Malcom

Arizona Scott

The CDR with Levante is a good tie to give Malcolm 2 games. Not the stakes of Liga or CL but will be decent competition--the kind to evaluate if he might be counted on for more meaningful minutes later in the year.

Neeraj

If someone as shit as Munir could be played 9, why can't Malcolm? He's just better than Munir at everything. While that doesn't say much because Munir is garbage, I think he'd make an interesting 9 for us, in Copa and lesser games. We don't play with a holding striker anyway, Suarez loses everything that comes his way, so we might as well try a different pace based striker. Wizz those through balls through and let him get onto them - he seems to be decently physical too.

Jombi

If someone as shit as Munir could be played 9, why can't Malcolm? He's just better than Munir at everything. While that doesn't say much because Munir is garbage, I think he'd make an interesting 9 for us, in Copa and lesser games. We don't play with a holding striker anyway, Suarez loses everything that comes his way, so we might as well try a different pace based striker. Wizz those through balls through and let him get onto them - he seems to be decently physical too.

Maybe we can try him there, but he has never played as a 9 in his career though. Not even a single game in Brazil and this is his sixth senior season.

Leo_Messi

He has to simply start on Thursday. He should have as much playing time in the CdR as possible. A bit of continuity will do him wonders. As for any other player. It would also be important to give him a run of games so he could gain more confidence and further prove his worth. I thought that the goal against Inter could be a turnaround but sadly he got injured a few days after in the CdR game at home against Cultural Leonesa where he also scored 1 goal.

He could become a very important substitute at the end of the season or even a starter. If Valverde was just braver and more of a visionary. Alas.

I for once look very much forward to watching Malcom in action as he is a great talent but also an unknown for now.

Givenchy

hes either a terrible player who looked good due to Ligue 1 or EV is a fucking idiot who has no idea how to man manage.. ill go with the latter. lets trade him for Willian so Ernie stops sulking

clemente

lmao he is a winger that can stretch the wings and cut inside but is being played as a second striker to Dembele, not his fault he is being played in the most pathetic system possible, if GK didn't save that goal everyone would praise him.

BBZ8800

Maybe we are slowly getting the answers to posts from September and October when people asked: why isn't EV playing him?

There's a quite a decent chance:
1. that he is a decent player, but nowhere near good enough for Barca's level
2. that a coach and his staff have realized that quite soon on training grounds because he was probably way weaker than all other attacking options (even Denise)
The same as with Alena.
Maybe coach really knows the best in the end?

People will give alibies like: he is not playing etc.
Still, have you see any glimpses of a genius in a few matches where he played for us?
A genius for Barca's level?

People will reply: but why have we bought him then?
= well, because we have no vision as a club.

EV wants Willian.
Abidal wants Malcom.
Barto wants Coutinho and Dembele.

Then a coach doesn't get players whom he wants and needs to do "something" our of random panic buys and "random market opportunities" to create a playable team.

You guys will say that it is not true, but it is.
I will pull an analogy.
Imagine that any of you guys who are hard core fans of Pep's football (let's say Konan, DonAk, Sumlit) would be hired as a coach tomorrow.
And you say: I want this, this and this player.

Yet the board sells half of players and your only midfield options left are:
1. Busquets
2. Rakitic
3. Vidal
4. Rabiot
5. Rafinha

And now you guys sit on a bench and think: fuck this shit... I wanted to play TikiTaka football with let's say Busi-Arthur and a new midfield signing.
Yet, the board and a director sold "my guy Arthur" and bought Rabiot.
Wtf am I supposed to do now? How to play my desired style of football and how to execute my ideas with fast off the ball movement, triangles and possession with Rabiot and Rakitic, ouch?

Well, to some extent, EV (no matter how good or bad he is) is in the same boat.
I know, I know, he doesn't have a clear system, yadda yadda yadda.

But, for a second guys, would you be able to create YOUR system and play as nice and as good as you want with players who are nowhere near your ideas (like Rabiot, Rakitic in the example from above)?
You wanted Busi-Arthur and let's say Thiago.
And you are left with Busi-Rakitic-Vidal/Rabiot.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans