Malcom

henias

It's tiresome to read swathes of posts by constantly same groups of the 'professionally outraged' that latch onto any decision of the manager in the current climate. If there was a video where Valverde farted on the training ground people would probably be writing about him trying to poison his players, literally this time. What a bunch of sheepism :lol:

Goes both ways. Cant wait for more excuses that changes along seasons. It's more tiresome to read the holier than thou rants how fans are entitled little pricks that cannot have their side of opinions. Constantly portraying this victim image isnt gonna help it either.

Porque

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]

I am not going to touch much upon Arthur because this is about Malcom. The point is that it is Valverde's job to adapt these players to the first team and get them performing as quickly as possible.

The financial investment further backs up that the technical staff have invested time and resources to bring the first team coach (who happens to be Valverde right now) the best player according to budget and availability to fit the clubs needs.

There is no point to spend 40m+ on a player only to have him behind Munir who has shown as much or less since pre-season (don't mention his LaLiga goal- Gaspart could of scored that one). Having Munir in that spot just means one thing, that we downgraded by sending Paco Alcacer out on loan and wasted 40m.

If these players do not get time at the start of the season when there is lower pressure, then god forbid how they will perform when they come on out of the blue when there is an injury or Valverde gives them his "fail" minutes. I remember before that managers like Rijkaard and to a lesser extent Pep, would rotate at the start of the seasons (sometimes a bit too much) so that everybody had a chance to earn their starting place. Then gradually as we approached the business end, the team would mould to the starting 11 and then the qualified performers became first subs and lower pressure starting options while those who didn't perform (the Songs, Ezquerros, Afellays) gradually fazed to the shitca*n minutes and La Copa.

Here the fact is this, the only new signings given full confidence by Valverde have been Paulinho (31), Coutinho (26) and seemingly Vidal (31). No doubt Willian would have been the same and more than likely starting ahead of Dembele.

I will quickly mention Alenya. I can be more patient with him. No pre-season and just back from injury. He looked a bit clunky in the B team games I watched so he needs match time. 20 minutes here and there when the game is won is the best for him at the moment with 90 minutes at the B team. Not to forget that he has never really performed when coming on for the first team, bar a lovely Copa goal against crappy opposition.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

This guy wanted Willian over Malcom. And you trust his judgement :lol:

Should have stopped reading here.

Lol, Willian or Malcom is a no brainer, except in terms of overpaying Willian.
A proven top class player, several years playing for Chelsea, one of the best Brasilians at a World cup vs Malcom about whom we know nothing and who could easily end a total fail, except a good old: he is young and has potential :lucho:

It seems his fanboys have conveniently forgotten the pity sub for Gomes

It works both ways.
You forget that he didn't play Mina, Denis, Digne, Paco, Deulofeu too much.
How about that?

Was he Fraudverde even in cases of Denis, Paco, Deulo, or he showed that he actually "gets" player's skills?

El Gato

Villarato!
Luckily we got people like you and garrus on the other side of the pendulum that accept everything they get handed out by everyone no matter how big that pile of shit is like a bunch of cucks. So thanks for balancing out the "outrage".

Yeap, many prefer not to be as arrogant as to assume we're smarter than the manager and see something he's SO OBVIOUSLY NOT SEEING. At least when there is no evidence that Malcom is going to be some freak that's hot AF and there is injustice being done to him.

[MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION]
With Denis you could for instance argue that he understands the ins and outs of Barcelona as an institution. All Malcom has known so far was Bordeaux on some hopelessly low wage. You don't just automatically elevate the guy by a couple of tens of thousands and give him a bench with a task of saving the style of Barca in one of the biggest clubs in the world because he's had a few good months of football.

I for one simply argue I don't know what kind of guy Malcom is behind the scenes and know just as little about him as a football player. He can either be the nicest guy that's treated like shit for no reason or he can be your usual run-of-the-mill Brazillian who crashes and burns in 3-4 years after he joined a top tier club. No Cule can claim to know much more, because he has only surfaced in 2018. Hence I believe Valverde is the better judge of the situation than some arrogant outraged numbskulls from an online forum.

[MENTION=22412]henias[/MENTION]
Love you too bruh. I don't mind people voicing their opinions, never stopped them from doing so. Similarly I'm free as a bird to mock the shit out of them. Especially since I'm cool as a cucumber while doing so and they're running, thumping and can't take their fingers off the exclamation mark key on their keyboards <3

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
It's tiresome to read swathes of posts by constantly same groups of the 'professionally outraged' that latch onto any decision of the manager in the current climate:lol:

It's way more tiresome to read swathes of posts by constantly same groups of the 'managers pets' that latch onto any decision of the manager as God's will and never question it. No wonder Madridistas like you and holier than thou parrots like Garrus get along so well

If there was a video where Valverde farted on the training ground people would probably be writing about him trying to poison his players, literally this time. What a bunch of sheepism :lol:

If there was a video where Valverde literally poisoned our players you people would be writing that he's trying to strengthen their digestive systems. What a bunch of sheepism :lol:

(Doesn't make sense? It makes as much sense as what you wrote)

Aside the tactical side of things, I think it's even simpler - dude hasn't done anything to deserve to be a part of the team.

What can he do from the bench? What have Denis and Rafinha done? What has Pique done? What had Gomes done?

What has Trump done? (Again makes as much sense as what you posted)

He came in as a talented player with a decent price tag that people thought would be an immediate fix to the team's fugly style. Nowt more. That's the rationale as to why he should even be getting game time.

Literally no one though that. And btw that fugly style is your favorite Trojan horse Valverde's doing.

There are a plenty of talented players who make the move and don't hack it.

You can't say a player doesn't hack it without giving him a chance to prove himself.

Managers have their reasons and if I was Valverde I'd probably go with my instinct too, certainly not change my mind about the player because the Camp Nou crowd doesn't like what they're seeing.

He followed his instinct with Gomes. So don't be surprised if his instinct doesn't hold much water with cules (not Madridistas :lol:)

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
What the fuck is this. He's our only good backup winger and an offensive game changer, he still doesn't get called up.

Devils

Bad example, because sadly 34 years old Iniesta would make this team better than current 21 years old Dembele, he is thouroughly missed atm specially when with Coutinho a bit in no man's land regarding his position.

You only prove my point further with this post. For mangers like EV short term solutions >> Long term vision.

Iniesta might be a better short term solution, but long term, and over the course of the season, the team would much better benefit from a developed and integrated Dembele.

-Pep takes Stones or Sterling who initially looked like donkeys under him and let them make their mistakes but insisted on playing those players who they could develop. Now they are significantly better players than before.

-Zidane did it with Casemeiro, Asensio and Varane to an extent

-Klopp took a young Firmino and turned him into a killer striker despite him struggling as a forward the season before. .

These managers had tremendous benefits from the chances they offered these players, even when they made mistakes. The difference between your view and the managers mentioned above would be that they would accept that it would be more beneficial to develop the likes of Dembele, Malcolm or Arthur and reap the awards than go for what is easy and instant and play Iniesta.

khaled_a_d

You only prove my point further with this post. For mangers like EV short term solutions >> Long term vision.

Iniesta might be a better short term solution, but long term, and over the course of the season, the team would much better benefit from a developed and integrated Dembele.

-Pep takes Stones or Sterling who initially looked like donkeys under him and let them make their mistakes but insisted on playing those players who they could develop. Now they are significantly better players than before.

-Zidane did it with Casemeiro, Asensio and Varane to an extent

-Klopp took a young Firmino and turned him into a killer striker despite him struggling as a forward the season before. .

These managers had tremendous benefits from the chances they offered these players, even when they made mistakes. The difference between your view and the managers mentioned above would be that they would accept that it would be more beneficial to develop the likes of Dembele, Malcolm or Arthur and reap the awards than go for what is easy and instant and play Iniesta.

Non of those really sacrificed team success for the sake of those players, so no I am not proving your point.
Pep paid 80M for a CB entering his prime in Laporte when he didn't like Stones that much, he added Sane when he had Sterling even though it affected Sterling development a bit, even now there are rumors he is furious with his own guy Meny. Pep benched Bojan a lot when he didn't like him either.
Varane and Cadameiro? who was better playerthan them? Casameiro is one of the best DM in the world and he was already starting to show that with Benetez and Zidane just used him more.
Iniesta would add more compusure to the team than Dembel who has been off form, he had moments but it was just moments. Pep won't play him if there was a better player for the success of the team and surely neither do Zidane.

We are actually playing 433 over more profound and balanced 442 to accomodate Dembele and we are honestly suffering from it atm. our midfielders looks worse, our right side looks worse, our defense is more exposed etc.
Sure there are a long list of under performer, but Dembele is one of them and EV is sticking to him.

Last edited:

henias

Non of those really sacrificed team success for the sake of those players, so no I am not proving your point.
Pep paid 80M for a CB entering his prime in Laporte when he didn't like Stones that much, he added Sane when he had Sterling even though it affected Sterling development a bit, even now there are rumors he is furious with his own guy Meny. Pep benched Bojan a lot when he didn't like him either.
Varane and Cadameiro? who was better playerthan them? Casameiro is one of the best DM in the world and he was already starting to show that with Benetez and Zidane just used him more.
Iniesta would add more compusure to the team than Dembel who has been off form, he had moments but it was just moments. Pep won't play him if there was a better player for the success of the team and surely neither do Zidane.

We are actually playing 433 over more profound and balanced 442 to accomodate Dembele and we are honestly suffering from it atm. our midfielders looks worse, our sight side looks worse, our defense is more exposed etc.
Sure there are a long list of under performer, but Dembele is one of them and EV is sticking to him.

442 didnt look any better as well. There were constant lack of energy and pace that costs us games too. Defence has always looked very shaky in big games. Our attack was also toothless with 442. No movements to break opponents. Couldnt counter attack as well. The main issue is the crux of our system is weak, and we dont know how to approach games.

433 wasnt to accomodate Dembele, but to explore more of our attacking side and it just wasnt executed well enough.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Yeap, many prefer not to be as arrogant as to assume we're smarter than the manager and see something he's SO OBVIOUSLY NOT SEEING. At least when there is no evidence that Malcom is going to be some freak that's hot AF and there is injustice being done to him.

[MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION]
With Denis you could for instance argue that he understands the ins and outs of Barcelona as an institution. All Malcom has known so far was Bordeaux on some hopelessly low wage. You don't just automatically elevate the guy by a couple of tens of thousands and give him a bench with a task of saving the style of Barca in one of the biggest clubs in the world because he's had a few good months of football.

I for one simply argue I don't know what kind of guy Malcom is behind the scenes and know just as little about him as a football player. He can either be the nicest guy that's treated like shit for no reason or he can be your usual run-of-the-mill Brazillian who crashes and burns in 3-4 years after he joined a top tier club. No Cule can claim to know much more, because he has only surfaced in 2018. Hence I believe Valverde is the better judge of the situation than some arrogant outraged numbskulls from an online forum.

Malcom was brought in to strengthen the squad so that deadweights like the likes of Denis , Aleix , Gomes etc wouldnt be sitting on the bench and from there on out see how he performs when he gets to have minutes. He got his minutes against Leganes and he wasn't bad and he got rewarded by getting left out of the squad the next game against Bilbao.

This type behaviour is shown by Valverde multiple times last season and the gravest one being Dembele getting benched (against Atletico) 2 games later after having a stellar performance against Chelsea while also subbing Gomes in and leaving Dembele on the bench. This is me not acting arrogant(rich coming from you :lol:) but just seeing this pattern play itself out multiple times , Its rather you being ignorant and acting like you have been following this Barca heavily the last 2 seasons.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
So we're back to "but but we need to go back to 4-4-2" conveniently forgetting that were similarly toothless in that formation and were dependent on Messi on bailing us out. The difference is that we had luck on our side then which has run out now. The problem is the manager not the formation.

Garrus

Luckily we got people like you and garrus on the other side of the pendulum that accept everything they get handed out by everyone no matter how big that pile of shit is like a bunch of cucks. So thanks for balancing out the "outrage".
Irrespective of weather i’m ultimately wrong or right about the reasons for malcom’s constant exclusions, I at least attempted to make rationales based on our current system and tactics, Squad available, And the problems the team is facing as of late, And made efforts to tie my reasonings to the real world, Not on my subjective feelings, But the main point of my post, Is that there is no pendulum, As there was no one on the other side, Providing tactical and systemic reasons on why malcom should be included and how he can improve us.

Let’s take a look at your post for example, It’s trash, In every definition of what a trash post is, It’s a merely three lines, Where all you accomplished in it is:

1- Tried to find a reason to use the word sh**
2- Called me and others cuc**

Your post is a gold example of the type of the extremely low quality replies that is prevelant on this forums, And one of the reasons I don’t post here more often, Absolutely embarrassing.

Devils

We are actually playing 433 over more profound and balanced 442 to accomodate Dembele and we are honestly suffering from it atm. our midfielders looks worse, our sight side looks worse, our defense is more exposed etc.

You're making it more complicated than it is. The point is simple:

Those managers took young players with a lot of potential and elevated them to players who brought those teams trophies and competing in finals against the top competitors in Europe. Whether they were top players already or not, they managed to raise those players levels.

What is morel like you? 1) Dembele, Arthur, Malcolm, Semedo, Alena, are all like Bojan level talents and we'd be better off discarding them for the old gaurd or b) Our manager doesn't know how develop and exploit their potential?

Which also brings to light, which one of our players has actually improved under EV? I can't name a single player. You can't make a reasonable claim that any player has improved under him and by the looks of it, many of them have actually regressed.

So you have a squad with some world class players, some great players and some young talented players. Yet none of them have improved under this manager. So if no one is improving, the obvious choice is to go with the old reliable options on the table. and that's exactly what you get with EV.

Home of Barca Fans