Alves aswell? (not that im saying Rafael is anywhere near that level)

Waiting on Anderson is the best bet i have, as Ferguson seems reluctent on bringing in a new face, and we've known since he came that he has the potential to be a star at united. Ju

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I dont get the rafael hate, a defensively suceptible attacking full back, shit the bed, you hate Alves aswell? (not that im saying Rafael is anywhere near that level)
Alves is defensively susceptible only because he's a star... When given strict instructions to first shut-up shop and choose the offensive runs wisely, he's actually a beast

Banana-Rama

i don't buy the hype around anderson, i don't think he'll ever be good enough to be a starter for united, he is injury prone and he's usually overweight, plus his passing and defensive positioning is horrible, he might be good enough for a mid-table prem team but not for a team with ambitions of being the best in europe, i said it before and i will say again united must be the most patient top club in europe when it comes to waiting for players to come good, if anderson was at barca/madrid/bayern/milan he would of been sold like 3 seasons ago...............

Jenks

Demetre Mitchell had a stormer in the Victory Shield.

Demetre-Mitchell-Goal-Angle-1.gif

Demetre-Mitchell-Goal-Angle-2.gif

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
i don't buy the hype around anderson, i don't think he'll ever be good enough to be a starter for united, he is injury prone and he's usually overweight, plus his passing and defensive positioning is horrible, he might be good enough for a mid-table prem team but not for a team with ambitions of being the best in europe, i said it before and i will say again united must be the most patient top club in europe when it comes to waiting for players to come good, if anderson was at barca/madrid/bayern/milan he would of been sold like 3 seasons ago...............

111 passes vs Cluj. 88% accuracy.

I know they sat deeper than Rooneys thigh gash. but still, its not horrible by any stretch. He's been guilty of being to impatient, and trying the hollywood ball to try and create something, but that has'nt been nearly as bad recently. I think it'll be his year this year.

Home of Barca Fans