Malcom

serghei

I think Messi and Suarez could be rested in 5-6 La Liga games at least with this squad. We should be able to rest properly by the end of next january considering the talent we have all around. Now it's up to Valverde to not fuck it up.

Andrew M

I had a deja vu with that last sentence.

Remember in season 2016-2017, When we signed Umtiti, Paco, Gomes, Digne, Cillesen, With the exception of Cillesen, All were 22 years old, All of them had great future potential, And with us having the best trident in the world, We also at that time, Thought we had the complete squad, And many of us expected a treble.............And that never happened, Not in that season, Or the next.

If i were you, I would be cautiously optimistic, At most.

The only truly disappointing signing there is Gomes. Paco was always just a backup at best.

Sorin

Should sell Messi, Busqets and co tbf. Only then we will achieve winning trophies. Until then we'll probably have tumbleweeds rolling around in our trophy cabinet just like last year.

El Gato

Villarato!
[MENTION=5226]Wolfe[/MENTION], quite bold words my friend. Nobody knows exactly where we are. We could win the treble next season or end up trophyless. Madrid sort of in the same spot. Big transition period for both clubs. Atletico can take advantage. It's gonna be a hell of a La Liga.

Well, yes, obviously. Liga will be more interesting than last year for sure. Barca are always better geared for the Liga anyway. The outgoing generation were better at winning it, the newer generation will be better in domestic competition than the European ones they've never played in. At least if we're talking normal expectations. Any of Lenglet, Arthur, Semedo, Coutinho could excel here. I personally don't think there's still anybody to break through the dogma of senior leaders and only getting regularly outperformed will give them a reality check. Can any of the above do that? Who knows...

Jombi

Well, yes, obviously. Liga will be more interesting than last year for sure. Barca are always better geared for the Liga anyway. The outgoing generation were better at winning it, the newer generation will be better in domestic competition than the European ones they've never played in. At least if we're talking normal expectations. Any of Lenglet, Arthur, Semedo, Coutinho could excel here. I personally don't think there's still anybody to break through the dogma of senior leaders and only getting regularly outperformed will give them a reality check. Can any of the above do that? Who knows...

Its up to Valverde to show that leadership and bench older players who are in decline and dont perform to the required standards anymore. Suarez and Pique cant simply expect to play no matter how they perform.

serghei

I think the thing that stands in front of these players making it big is also Valverde. In short, if a guy like Valverde would've been in charge in 2008 he would've never turned the status quo upside down, selling some major players and locker-room giants in that team. 2009 Barca would've never been born because he would've lacked the courage to make the bold moves. He would've played it safe trying to sort of bring Ronaldinho, Deco and the others to a better but still not enough level.

This team at this moment warrants a manager making bold moves in favor of some new guns.

Andrew M

Its up to Valverde to show that leadership and bench older players who are in decline and dont perform to the required standards anymore. Suarez and Pique cant simply expect to play no matter how they perform.

So who is going to bench Suarez and still score 30 goals?

Truthist

Anyone who has consistently seen him play post a review? From the looks of it he looks a bit of a Douglas Costa but I've never seen him play a full game.

Andrew M

I think the thing that stands in front of these players making it big is also Valverde. In short, if a guy like Valverde would've been in charge in 2008 he would've never turned the status quo upside down, selling some major players and locker-room giants in that team. 2009 Barca would've never been born because he would've lacked the courage to make the bold moves. He would've played it safe trying to sort of bring Ronaldinho, Deco and the others to a better but still not enough level.

This team at this moment warrants a manager making bold moves in favor of some new guns.

If only Valverde had a 21 year old Messi waiting to be unleashed

Devils

Di4xLTBX0AEAjaJ.jpg:large

Unreal player.

serghei

If only Valverde had a 21 year old Messi waiting to be unleashed

Pep did way more than just unleashing Messi. Brought life in the whole team. That was Basically a whole different animal. New blood in every area, and a style of play to benefit them all.

Kul_z

I had a deja vu with that last sentence.

Remember in season 2016-2017, When we signed Umtiti, Paco, Gomes, Digne, Cillesen, With the exception of Cillesen, All were 22 years old, All of them had great future potential, And with us having the best trident in the world, We also at that time, Thought we had the complete squad, And many of us expected a treble.............And that never happened, Not in that season, Or the next.

If i were you, I would be cautiously optimistic, At most.

We never had any depth with that squad, and that trident was as much of a blessing but also a burden. Right now, mats, pique, umtiti, alba, busi, rakitic, coutinho, messi, suarez all world class, or contenders for best in their position. Add semedo, lenglet, roberto, dembele, malcolm, arthur, vermaelen, cillesen and lets hope we sign someone like thiago, midlefielder is a must and actually i think we havent been that complete in years. For real, on paper that roster looks quite frightening and scary, something we lacked last seasons. My gut tells me we could play some beautiful football next season at least!

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
His left foot is an absolute rocket. He really can strike the ball with power. We now have two amazing long distance shooters in him and Coutinho.

Andrew M

Pep did way more than just unleashing Messi. Brought life in the whole team. That was Basically a whole different animal. New blood in every area, and a style of play to benefit them all.

Yes Pep did a fantastic job. But it's ok saying get rid of senior pros when you know you have someone like Messi around. We ditch Suarez and play who exactly? Dembele gonna score 30 goals?

Home of Barca Fans