Malcom

TitoTata

Banned
Malcom is 21, Dembele is 21 and Arthur also 21. I would think they will develop much better in smaller teams and join big clubs at the age of 23+ unless we have a manager who believes in young talents and not afraid to give them bigger starting roles like Pep, Klopp or even Zidane. This would be my only concern under Valverde.
Given Valverde played Coutinho out of position and didn't even play Dembele when he'd recovered from injury .. I'm baffled as to why two talented youngsters like these have chosen Barca .. Money maybe ?

BBZ8800

So RM have been acting like a small team like Porto for a decade or more now according to this logic, because of all these young players they buy, and Vinicius and Rodrygo and Casemiro is a sign of that? Who else did they buy from South America? Higuain? Lucas Silva? Marcelo? We bought Neymar, which I am sure you were against as well as you always are. You simply can not with a straight face say that we are buying too many young players and instead urging us to sign players looking for their final contract while praising RM who do the exact opposite.

DonAk and some told me that I am ruining their fun, so let's stop for a while, enjoy a hype, and let's wait for his first minutes.
Then we'll whine.

I have no idea why are you putting the transfers of Cr7 aged 24, Bale 24, Kroos 24 in the same bracket as transfers of Dembele, Malcom, Vinicius and Rodrygo.
First 3 are proven players on their prime, the 2nd for are... well, you'll understand soon.

I don't have too much hope for either of the last 4, since they came to Real/Barca too soon in their career, plus with some of them it is highly questionable whether do they actually possess allround skills for Real and Barca, but people are blinded by a few flashy attacking skills.

Let's hope that I am wrong.
Either way, we'll get some hints from matches very soon.

Last edited:

clemente

Given Valverde played Coutinho out of position and didn't even play Dembele when he'd recovered from injury .. I'm baffled as to why two talented youngsters like these have chosen Barca .. Money maybe ?

All they know is our name and that its their childhood dream to play for us, they didn't know that our manager is the sorriest most insecure manager we've ever had, but they will find out soon.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

What are you talking about? If you are trolling, I warn you, cut it out.

George_Costanza

The board should evaluate Valverde's first season and make some demands just like any other organization, especially if he holds on to the two striker system. This club spent almost 360m on four players (Coutinho, Dembele, Arthur, and Malcom) so as not to play them or play them out of position shouldn't be tolerated.

Messi983

EV has played Coutinho out of position to get both him and Iniesta in the lineup. Now that Iniesta is not here anymore Coutinho will play LM (or LCM in 4-3-3) so Dembele will have every chance to establish himself in best XI as RM/RW. It's up to him to stay healthy and play at expected level. If he will then he'll play a lot if not it's his fault though most people will obviously blame EV.

Raketa10

The board should evaluate Valverde's first season and make some demands just like any other organization, especially if he holds on to the two striker system. This club spent almost 360m on four players (Coutinho, Dembele, Arthur, and Malcom) so as not to play them or play them out of position shouldn't be tolerated.

What are you talking about? Coutinho was played on the right because of Iniesta and Dembele was playing majority of games but he was clearly out of shape after the injury so of course he couldn't start every game. Please stop overreacting.

Joan

EV has played Coutinho out of position to get both him and Iniesta in the lineup. Now that Iniesta is not here anymore Coutinho will play LM (or LCM in 4-3-3) so Dembele will have every chance to establish himself in best XI as RM/RW. It's up to him to stay healthy and play at expected level. If he will then he'll play a lot if not it's his fault though most people will obviously blame EV.

Fraudverde apologist, no?

henias

Nah, he played Iniesta even though he could be rested for UCL matches but didnt. Not a very good excuse.

George_Costanza

What are you talking about? Coutinho was played on the right because of Iniesta and Dembele was playing majority of games but he was clearly out of shape after the injury so of course he couldn't start every game. Please stop overreacting.

Let us think rationally here pls, Dembele just joined us last season and was injured for most of the season. So it's not like he has cemented his position as RW and because of his injury, we played another player out of position to cover that spot. One should ask, who was playing RW before Dembele?

Second, both Neymar (who played as LW) and Iniesta co-existed and played well. Neymar leaves, we buy Coutinho as his replacement, where should Coutinho play? Logically LW, not RW as his preferred position in Liverpool. So the front 3 should have been Coutinho-Suarez-Messi.

Not overreacting (not sure what that means) but thinking logically to get the best out of our players.

BBZ8800

Would you have the same demands for let's say 40M Paulinho (if he would have been benched), or let's say, 75M Willian?
Imagine if we bought Willian and he was benched, would people scream: "Willian needs to play! We need wingers!", or this applies only when a player is YOUNG and TECHNICAL?

Also, why is a 40M Arthur on the list, and a 35M Lenglet NOT on the list?
Why a 40m signing HAS to play, and you don't care about a 35M guy Lenglet?

So, basically, only SOME signings are "special", they need to play no matter what, we need to integrate them as soon as possible and EV should be fired if exactly THOSE golden guys are not playing?

So, some players of our team are more important than others, even though their price is the same, or even if, let's say, they don't play good at all (or we haven't seen a minute of their play ever)?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans