Malcom

BarçaBarça

We truly have a Brazilian obsession. Vinicius + Rodrigo was Real Madrids retaliation for us getting Neymar, and the minute Paulinho is gone we get 2 new Brazilians.

Better to buy him than Willian who is too old, but I came to think about Martial. Wouldn't he has been the better choice?
If we assume they would go for the same price, Martial has proved himself with similar stats to Malcom in a better league and in a system that doesn't favour him.
Not a huge difference, and we shouldn't have a french bias to replace the brazilian bias, but it could be worth thinking about. To be Brazilian shouldn't be a quality-mark in itself, although that seems to be the case for both Real and Barca :thinking:

Joan

Martial would never come for 40 mil we paid for Malcom. He's got practically 2 years left of him contract.

abiabi

We truly have a Brazilian obsession. Vinicius + Rodrigo was Real Madrids retaliation for us getting Neymar, and the minute Paulinho is gone we get 2 new Brazilians.

Better to buy him than Willian who is too old, but I came to think about Martial. Wouldn't he has been the better choice?
If we assume they would go for the same price, Martial has proved himself with similar stats to Malcom in a better league and in a system that doesn't favour him.
Not a huge difference, and we shouldn't have a french bias to replace the brazilian bias, but it could be worth thinking about. To be Brazilian shouldn't be a quality-mark in itself, although that seems to be the case for both Real and Barca :thinking:

Your whole post is based on the hilarious notion we bought Malcom because he's Brazilian in response to Vincius. Please....

Jakabor

I don't know this Vinicius guy he may be a diver but in that video the United player did slap him in the face. There was a contact. Not really a dive.

You've got to be kidding? He throws himself to the ground like he was shot. Your understanding of diving is messed up then. Classifying something as diving doesn't require no contact. A dive can definitely be with contact. Here Vinicius acts pathetic in his overreacting to being touched in the face. 100 % a dive.

He is basically Christiano 2.0

[youtube]qwh1CHJ7kXk[/youtube]

EdmondDantes

We never signed Malcom or Arthur because of their nationality. To suggest so is a bit foolish. We scout players for years, Malcom for instance, since 2014.

Arthur made South America's team of the season and was elected Man of the Match in the Libertadores final. Even the Argentinian press loves him as a player. He was signed based on talent, potential and performances, not his country of birth.

Plus, I don't get people's obsession with buying Manchester United flops. They're in an awful state, why bring any of their mediocre players here? Martial did nothing at Monaco, had a bit of a purple patch under Van Gaal and has been irrefutably poor for two consecutive seasons. He's also known to have terrible off-the-ball movement, lack of game intelligence (which is something the French press brought up when United signed him), he's also sulky and lazy, by some accounts even bordering on unprofessional.

His agent tried to drum up a bit of interest but no one bit, and I think there's a reason why.

Plus there's no such thing as French bias either, we signed Dembele, Umtiti and Lenglet because they're great players, not because they're from France. Matthieu and Digne were worthy squaddies too.

BarçaBarça

We never signed Malcom or Arthur because of their nationality. To suggest so is a bit foolish. We scout players for years, Malcom for instance, since 2014.
Arthur made South America's team of the season and was elected Man of the Match in the Libertadores final. Even the Argentinian press loves him as a player. He was signed based on talent, potential and performances, not his country of birth.
Plus, I don't get people's obsession with buying Manchester United flops. They're in an awful state, why bring any of their mediocre players here? Martial did nothing at Monaco, had a bit of a purple patch under Van Gaal and has been irrefutably poor for two consecutive seasons. He's also known to have terrible off-the-ball movement, lack of game intelligence (which is something the French press brought up when United signed him), he's also sulky and lazy, by some accounts even bordering on unprofessional.
His agent tried to drum up a bit of interest but no one bit, and I think there's a reason why.
Plus there's no such thing as French bias either, we signed Dembele, Umtiti and Lenglet because they're great players, not because they're from France. Matthieu and Digne were worthy squaddies too.

Of course we scout our players for years, I know that. It is just, that it seems to me, that we need to fill the squad with a certain ‘Brazilian quota’ and I suspect it is because of marketing-purposes. Maybe we can at least agree that being Brazilian enhances your chances of getting here? Paulinho buy + return is great business to get both Brazilians and the upcoming Chinese markets to focus on our club. That surely played a part in that transfer (as well as Paulinhos abilities). Imo, there isn’t anything wrong with Brazilians, I hope any new player has success with us, and I surely hope he gets better than Martial. I don’t have any particular preference for him, he just seemed like a similar profile. Anyway, hijacking Monchis deals is always a fine idea, so keep on doing that :lol:

Havesaks

Martial would cost like 60m i guess even tho the contract expires next year. I think we made the right choice buying Malcom, Dembele can easily play on the left when Coutinho doesnt. But then again, i think Countiho-Martial fit better than Coutinho-Dembele.

Tekkers

The Malcolm hype is real in this forum. I hope Barca sell Dembele then we will see who will have a better career.

dembele at psg under tuchel and partnered alongside mbappe would be frightening

hope if it comes down to it the board sticks with dembele and parts way with this manager

but malcom looks a real nice player

Total-Football

dembele at psg under tuchel and partnered alongside mbappe would be frightening

hope if it comes down to it the board sticks with dembele and parts way with this manager

but malcom looks a real nice player

if they were this frightening together deschamp would have loved to scare opponents to death in the world cup.

Home of Barca Fans