Malcom

Stoichkov1

Well , what does outshine means in your book . Playing attacking football ? Then what the heck are we debating. I have been explaining for hours that, what Simeone achieved i repeat achieved is much above everything that Pep has done with city and Bayern . I don't have to take in to account two Cl finals that simeone reached . Just La liga title with a inferior squad compared to Bayern and city is enough to put Simeone's achievement over Pep's projects in City and Bayern . It's 5:00 am here in India , and i haven't slept yet . If you are still gonna repeat the same ,please i don't want a reply for this post

You're still comparing Simeone Atletico with Pep Bayern and City when I said that City and Barca Pep>Simeone Atletico.

Tekkers

You're willing to give six seasons to Vinicius and five to Rodrygo (by that time they will be around 23) to prove their worth.

But, when it comes to Dembele ppl want him to start delivering right off the bat,despite him coming here at 20.

And pls don't bring the price tag here, its irrelevant to when players reach peak.

:worthy: :worthy:

footyfan

Calma, calma
Term 'boring ' in football is objective . Many finds Barca's tiki taka boring . Some finds counter attacking football entertaining compared to the brand of football under Pep . So yeah may be you would have found Ev boring for Barca but not for me . Pep's Barca played entertaining football but there were instances were they played painful football by just passing it to each other with no intent

Yeah, boring is subjective - but there are some common tendencies between most football-watching fans these days and it's unnecessary to deny them. Although boring is "subjective", the vast majority of the footballing world applauded Pep's Barca, not because they were winning things, but because of how they won it. This must indicate that many people shared certain notions of what's beautiful and what's boring. There might be a minority that even prefers EV's or Simeone's style to Pep's, but those are generally few and far between. I really don't see anybody these days recalling Pep's Barca as a boring team - most everyone recalls it as one of the best teams they've ever watched. Successfully entertaining people in a sport, while winning many trophies, is not something to brush aside.

Good for you that you did not find EV's Barca boring last year, things will only get better for you this year. Some better attacking players and a decently reinforced midfield is an achievable goal for this transfer period.

Malcom's Barca career: Born and died on July 23, 2018. RIP

[tw]1021794397631995906[/tw]

Last edited:

RMU ReBorn

Yeah, boring is subjective - but there are some common tendencies between most football-watching fans these days and it's unnecessary to deny them. Although boring is "subjective", the vast majority of the footballing world applauded Pep's Barca, not because they were winning things, but because of how they won it. This must indicate that many people shared certain notions of what's beautiful and what's boring. There might be a minority that even prefers EV's or Simeone's style to Pep's, but those are generally few and far between. I really don't see anybody these days recalling Pep's Barca as a boring team - most everyone recalls it as one of the best teams they've ever watched. Successfully entertaining people in a sport, while winning many trophies, is not something to brush aside.

Good for you that you did not find EV's Barca boring last year, things will only get better for you this year. Some better attacking players and a decently reinforced midfield is an achievable goal for this transfer period.
For me Lucho's treble season was the most entertaining since i started following Barca ,which was around 2005-06 . So that's what i was saying . Ev's Barca wasn't boring for me . I haven't seen any Barca manager playing boring football . Of course there were instances in which we had to grind it out , but never did we played mourinho style of football . I am not against Mourinho's style of footbal given that you don't park the bus depsite spending 300 M . Atleti don't have such money to spend and they are playing a style of football with the resources they are having

Gnidrologist

I'm working on something juicy in regards to the midfield signing. It's all speculative right now but it will involve a chain of transfers if it happens that will result in Barca signing a very good midfielder.

Will keep y'all posted when the story develops further. Right now there are only certain rumors surrounding each individual player as opposed to the bigger chain of events that will occur if the dominoes fall.
FirstLargeEidolonhelvum-max-1mb.gif

Vilarrubi

Cut it. It's been enough.

Monchi's video.

[tw]1021850003965280256/video/1[/tw]

Does anyone know what time Bordeaux tweeted the Roma transfer? I think they’ve deleted it since.

Also I can’t imagine a transfer being 100% completed and being able to back out at the expense of Roma.. I think he’s trying to make Barca out to be the only ones at fault.

Joan

Does anyone know what time Bordeaux tweeted the Roma transfer? I think they’ve deleted it since.

Also I can’t imagine a transfer being 100% completed and being able to back out at the expense of Roma.. I think he’s trying to make Barca out to be the only ones at fault.

Found pictures of tweets, but can't see the time.

Anyways, I think he's saying this just to appease the fans, they can't do anything. But, I don't see him blaming it on us either. He says something like 'we didn't sign anything but have many messages between us and the agent and the president [of Bordeaux]'. Doesn't even mention Barca there.

BADGERBHOY

Going by what he's said there, he sounds pissed with the agent and Bordeaux.

xXKonan

Bordeaux aren't in a position like most teams that aren't Lyon,Marseille,PSG,Monaco to ignore higher bids.

Is it a dick move? to many people sure but can you really blame them for putting a halt to the transfer as we came in with a better offer? I don't because most teams in Ligue 1 cannot afford to ignore better offers.

Andrew M

I said that I don't care much about what the coaches do in the CL as it's mostly about luck and referee decisions. If Muller didn't miss a penalty in 2016 the CL final would have been Real-Bayern.

Yeah winning 3 in a row is all luck. Nothing to do with having an great team. If it was all luck you'd have different finalists all the time. Out of a possible 10 different finalists in the past 5 CLs, 50% have been the same teams.

BBZ8800

You're willing to give six seasons to Vinicius and five to Rodrygo (by that time they will be around 23) to prove their worth.

But, when it comes to Dembele ppl want him to start delivering right off the bat,despite him coming here at 20.

And pls don't bring the price tag here, its irrelevant to when players reach peak.

No, I am not gonna give them 5 years.
I don't have too much faith in any if them, regarding Rm's career.
Their RM's fate will be clear till their age 22.

But if I'll say: they won't make it earlier, people will jump and say: how do you know, so I offered a politically correct reply about the age 23-24.

Feel free to quote me later: by the summer of 2019, we will know whether Dembele/Malcom have a chance to turn into Barca's level of starters one day.

Gomes, Denis and Rafinha don't need 20 seasons so that we can estimate: they'll never be key players.
After 2 seasons, in majority of cases, you can estimate a player's fate here.

Andrew M

Come on man you're either being disingenuous or just refusing to see the facts.

Pep absolutely transformed Barca given where we were literally a season before. From the bold decisions to move on from Ronaldinho and Deco to completely reconstructing our footballing style and system, there's pretty much no way you could say otherwise. No team has ever played football to the level of Pep's Barca, period. And to rob him of the credit for that is just ridiculous.

As for City, he hasn't stepped up in the CL yet but he did manage to have the best EPL season of all time in team performance. That's far from "nothing". I reckon you were one of those praising Barca for winning the double and walking to Liga and CDR titles year after year, so how is setting the EPL record for total points not a good achievement?

With Bayern, they've had an aged squad that they were reluctant to move on from for years. If you compare what Pep did to his successor in Ancelotti (the most decorated coach in CL history) then you could even argue he overachieved given how much of the squad has been overrated and past it for years now.

Though can't expect much from those who think Willian and Ribery are world beating CL wingers now eh?

Any title is a good achievement for a coach, and I think Pep is a great coach, but I think people take it too far. Barca had won the Champions League just 2 years before he was the coach. The club was on the up for years and Pep is just part of it.

Do you think Zidane is a genius for 'transforming' Real Madrid?

Valiant effort btw at trying to say Pep overachieved at Bayern who had just won a treble the season before he came. I've not heard that one before.

Home of Barca Fans