Malcom

YodaMaster

Maybe we are slowly getting the answers to posts from September and October when people asked: why isn't EV playing him?

BBZ being the ultimate opportunist as usual.
Malcom didn't play since november. I hope you knew that before starting to write your book.

You're talking about September and October, it's all good. Let's talk about August, do you remember that time when you were saying that Malcom is an alpha male who'll be better than Dembélé just by judging him on his physical appearance ? :lol:

Calm down kid.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
In what world is buying willian over malcom a good decision especially considering the prices quoted.
Valverde has shown nothing as a high level manager for him to be fully trusted in such matters, if it was up to him our squad would move from barca quality to Bilbao quality, we play like a mid-table club as it is already.

I totally agree there is somewhat of a disconnect but first and foremost we need a better manager....

BBZ8800

BBZ being the ultimate opportunist as usual.
Malcom didn't play since november. I hope you knew that before starting to write your book.

You're talking about September and October, it's all good. Let's talk about August, do you remember that time when you were saying that Malcom is an alpha male who'll be better than Dembélé just by judging him on his physical appearance ? :lol:

Calm down kid.

I said that he looked like alpha and determined based on his body language and a few videos from his presentation and when he had the first dinner with his teammates.

I had no clue, like 90% of our forum about his actual footballing abilities, which sadly, seems to be nowhere good enough for Barca's level.
It doesn't change anything regarding my post about mentality that Dembele still looks and acts like a kid and that Malcom looked more mature and alpha.

But still, being alpha won't help if you aren't good enough.

Look, in pre-Pep Barca, around 60-70% of our signings for 15-20 years were fails.
So, on average 2 out of 3 players signed for us, didn't reach expectations.

During Pep, everything changed for a few years because we have hit a jackpot with a core: Busi, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and we didn't need to buy AS much as in other eras.
And thus, even our transfer ratio of success improved since we needed less players and we were less desperate (unlike today with electoral signing Arda, panic buys Dembele and Coutinho, summer of 22 by Robert etc).

Now, after Pep, we are back to good old days where 60% of players are not good enough for us.
I know that you are from France and that you know more about Malcom than we do.

But still, probably around 0,1% of world's players are good enough for Barca.
The fact that Malcom is not among those rare guys is not a shame or an insult.

Also, this is Barca.
Remember my funny coins-theory.

You will get a certain amount of coins and chances.
Malcom, till now, didn't show too much and a number of his coins is getting close to zero.

A player like Dembele deserved more chances due to his insane talent.
A player like Malcom, with lesser talent, and with very weak performances will the most likely be sold already in a summer of 2019'.

That's not hating or anything.
Just a reality how hard is to make it at Barca.
How you won't get too many chances.
And how Barca needs to move on to new targets extremely fast.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

What did you see ?

I saw a player who played his first match since november. And his fifth match altogether for Barça...

This. People who are demanding his head or saying that his Barça career is over are either utter idiots or trolling. This game says nothing about any player at all. The whole team was pathetically bad. Maybe the worst guy out there compared to his price, reputation etc. was the €160 million euro signing called Coutinho that I recall certain users here where saying would fit like a glove while it looks like he will be one of the biggest flops in football history 1 year into his Barça career.

Malcom has played what, 300 minuts so far? That's what, a little over 4 full games?:lol: Yet he has scored 2 goals (1 of which was the quite important goal against Inter at the San Siro). Zero continuity, being played out of position etc. in a non-existing "system" etc. Yes, let us conclude that a 21 year old guy who was one of the most talented guys in Europe (attacking wise) last season, is a fraud.

I remember the same idiots or trolls saying the same about Dembélé 1 year ago. Some of the reactions on this forum are pathetic. Maybe users should calm down after games and think a little before typing. Either that or they have no clue whatsoever about football.

Last edited:

Jombi

Maybe we are slowly getting the answers to posts from September and October when people asked: why isn't EV playing him?

Because there is no way Messi will be benched or moved to a different position so Malcom can play. Thats blatantly obvious.

Tekkers

more goal threatening than dembele would ever be.. he got some shots on that left foot and he doesnt seem to hesitate the slightest before firing them. i am 100% percent malcom is going to be a starter (even more about his starter status than arthurs). he fit exactly what valverde has been looking for. better shooting than dembele (check) better stamina (check) more aggression (check) more runs behind opponents lines (check). Unless dembele finds a way to use his otherwise raw talent he is going to be another forgettable story. i hope not. i am sure of one thing 100% that most cules would like to deny. one of the two at least is destined for not making it here. there is no way in hell both would thrive under valverde.

man this post truly aged like shit

Much2soon

What I saw today is exactly what I would expect from a player who's playing his first game after being out a couple months.

Being down 2-nil before the 20th minute also does not help, which allowed Levante to play much more defensive and on the counter.

Porque

Malcom was bad. Coutinho was worse. Are we going to suggest Coutinho is a poor player aswell?

It is clear players who are not part of the initial 11 are struggling to find their role in the team.

khaled_a_d

He needs to work on his finishing, if he makes it here it is likely going to be in a pedro role where he will be the guy that get chances based on his off the ball movement and finishing.
His dribbling and creating ability isn't really good enough against parking the bus teams

Arizona Scott

When Malcolm got set up on that free run I was kind of expecting further burst & separation like you see with Mbappe, Dembele, Bale, Liverpool wings, City wings, etc.

I didn't see that, so it means his technique and clinical skills need to get a whole lot better for him to be Barca quality.

Home of Barca Fans