Manchester United

S7_MUFC

Dortmund are the hipster club and most people hate United so obviously dortmund did the right thing and we did the wrong thing haha.

Did you watch the game this morning?

Yup and I was also impressed with how calm Sam Jhonstone looked..He has done well in the lower leagues and isn't that far away from crappy keepers we are being linked with...

EdmondDantes

I took a peek at United's first pre-season friendly against America, and Schneiderlin and the young lad Pereira (I didn't know he was that quick) looked very impressive in the respective halves they played. Others looked underwhelming though.

Anyway, the match finished 1-0 to United.

Last edited:

Jenks

LVG is a gimp. His words about Valdes very disrespectful. He can only dream of winning what Valdes has at club level. Oh well Valdes can sleep well thinking of the two finals against the team that don't want him now :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't see what Valdes' trophy haul has to do with his unwillingness to be a team player at United.

BenRobbins

Yup and I was also impressed with how calm Sam Jhonstone looked..He has done well in the lower leagues and isn't that far away from crappy keepers we are being linked with...

Yeah i would like to see him promoted instead of signing romero personally but its a bit of a risk.

Martindn

That goal from break from CM shows how important Schneiderlin will be, Carrick hits a pass at him and he sets Rooney off easy as you like. Fellaini not even close.

Morten

Is it just me, or does United seems a bit desperate on the transfer market, well, ever since Fergie left? I just get this feeling that whatever kind of star-player that becomes "available", United will try to get said player. Position, age, wage demands or transfer fees, it doesnt matter, United is willing to do it, it seems. Very different from Fergie-era.

Jenks

Is it just me, or does United seems a bit desperate on the transfer market, well, ever since Fergie left? I just get this feeling that whatever kind of star-player that becomes "available", United will try to get said player. Position, age, wage demands or transfer fees, it doesnt matter, United is willing to do it, it seems. Very different from Fergie-era.

I think they're just flexing their muscle. I actually think this could be the start of where United become a top team like Madrid/Bayern/Barca etc. Money-wise there's no reason why they can't.

Martindn

Gee its almost like a change of management leads to a change in procedure who would of thought, especially coinciding with a downturn in performances and a big upswing in revenue. Besides big transfers and star players always bring brand exposure and shirt sales, it is a business at end of the day, if i remember right Di maria was the highest selling shirt in the premier league sales by far. Where did this "feeling" even come from what star players are we currently aiming for or do you mean in future, done pretty well this year could argue every signing so far has been needed seems odd to bring it up now.

Last edited:
De Gea signed a contract to play for United for a set number of years and there's nothing wrong with deciding not to renew and leaving once the contract expires. He's not obligated to play for United for any longer than he promised to. If anything he's been extremely professional about all this, he's expressed his desire to leave but he's not forcing the issue and doing everything he's expected to do as a player under contract. Wish more player would be like this instead of throwing hissy fits to get out of a contract they voluntarily agreed to.

As for the "United made him a star" comment that every United fan seems to be throwing about...don't pretend United turned him into a great player, he would have become a star no matter where he was at.

De Gea signed a contract to play for United for a set number of years and there's nothing wrong with deciding he wants to leave at the end.
I agree with you in that regard in de gea honoring his contract he's been 100% professional. He's from Spain he misses home, so go home by all means. I just don't think he should play for Real Madrid. It wasn't to long ago he said he would at the end of his career "return to athletico", I can understand why Man utd fans will feel hard done by.

I remeber de gea's 1st ever game in england. I was there and at half time Man Utd were 2-0 down against Man city, both goals were the fault of de gea. He then made a mistake in the subsequent game after, and in truth made mistakes all season through across the board. Man utd lost the league that year, and if there were 3 reasons why they lost it he would be one of them.

The point is during that game and all the games after, the Man utd fans and Sir Alex supported and protected him and now 2 years later when he is doing good and Man utd is rebuilding he wants to leave. He's entitled to leave but in some cultures this is defined as "asshole" like behavior. The very least he could do is allow the club to get a fair sum for his services.

It is so easy to say "he would of got there anyway" when they are already a star, but let's not forget the 100's of other footballers with bags of unfullfiled potential...

Last edited:

Morten

Gee its almost like a change of management leads to a change in procedure who would of thought, especially coinciding with a downturn in performances and a big upswing in revenue. Besides big transfers and star players always bring brand exposure and shirt sales, it is a business at end of the day, if i remember right Di maria was the highest selling shirt in the premier league sales by far. Where did this "feeling" even come from what star players are we currently aiming for or do you mean in future, done pretty well this year could argue every signing so far has been needed seems odd to bring it up now.

I guess since he was the new big star that year, but really, Di Maria is far from the most marketable player in the world, or PL for that matter. This "feeling" i have comes from the fact that United tries to get all these big players, even if they are unrealistic targets, too old, too expensive etc.
I mean, for me, the attempt on Ramos feels pretty desperate. A big star who has been at Madrid for many years, he is not getting any younger either, and apparently United is ready to give a player with little resale value wages Real Madrid doesnt?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
De Gea better hope for his sake his move to Madrid ends well, because I have a feeling this has the makings of a disaster.

Home of Barca Fans