Luka Modric

Stric

Every time I see him play I'm just sad that Barca didn't buy him. He would have done everything to come here while he was still with the Spurs.

raskolnikov

Every time I see him play I'm just sad that Barca didn't buy him. He would have done everything to come here while he was still with the Spurs.

Same with Isco for me but at the time it wouldnt make sense to buy any midfielders.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Same with Isco for me but at the time it wouldnt make sense to buy any midfielders.

+1. You got to look at the time when Real bought them both. Barca was packed in the midfield at the time. Signing any of them didn't make much sense. I remember even at Real Madrid Modric had a so so season when he arrived and started many matches from the bench.

If there is one player we should regret not signing when the time was right it was Toni Kroos.

Gaudi

There are strong rumors he will be called by USKOK (anti crime unit in Croatia) for questioning regarding his master's case (MAmić brtohers)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing to it. Leftist neo-liberal government are pressing hard on opposition in election year and Mamić brothers caught some fire as they donated money to opposition candidate.
They've been investigating Mamić for a decade and found nothing.
Just politics.

Gaudi

Nothing to it. Leftist neo-liberal government are pressing hard on opposition in election year and Mamić brothers caught some fire as they donated money to opposition candidate.
They've been investigating Mamić for a decade and found nothing.
Just politics.

Everything has political background in Croatia, but also policfe has a lot of evidence for a lot of pepole, so when time is right for politicans they act.
Only thing that matters here is that police do a good job as Mamic is dirty 99.9%

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He's no saint but politicians are dirty too. Some ministers and high profile government officials are already under investigation. Wait and see how many get in jail once they lose elections and protection of the system.

Gaudi

Well our biggest political party has a rulling for criminal intent so nothing new there. Maybe we should have elections every year we would be much cleaner country :p

Stric

Two wrongs don't make a right. Just because the politicians are dirty doesn't mean the system shouldn't prosecute Mamić. Everyone who's dirty should be brought to justice, and Mamić is simply the next in line.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
One does not simply catch Mamić. They will always remember this as the day they almost caught Captain Jack Mamić.

dakt

Everything has political background in Croatia, but also policfe has a lot of evidence for a lot of pepole, so when time is right for politicans they act.
Only thing that matters here is that police do a good job as Mamic is dirty 99.9%

Mamic is no angel, but people are fooled if they think that this is being done for the reasons of justice and order. This government is a leftover of communistic mentality that will be hard to rip out and
is the biggest obstacle for croatian further development, true democracy AND UNITY. The Lex Perkovic case is a huge pointer to that. Basically, it's mafia. The same mafia that is presenting itself as
"pro-liberal/social" and is choking any sense of patriotism and pride. This all has huge economical impact, but even bigger on dignity of croatian people.

So while Z. Mamic might be a emotional and primitive bastard, but he's exposing the truth in his own primitive way. Media is using that to mock "croatian mentality" and also to point out the stereotypes of
croatians in Bosnia and Herzegovina and so contribute to even further destabilization of croatian society.

dakt

Two wrongs don't make a right. Just because the politicians are dirty doesn't mean the system shouldn't prosecute Mamić. Everyone who's dirty should be brought to justice, and Mamić is simply the next in line.

Clean politics is an illusion most of the times. I'm sure US has much, much bigger problems on much, much bigger levels. The point is to recognize the bigger picture, the goals. If you don't, politics will always spit out "lesser evil" or even good as sacrificial lamb in order to give you an illusion of justice, order or democracy. So yes, if Mamic is guilty, there's a law and process for it, but if that turns the focus out of the real/much bigger problems, than they have succeeded and we are fucked.

Gaudi

Mamic is no angel, but people are fooled if they think that this is being done for the reasons of justice and order. This government is a leftover of communistic mentality that will be hard to rip out and
is the biggest obstacle for croatian further development, true democracy AND UNITY. The Lex Perkovic case is a huge pointer to that. Basically, it's mafia. The same mafia that is presenting itself as
"pro-liberal/social" and is choking any sense of patriotism and pride. This all has huge economical impact, but even bigger on dignity of croatian people.

So while Z. Mamic might be a emotional and primitive bastard, but he's exposing the truth in his own primitive way. Media is using that to mock "croatian mentality" and also to point out the stereotypes of
croatians in Bosnia and Herzegovina and so contribute to even further destabilization of croatian society.

dude, Mamic is criminal...amen!

Home of Barca Fans