Mamadou Sakho

JamDav1982

looks like he really might be leaving.

WTF is wrong with Ancelotti?

perhaps he wants to join the French Revolution at Newcastle United? :)

although I could see him ending up at European Elite club like AC Milan, Juventus or Barcelona or Madrid.

Had a few bets on PSG last season ans without fail Sakho was terrible every time.

Nowhere near the class to play for the likes of Barcelona or Madrid.

Hatem Ben Arfa

He played 26 times, missed some through injury, and was then dropped and stripped of the captaincy due to his poor performances.

It was easy to see why. He was terrible in most of the games I watched.

ok so he started 22 times in Ligue 1.

if he had a bad season fine. i didn't watch much Ligue 1 last season. However i've seen the guy play in the flesh and he is different class and he is still 22.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Being linked with Lyon..

The France international has already said that he will be leaving Paris Saint-Germain if the club signs another defender this summer and Remi Garde is keen to bring the want away star to the Stade de Gerland

Yesterday, while talking to reporters, France international, Mamadou Sakho said that he will do anything possible to leave if Paris Saint-Germain signed another defender.

The centre-back, who is actually a product of the PSG youth academy, fell out of favour with Carlo Ancelotti in the final furlong of the 2011/2012 campaign, and since then, has been linked with a move away from the Parc des Princes.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Paris Saint-Germain centre back Mamadou Sakho (23) is Barcelona's alternative for David Luiz and Agger. The Frenchman would cost 15M [sport]

Der Kaiser

I'd take him for 15m, reasonable price and could turn into a decent player under Puyols guidence. We're not getting a WC defender so just take whats left and hope for the best.

Meitux

The point of getting someone rather than getting nobody is getting ridiculous. Whats the point of getting Sakho, a bad inconsistent player with big attitude problems who won't improve our defence with getting noone? Nothing really, better sign a player with potential that will improve himself and has the right attitude than him..

When a player can't get a place in a defence where Alex is ahaid of him, then something goes wrong.

mixer

Poll: "Would Sakho be a good transfer for Barça?" Yes 73% - No 27% #fcblive (online, 332 votes) [sport]

:facepalm:

Blaugrana Man

I love how people are saying that this guy can't improve our defense when our CB's last year included Bartra and Adriano on a fairly regular basis. Bartra might be Barca class in a few years, but come on now. Sahko gives us height, tenacity, and no-nonsense defense. That is what the Barca execs want because that is what Puyi brought to the pairing. Pique comes forward, gambles, and sometimes get caught out. Puyi was the muscle and the enforcer, and that is what Sakho brings. For 15 mil, its a steal. Sure, he had a crap season. But so did Pique, and people still seem to love him.

Give me a real CB over someone inexperienced and unproven like Bartra, or someone just genuinely out of position like Adriano. We can't expect to win the UCL with the same kind of backline mentality we had last year. A stop gap is so much better than just a gap.

mixer

I love how people are saying that this guy can't improve our defense when our CB's last year included Bartra and Adriano on a fairly regular basis. Bartra might be Barca class in a few years, but come on now. Sahko gives us height, tenacity, and no-nonsense defense. That is what the Barca execs want because that is what Puyi brought to the pairing. Pique comes forward, gambles, and sometimes get caught out. Puyi was the muscle and the enforcer, and that is what Sakho brings. For 15 mil, its a steal. Sure, he had a crap season. But so did Pique, and people still seem to love him.

Give me a real CB over someone inexperienced and unproven like Bartra, or someone just genuinely out of position like Adriano. We can't expect to win the UCL with the same kind of backline mentality we had last year. A stop gap is so much better than just a gap.
Of course he'd improve our defense, even a wooden post would...

He's just not the guy we really need... He's an option if we can't manage to get someone better

Home of Barca Fans