Manchester United

Even with a meh defense, with guys like Falcao and Di Maria in the team and the amount of money Man U have spent this summer, not making top 4 will be a massive failure.

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

People can say what they want about the Premier league, but one thing you usually don't get in it is space. It's one of the reasons Kagawa tended to play well for us in Europe but not so much in the league. Not to say Messi wouldn't rip it up though.

Kagawa's problem was that he was mostly played on the wing, which is contrary to his strengths.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
People can say what they want about the Premier league, but one thing you usually don't get in it is space. It's one of the reasons Kagawa tended to play well for us in Europe but not so much in the league. Not to say Messi wouldn't rip it up though.

I disagree. I remember Torres saying that he was surprised on how much space you get in the PL during his time at Liverpool. A couple of other players who came from Spain to England have said the same thing. There must be something about it when more than one player say it.

Martindn

Even with a meh defense, with guys like Falcao and Di Maria in the team and the amount of money Man U have spent this summer, not making top 4 will be a massive failure.

Right now we cant create and we cant defend need to sort it sharpish or top 4 is a tough ask its a good thing Arsenal look fairly poor too. Going to have to rely on Di Maria a lot, Falcao will suffer what RVP and Rooney has for years a complete lack of service except more often than not poor crosses.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
We'll see if LVG has any impact on United's youth teams because they're showing no confidence in the development of talent

Unbiased United

I disagree. I remember Torres saying that he was surprised on how much space you get in the PL during his time at Liverpool. A couple of other players who came from Spain to England have said the same thing. There must be something about it when more than one player say it.

No point discussing it since our views are at polar opposites, but the PL is renown for players not having much time or space with the ball.

Unbiased United

We'll see if LVG has any impact on United's youth teams because they're showing no confidence in the development of talent

Januzaj, Wilson, Blackett, James? All now in the first team from our reserves. The thing is United really did need a quick fix, now more than ever. I'm still confident youth will get its chance, we've always been that type of club.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Why are you trying to pretend Adnan is a youth player of United?...Blackett is the only true youth team player for United

No point discussing it since our views are at polar opposites, but the PL is renown for players not having much time or space with the ball.

Silly assessment of the Premiership...It's renowned for pace & strength but not much space?...You really should watch some other football leagues

S7_MUFC

Why are you trying to pretend Adnan is a youth player of United?...Blackett is the only true youth team player for United

Silly assessment of the Premiership...It's renowned for pace & strength but not much space?...You really should watch some other football leagues

So by your logic Messi isn't a Barca youth player and La Masia is full of players who started elsewhere.....

Unbiased United

As the guy mentioned above that's just daft. So, unless a player starts off at root level at a club he can never be classed as a product of another teams system, even if they are the team that take him from promising youngster to first team regular? ...yeah okay fella.

Why should I? Did I at any point say that just because the PL is renown for it, that it isn't also the case in any other particular league? Like I said though, no point in debating it, you won't convince me otherwise just like I wont you.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Why should I? Did I at any point say that just because the PL is renown for it, that it isn't also the case in any other particular league? Like I said though, no point in debating it, you won't convince me otherwise just like I wont you.

Because without knowledge of other leagues your assessments come off as utter tosh...No space :lol:

F

Flavia

Compared to la liga, players have a lot of space and time with the ball. That's what made Cesc struggle so much here, but thrive in the epl.

S7_MUFC

Did any of the aforementioned players start at United when they were 13 or younger, apart from Blackett?
So, 13 year old is the boundary for a player to be classified as a youth product....It just feels like you are drawing a imaginary line to suit your argument...You signed Messi and other youth product just because of their extraordinary ability just like what we did with Adnan....and premier league teams can't train kids that live to far away(I think it's 30 mins drive or something) so in terms of kids the teams have very limited options compared to clubs like barca....

Cule4life

The Culest

Do you even La Liga? You know why Cesc struggled here while he's tearing up the EPL? Regarding Kagawa dont blame your managers inability to use him properly to the "lack of space in EPL".

Home of Barca Fans