Luka Modric

BarcaOG

Banned
Could have easily benched both at any time, especially if they didn't have the Messi and Spain synergy to get hyped from.

lol, wolfe you generally post great stuff but this is nonsense. prime xaviesta>>>>modric. xavi was a better passer, iniesta a better dribbler.

that said, modric did outlive them both. its really impressive how well he is playing at his age. he has that over them for sure. but peak vs peak, no.

El Gato

Villarato!
Nah, depends on the team. Xaviesta both system players. Both benefitted from Messi as much as Messi benefitted from them. And the rest of them i.e. Alves, Puyol etc Modric played better for piss poor teams individually several times in his career.

I dont really expect anyone here to agree lol

Richard.H

Nah, depends on the team. Xaviesta both system players. Both benefitted from Messi as much as Messi benefitted from them. And the rest of them i.e. Alves, Puyol etc Modric played better for piss poor teams individually several times in his career.

I dont really expect anyone here to agree lol

Let's not act like Real Madrid was not a well oiled machine either. Modric benefitted greatly from Casemiro who is arguably just as good of a DM as prime Busquets. Always covered his ass when needed. Varane-Ramos partnership is very solid and can contest with Pique-Puyol as one of the best CB pairings in Spain. Prime Marcelo and Carvajal are amazing FB's too. Can't forget the obvious, CR7, who was always there making dangerous runs to the box.

Morten

Did Modric do it on the 2.5 cm, pristine grass of the Camp Nou?

No.

:zidane:

Nor did he ever make me fall to sleep like Xavi did in the 2010 world cup, that some achievment.
Tbf, it wasn`t just Xavi, it was the entire Spain-team minus Iniesta, who was the only player moving the ball forward, the rest just passed it around foreveeeer.

BarcaOG

Banned
Nor did he ever make me fall to sleep like Xavi did in the 2010 world cup, that some achievment.
Tbf, it wasn`t just Xavi, it was the entire Spain-team minus Iniesta, who was the only player moving the ball forward, the rest just passed it around foreveeeer.

lool, thats nonsense. that 2010 squad was a beauty. strange that youd say something like this considering there was a strong RM element to that team (casillas-ramos-alonso-arbeloa). noooooooooonsense

serghei

Just the week Xavi got named into all-time best 11, next to guys like Maradona, Ronaldo, Maldini, Pele etc. :lol:

Xavi and Iniesta peak.

Spain:

2008 Euros winners
2010 World Cup winners
2012 Euro winners.

Xavi and Iniesta declined -> out in group stages in World Cup 2014. :lol:

System players. As in they WERE the system.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

Just the week Xavi got named into all-time best 11, next to guys like Maradona, Ronaldo, Maldini, Pele etc. :lol:

Xavi and Iniesta peak.

Spain:

2008 Euros winners
2010 World Cup winners
2012 Euro winners.

Even more ridiculous if you think of it like this.....

2008 Euros winners
2009 CL winners
2010 World Cup winners
2011 CL winners
2012 Euro winners

Absolute GOATS.

Morten

lool, thats nonsense. that 2010 squad was a beauty. strange that youd say something like this considering there was a strong RM element to that team (casillas-ramos-alonso-arbeloa). noooooooooonsense

The squad being strong didnt make it any less boring, Spain in 2010 can be summed up by endless sideways passing, and a few Iniesta dribbles.

serghei

Even more ridiculous if you think of it like this.....

2008 Euros winners
2009 CL winners
2010 World Cup winners
2011 CL winners
2012 Euro winners

Absolute GOATS.

He's probably trolling. Wouldn't be the first time. Anyway, Madrid fans on Marca consider Xavi and Iniesta the two best players in their country's history so... :lol:

Morten

Xavi and Iniesta peak.

Spain:

2008 Euros winners
2010 World Cup winners
2012 Euro winners.

XI`s doesnt matter, its all opinion anyway, as can be shown by the fact that Gerd Muller doesnt even make the third XI, what a joke!

Home of Barca Fans