Manchester City

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah Liverpool has lost something like 89m in the last 22 or so months. Unless they win the EPL this season they are screwed at the next investigation.

L

linetty

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/06/manchester-city-face-49m-fine-wa ge-cap-financial-fair-play

Can somebody post what the article says? I have it blocked at work.
Manchester City are facing Uefa sanctions for breaching financial fair play rules which would see the club limited to a 21-man Champions League squad instead of the usual 25 players next season.

City, who are still strongly challenging the settlement offer from Uefa, are also facing a fine in the region of €60m (£49m) over three years, and a cap imposed for next season to ensure there is no rise in this season's Champions League A squad wage bill.

The reduction in the size of the Champions League squad to 21 would potentially hit the club hardest, and City would also have to ensure that there are still eight locally-trained players in that A squad.

Press Association Sport understands the sanctions are very similar to those being handed to Paris Saint-Germain – the two clubs are among nine European sides being dealt with by Uefa's club financial control board for FFP breaches.

City have until the end of the week to reach an agreement with Uefa over the sanctions – but it is understood they are the club furthest away from reaching any final settlement.

If no agreement is reached City face the prospect of the case being handed to a panel for a non-negotiable decision.

Neither City nor Uefa would comment but it is understood the Manchester club have been negotiating forcefully for a significant reduction in that sanction but have been struggling to make progress.

The risk, however, is that if they are unable to agree a deal with Uefa then they could face even stiffer sanctions from the CFCB's adjudicatory panel.

No club is expected to be excluded from the Champions League for breaching the spending limits, the maximum possible sanction – the Uefa president Michel Platini said last month he does not envisage that to happen.

Both Manchester City and PSG are believed to have fallen foul of the FFP rules with sponsorship deals related to each clubs' owners.

Abu Dhabi-owned City have a £40m-a-year deal with Etihad Airways, while Qatar-owned PSG have a backdated deal with the Qatar Tourist Authority worth up to €200m (£165m) a year.

The French newspaper L'Equipe has reported that Uefa has ruled the QTA deal should be valued at only half that sum.

PaulTaylor

They should of Banned teams Blatter want's an even playing field for rules from Grass routes to the very top but a smaller team would be banned but they don't want to ban a big team. Plus how's Platini mean't to buy his new house without this Money

Alik

It looks like they're getting Negredo. Sad to see Sevilla lose both Navas and Negredo to them in the same summer. They have brought in a lot of money though.

Does anybody else think that these signings by City are a bit underwhelming? I havent seen much of Fernandinho so I can't really comment on him. However, I think Navas and Negredo are both good players but they're not world beaters and I'm not sure if they're really an upgrade on what they have at the moment. It appears that the cash isn't being thrown around as much as it used to be at City and it says a lot if they get Negredo instead of Cavani this summer.

I don't think City will be winning the PL/CL with players like Fernandinho and Negredo. Fernandinho is 28 years old and he's only got 5/6 caps.........

Whatever happens they'll do better than what they've done with Mancini before and his transfer policy.

Do better than 1 FA Cup and 1 League title in three seasons?

We'll see......

I told you so ;)

Home of Barca Fans